Price drop after final payment?

kuku77254

Has anyone gotten anything recently when there's been a price drop after final payment? It's a significant difference and I can't cancel and rebook now but I would be happy with some non refundable OBC. My TA says they won't do anything after final payment but I don't know if she's just being lazy or if that's the actual policy.It seems like other's have said they had theirs adjusted. TIA

Same with us - 50% of the price difference in FCC. For us the price difference was $1,300.00 so $650.00.in FCC will be issued after our cruise. The email from NCL said the compensation was a “one time good will gesture” and will be split between both passengers.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, gmbhardy said:

Same with us - 50% of the price difference in FCC. For us the price difference was $1,300.00 so $650.00.in FCC will be issued after our cruise. The email from NCL said the compensation was a “one time good will gesture” and will be split between both passengers.

How soon did you get the email after you called to inquire about this?  I called on Friday and was told there was no way I would get 50% FCC and it would likely be 25% if they issued any at all.  She also told me it could take a few weeks to review.  Now today, the price dropped even more (over $2000 total).  I'm wondering if I should call back tomorrow and hope that someone else could help me with this.  My cruise is in 3 weeks and we happen to have another booked next year on the same date so we could use the FCC on that cruise.

7 hours ago, sunrise&set said:

How soon did you get the email after you called to inquire about this?  I called on Friday and was told there was no way I would get 50% FCC and it would likely be 25% if they issued any at all.  She also told me it could take a few weeks to review.  Now today, the price dropped even more (over $2000 total).  I'm wondering if I should call back tomorrow and hope that someone else could help me with this.  My cruise is in 3 weeks and we happen to have another booked next year on the same date so we could use the FCC on that cruise.

It took about five days to receive my email confirming to 50% FCC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sunrise&set said:

I think it was about 10 days, maybe a little less. There doesn’t seem to be a set policy regarding compensation for a price drop. Some people get OBC, some get varying percentages of FCC and some people get nothing. No sense to it.

50 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I think it was about 10 days, maybe a little less. There doesn’t seem to be a set policy regarding compensation for a price drop. Some people get OBC, some get varying percentages of FCC and some people get nothing. No sense to it.

According to my PCC, there are guidelines.  It used to be 25% obc.  Now it's 50% fcc.  One catch is in the promos - if they don't match, you might not get anything.  With FP at 60 dsys, if you used the BOGO airfare promo for example, no upgrade since that promo usually drops off at 90 days. Your cabin category also has to be available (to get a current price).  

Thanks everyone!  I think I will call again.  There are plenty of my cabin category available.  And from what is now showing online, it looks like several people cancelled because there is even more availability than a few weeks ago.  I'm not able to upgrade because there is nothing available to upgrade to.  We are in a 2BR in the Haven.  I'm pretty sure I'd be all set with promos and didn't use the BOGO airfare.  

I have experienced the same issue.  It depends on who answers the phone and they really want to push you to your PCC for any questions.

Had someone tell me it was 50% in FCC but didn't confirm an amount.  When I called back Friday I was told they couldn't look it up so to wait to get an e-mail.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:15 AM, kuku77254 said:

Has anyone gotten anything recently when there's been a price drop after final payment? It's a significant difference and I can't cancel and rebook now but I would be happy with some non refundable OBC. My TA says they won't do anything after final payment but I don't know if she's just being lazy or if that's the actual policy.It seems like other's have said they had theirs adjusted. TIA

A few years ago, we booked (not through a TA) a transatlantic cruise.  We had a forward balcony cabin.  We were happy with the price, but then it dropped after final payment.  I called, and they gave us $200 OBC.  Great!  It was an 11 night cruise, so we'd use that for sure.  Then the price dropped AGAIN.  Called again.  Was offered a slight upgrade on the cabin (more center of ship) and some chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the cabin on embarkation.  Okay, we took it.  Then, yes, another drop.  I called again.  They mostly just laughed at me, but gave me another $25 in OBC.  So I think one should ALWAYS call.  The absolute worst that can happen is they give you a fairly polite "I'm sorry, we can't offer you anything."  (One other cruise we did had a price drop as well, and all we got was $50 in total OBC.  Still better than nothing.)

• Like 2

Price dropped on a upcoming cruise. I was told that no one can upgrade for "free" right now, though they sent along a request and they're supposed to be contacting me. They offered only  25% at FCC which is a whopping $10 for the same category. Blah. Hoping to get a call that they'll let me upgrade. Making me reconsider buying cruise next. If they hold that to the 6+ months ahead of time...you loose more money booking in advance if you have some flexibility. 

On a different chat forum, there is a TA that posted earlier today that, for a limited time, you can get 50% fcc for a price drop, one time only.  No other details.  The recent policy, per my PCC, has been that no upgrades/adjustments if you had better perks than the current offerings.

Never hurts to call again and ask - and tell them you were told 50% fcc.  Not all reps seem to keep up with changes.

I asked my TA to contact them  The drops are considerable.  I know the ships aren't near full but why take it out on us, the ones who aren't cancelling?  

If the TA doesn't get a satisfactory answer, I'll call myself.

2 minutes ago, TominNC said:

I asked my TA to contact them  The drops are considerable.  I know the ships aren't near full but why take it out on us, the ones who aren't cancelling?  

If the TA doesn't get a satisfactory answer, I'll call myself.

Your TA owns your reservation, NCL can't do anything.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Your TA owns your reservation, NCL can't do anything.

If so then how can NCL offer ME personally a chance to bid on an upgrade, or pay for an upgrade?

Wouldn't then have to go through my TA?

9 minutes ago, TominNC said:

If so then how can NCL offer ME personally a chance to bid on an upgrade, or pay for an upgrade?

Wouldn't then have to go through my TA?

Your TA agrees to participate in the Upgrade Advantage program - or not.  Which is why some people don't get an invitation to bid.

The bids are processed through a 3rd party, not NCL.

I checked with my TA today.  She was able to get me the 50% of the difference FCC.  So that's something.  But apparently we need to use it within a year of the end of this cruise.

Does anyone know if that means booking a cruise within a year or actually taking one?

28 minutes ago, TominNC said:

I checked with my TA today.  She was able to get me the 50% of the difference FCC.  So that's something.  But apparently we need to use it within a year of the end of this cruise.

Does anyone know if that means booking a cruise within a year or actually taking one?

I was told taking one.   I am trying to get mine extended by five weeks.   

3 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Has anyone gotten a cabin upgrade recently? I've been told they no longer do free upgrades after final even though the balcony is over $200 cheaper than what I paid for my interior. 

In order to get a cabin upgrade, you will need to pay something - even a dollar.  you won't be able to upgrade to a nicer cabin if it is priced lower than your lesser cabin.  I was waiting for prices to come down a little to pay a smaller amount to upgrade from balcony to club balcony, but the next price drop was almost $300 and priced it below my fare. 

10 minutes ago, n4w said:

In order to get a cabin upgrade, you will need to pay something - even a dollar.  you won't be able to upgrade to a nicer cabin if it is priced lower than your lesser cabin.  I was waiting for prices to come down a little to pay a smaller amount to upgrade from balcony to club balcony, but the next price drop was almost $300 and priced it below my fare. 

what if the pricing is the same thing? i noticed for my cruise in a few weeks the price for a oceanview is the same price as a interior and i am currently booked in interior

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

what if the pricing is the same thing? i noticed for my cruise in a few weeks the price for a oceanview is the same price as a interior and i am currently booked in interior

call and see, but sounds like you wouldn't be paying anything more.

if it's not a lot more, pay to move to a balcony.

Edited by n4w