Are the diamond drinks actual paper vouchers?

Bjbilly

They are on your seapass, and they will pay for the first four drinks you order unless you specify otherwise.  So if you order a coke, or a water, or an inexpensive beer, but would rather save your vouchers for more expensive drinks, make sure you say so when you order.

• Like 3

@BjbillyAlso the C&A HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card will be deducted from your allotted amount even in the DL during the C&A HH in the evening. What you don't use in the 24 hour period will not carry over. Use ore lose. But that isn't any different from what it was before this change. 

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What you don't use in the 24 hour period will not carry over. Use ore lose. 

So stop by a bar and get a can of water or a soda to take back to your room, or buy a drink for someone.

Also, NO TIP IS ADDED so don't forget to take care of your bar staff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

So stop by a bar and get a can of water or a soda to take back to your room, or buy a drink for someone.

Since you quoted me, your preaching to the choir. :classic_rolleyes: 

No need. I will have no problem drinking 5 drinks a day. That's why I said use or lose. Your choice how you use them.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

They didn't even give me paper to sign or add gratuity, just handed the card back with the drinks every time. Maybe it's not the same everywhere, this was on Oasis this week.

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

They didn't even give me paper to sign or add gratuity, just handed the card back with the drinks every time. Maybe it's not the same everywhere, this was on Oasis this week.

You never (past and current) get a receipt to sign when ordering the C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card. You just hand the server the tip. When you tip, if you tip and how much you tip is all on you. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

We always tip in cash at the bars. Even if using a free drink you can ask for a receipt so you can add a tip if no cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Why would you get a can of water? Even the inside cabins have a tap and you can get ice from your cabin steward/ess . You can take your Time sipping your baileys, bourbon or beer , security do not come and take your diamond drink away from you at the stroke of midnight. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Why would you get a can of water? Even the inside cabins have a tap and you can get ice from your cabin steward/ess . You can take your Time sipping your baileys, bourbon or beer , security do not come and take your diamond drink away from you at the stroke of midnight. 🤷‍♂️

My Daughter and I always get Bottle/Can's water take ashore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

My Daughter and I always get Bottle/Can's water take ashore

Your choice , my logic cannot possibly comprehend spending , vouchers or not , US $26  on something that is free out of a tap . 🙄

15 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Your choice , my logic cannot possibly comprehend spending , vouchers or not , US $26  on something that is free out of a tap . 🙄

You'd be surprised how many people were stopping by Boleros at 11pm or so on Odyssey to pick up water or sodas. 

I grabbed Red Bulls a few nights if I had any vouchers left

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I don't, but some people do.  We will get them to take home, to keep for car trips and such.

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Because sometimes I just don't want another drink.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

You never (past and current) get a receipt to sign when ordering the C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card. You just hand the server the tip. When you tip, if you tip and how much you tip is all on you. 

I am pretty sure it was on Freedom at the Schooner Bar. If I handed a tip with my seapass no receipt showed up.  If I did not sure enough a receipt came with the drink.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, originally I was handing the tip when the drink was delivered. I switched to handing it with my seapass which I gave them when ordering.

That's what we always did (haven't cruised since 2019, Freedom) no matter where we ordered our drinks. 

We are not big drinkers and find that often drinks in Chops are not charged for. So 5/each is a lot. On the way back to our cabin we stop at a bar and get soda water, beer or soda. At the end of our last cruise we l left the cabin stewart a nice seller plus a free bottle of wine we never got to. My wife enjoys soda water instead of plain and I would never make it to dinner if I drank wine all day. So use soda water to make spritzers or have a few beers.

• Like 1