Are the diamond drinks actual paper vouchers?

Bjbilly

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Would the plastic one pass?

The stainless steel one I pack in my checked luggage has always passed security. I don't want to pass  along false info, but if it's the same style as my SS one I don't see why it wouldn't pass the security check in checked luggage. In a carry on I would expect a problem.  

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

I wouldn't even think about carrying in my carry on. Always in my first aid kit in our checked luggage. Never any issues. I wouldn't have posted what I bring onboard if I had any problems bringing it onboard along with my mustache scissors (2.25" blades). 

I've noticed that the people scanning the carry-on bags have a lot less training/experience than the people scanning the checked luggage.  

Recently on a S2S cruise in Miami, I just so happened to pack my hair-cutting scissors in my carry-on bag instead of my checked bag, and I got pulled aside and had to show them what I had and they had to check with "superiors" to give me permission to take them.  Those same scissors had been in my checked bag and scanned with no problem on three previous ships that month.  

Then last month in San Pedro, I had my little desk fan in my carry-on bag (this same fan has been packed in my checked bag probably 10-15 times already, I'm not even sure why it was in my carry-on that day), and the security dude asked me if I had a fan and said he'd have to check if it was allowed. (are there cruise lines that don't allow fans?)  He scurried off to ask "management" and then hollered over to ask me if it was a "portable fan".  Um.... given that I was carrying it in my luggage, I would think that it was pretty obvious that it's not hard-wired to a building. (???)  I just reassured him and said that yes, it's a USB powered fan, and he nodded knowingly and allowed me to proceed. 

The list of prohibited items is pretty clear-cut, allowing scissors up to a 4" blade and not mentioning fans in any way, shape or form (whether "portable" 🙄 or not).  

It's like they get a tiny bit of imagined "power" and have to overcompensate for something with it, like the TSA agent who made me throw away my saline solution for my contacts (medical items are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule) because I didn't have a prescription for it (who gets a prescription for saline solution???).  The security personnel who are scanning the checked luggage don't have an audience for their badge-power, so they don't have a reason to exert their authority for others to witness.

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is that true under the new voucher system? I understood the reasoning under the old happy hour rules but it doesn't make as much sense now.

I am talking about the bars.

I just made D on my last trip, so never experienced the D lounge.

I don't recall anyone drinking beer in the suite lounge.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've noticed that the people scanning the carry-on bags have a lot less training/experience than the people scanning the checked luggage.  

It's like they get a tiny bit of imagined "power" and have to overcompensate for something with it, like the TSA agent who made me throw away my saline solution for my contacts (medical items are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule) because I didn't have a prescription for it (who gets a prescription for saline solution???).  The security personnel who are scanning the checked luggage don't have an audience for their badge-power, so they don't have a reason to exert their authority for others to witness.

Be happy that they ask and get the proper word.  They could just confiscate the items and let you fight it out.

The workers are not highly paid skilled labor.  Even TSA scanners are paid quite low salaries.  they start at around $24,000 per year.

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Recently on a S2S cruise in Miami, I just so happened to pack my hair-cutting scissors in my carry-on bag instead of my checked bag, and I got pulled aside and had to show them what I had and they had to check with "superiors" to give me permission to take them.  Those same scissors had been in my checked bag and scanned with no problem on three previous ships that month.  

Then last month in San Pedro, I had my little desk fan in my carry-on bag (this same fan has been packed in my checked bag probably 10-15 times already, I'm not even sure why it was in my carry-on that day), and the security dude asked me if I had a fan and said he'd have to check if it was allowed. (are there cruise lines that don't allow fans?)  He scurried off to ask "management" and then hollered over to ask me if it was a "portable fan".  Um.... given that I was carrying it in my luggage, I would think that it was pretty obvious that it's not hard-wired to a building. (???)  I just reassured him and said that yes, it's a USB powered fan, and he nodded knowingly and allowed me to proceed. 

The list of prohibited items is pretty clear-cut, allowing scissors up to a 4" blade and not mentioning fans in any way, shape or form (whether "portable" 🙄 or not).  

The only things we put in our carry on(s) are documents, prescription medicine, and valuables. We don't even bring wine onboard anymore.