Will we make it?

babs135

Our cruise will end in Barcelona and we are looking to change our flight home to the UK to a direct one to Manchester rather than via Heathrow (which seems crazy and has a long wait between flights)  BUT it seems the only flight is at 12.50 pm.  My question is do you think we will make it okay?  I really don't want to spend our last night onboard fretting and then having to rush like a madwoman on arrival day into the port.

We are happy enough to spend a night in Barcelona but if there's a chance of getting home sooner we will take it.

8 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Our cruise will end in Barcelona and we are looking to change our flight home to the UK to a direct one to Manchester rather than via Heathrow (which seems crazy and has a long wait between flights)  BUT it seems the only flight is at 12.50 pm.  My question is do you think we will make it okay?  I really don't want to spend our last night onboard fretting and then having to rush like a madwoman on arrival day into the port.

We are happy enough to spend a night in Barcelona but if there's a chance of getting home sooner we will take it.

It would be really, really, really helpful if you were to provide the cruise end arrival time in Barcelona! 😉

24 minutes ago, hamrag said:

It would be really, really, really helpful if you were to provide the cruise end arrival time in Barcelona! 😉

Cunard don't usually publish port arrival times, just Morning or Early morning. (Or sometimes Afternoon or Evening)

Thanks to those people who replied but we have decided that we will spend a night in Barcelona and fly home direct to Manchester the following day.  Staying with the Cunard flights would have seen us flying into Heathrow and then twiddling our thumbs for close to 5 hours (!) before flying into Manchester.  Seems crazy.

What we will save by the removal of Cunard's flights will cover the cost of the hotel and flight.

44 minutes ago, babs135 said:

What we will save by the removal of Cunard's flights will cover the cost of the hotel and flight.

We don't have Cunard flights in NZ - but I find your comment interesting. I thought people used Cunard because they got a so-called good deal on one way flights - obviously not in this case 

Also not comparible if you have airmiles/avios/miles etc (as frequent flyer schemes don't charge a premium for one-ways at all, and often cost near nothing within Europe (and a small amount for ex-US flights), the expense only really is on ex-UK flights one way as these have lots of taxes, which on miles you still need to pay.   Equally however such mileage flights are also often cancellable on day with 0 penalties, so make for good options for cruise flights (even transatalantic ones).   Many cruisers we have met use these to their advantage as it means even if cruise line cancels a cruise the day before, you are rarely out of pocket.

Of course you have to already have the miles for such options to be viable.   We are quite lucky in my travels from a previous job have left us with a "sizable" mileage account.