Viking Sky Retrofit?

MadMarine

Thanks, Andy.  We’re currently scheduled to do LA to London on Sky in 2024. I am torn between this and Neptune’s WC in 2024.  Just thinking about the age of ship and last retrofit.  As always, I would be interested in your take.

Mad

9 hours ago, MadMarine said:

Thanks, Andy.  We’re currently scheduled to do LA to London on Sky in 2024. I am torn between this and Neptune’s WC in 2024.  Just thinking about the age of ship and last retrofit.  As always, I would be interested in your take.

Mad

Even the Sky will only be 7-yrs old, which is still new for a cruise ship. Tough question to answer, as I believe they are both on the same itinerary, only a few days apart.

Based on reports from Viking Star, on the current WC, they have many of the Officers & crew from the original WC ship, Viking Sun. We are hoping to see many of them switch to Neptune in 2022/23 for her 1st World Cruise.

Not sure how Viking will crew the ships in 24, but based on the potential for more of the experienced WC crew being on Neptune, I would probably opt for that ship. The WC experience is so different from regular cruises and the crew can really make a difference.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Even the Sky will only be 7-yrs old, which is still new for a cruise ship. Tough question to answer, as I believe they are both on the same itinerary, only a few days apart.

Based on reports from Viking Star, on the current WC, they have many of the Officers & crew from the original WC ship, Viking Sun. We are hoping to see many of them switch to Neptune in 2022/23 for her 1st World Cruise.

Not sure how Viking will crew the ships in 24, but based on the potential for more of the experienced WC crew being on Neptune, I would probably opt for that ship. The WC experience is so different from regular cruises and the crew can really make a difference.

Great input as always, many thanks.  We’re currently in 5088 a PV1 on Sky.  The currently available PV1 on Neptune is a guaranteed room.  Don’t think there are any “bad” PVs so we could take our chances.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MadMarine said:

Great input as always, many thanks.  We’re currently in 5088 a PV1 on Sky.  The currently available PV1 on Neptune is a guaranteed room.  Don’t think there are any “bad” PVs so we could take our chances.  

MadMarine since you are currently on the Sky, can you ask around to confirm or deny the rumor that the Sky now has the 3 drawers in the DV closets.  I posted a separate topic on this but since you are now on the ship...

21 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

MadMarine since you are currently on the Sky, can you ask around to confirm or deny the rumor that the Sky now has the 3 drawers in the DV closets.  I posted a separate topic on this but since you are now on the ship...

Hi TayanaLorna

We are not currently on Sky.  We’ve booked the 2024 WC.  Sorry I can’t help help with the drawer question.

Mad

On 2/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, MadMarine said:

Does anyone know where you can find a schedule for retrofit of the Sky?

We were on the Sky the end of December and it had just returned from Drydock. It looked and felt brand new. The three drawers have been installed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

We were on the Sky the end of December and it had just returned from Drydock. It looked and felt brand new. The three drawers have been installed.

Just out of interest, any idea where she drydocked?