Spa Services For Kids

RCCL Fan

I'm sure this one will bring out the kid haters.... but so be it.

My wife and two daughters (8 and 13) enjoy getting their nails done together. 

They regularly go to the day spa here in town for mani/pedi dates.

I've hit that point where I've bought everything I need for my cruise, so some leftover funds in the travel budget can go for some nice extras.

I thought why not send them to the spa for some mother daughter time.

Everything in the cruise planner says minimum age is 18.   However there's a link for "teen" massages and facials, but then it says minimum age 18, and won't let me book it for my daughter.   I'm guessing you have to book it for the adult, and one kid is included, but what about the other kid?  Can't leave her out!

I called and got a very confused unsure agent.

Anyone have any experience with kids getting their nails done on the ship?

Many of you have met my kids,  my daughters are well mannered, calm, even my youngest enjoys sitting in the suite lounge quietly and reading at times.  They respect their environment... I know all kids don't....  so not going to debate opinions on whether kids should be in the spa.

Just wondering if anyone has any intel on whether they are allowed services onboard and at what age.

Thanks

When my DS was 11 turning 12 while sailing on the Anthem of the Seas he received a $50 spa certificate to celebrate his birthday. He chose a massage. I had to be in the room with him. They mentioned it was fine for a minor to get treatments as long as a parent/guardian was present. 

Just be aware that there may be glitches in your plan.  On a cruise (admittedly quite a few years ago), my daughter and I wanted to get mother-daughter pedicures.  The spa receptionist told me that they only had one operator who did pedicures, so we couldn't get them at the same time.  Very disappointing.

My son and I got pedicures together on board a few times when he was younger.  You just book once onboard.

The above poster has a good point.  I've never seen more than two nail techs on at the same time, and sometimes only one, so getting all three in at once might prove impossible.