Texting on Carnival Panorama

getawaygirl

Are you able to text on "Sea Days?" I seem to remember we somehow did it thru their ap for a small fee. I don't think we need the wifi package because our phone service covers Mexico so we have service when we're in port. Or any other suggestions on how to keep in contact with other passengers?

14 hours ago, mistycruiser said:

Yes you can sign up for chat on the Hub app.  It is $5.00 per user. We had a few issues using it and had to power down the phone and turn the phone back on a few times. 

$5pp per cruise or per day?  Thanks!

You can use the Carnival Hub app to text with other cruisers on the ship (while connected to ship WiFi) for $5 per person per cruise.

If you want to SMS text to people on shore, you'll be using Cellular at Sea roaming. It is very expensive. A better option may be to purchase the ship's Social WiFi plan and use Facebook messenger etc to stay in touch (or just wait for port days since you said you'll have cellular service in port).

9 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

The texting mentioned above for $5 is only between people on the ship.  If you are looking to text someone back home you will need the WiFi plan. 

Thanks, I'm after the onboard feature even if it isn't perfect, it will help us stay connected. 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, modes said:

Disconnect your on vacation.

Kind of judgy..... 

We use texting on ship because we're a family of 6 and sometimes (often) get separated.  Further, I know of some people that really need to get away, but feel better knowing they can check in back home with ailing parents, children left with a sitter, etc.  

and it's "you're".... 

Back in the "old" days, I remember spotting passengers around the ship carrying walkie talkies in order to communicate with other people in their party on board.

Wife always gets the HUB chat app for us.  I guess she is not wanting me to be "disconnected".

I found the service to be somewhat unreliable.  I often did not get her texts until hours later.  And that's my story (and I'm sticking to it).

1 hour ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

found the service to be somewhat unreliable.  I often did not get her texts until hours later.  And that's my story (and I'm sticking to it).

Haha thats my husbands story too! In his defense, you have to have the hub app open in order to get texts and he usually didn't think to do that. But he also has "selective hearing" when it comes to my texts lol

• Like 1