Mardi Gras terminal parking

Coolhand

Can someone who has cruised Mardi Gras recently and parked at the new terminal please report if there is sufficient parking there or should we park offsite and take a shuttle.  We have another trip planned after Mardi Gras and need to self assist debarking AFAP to get on the road!  Thank you in advance and pictures would be helpful.

24 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wondering if they let overflow for RCI cruisers park in CCL.

They RCI terminal has 3 ships and I have heard it gets completely full a lot. (no pun intended)

RCL parking was very bad.  Harmony schedule departure was Sunday we got to the parking area before 11 and had to park on the roof the parking attendee indicated it was almost full because Independence of the seas took most of the spaces.  RCL will need to come up with more parking spaces.

We will be on Mardi Gras soon hope the parking at CCL terminal is much better!.

3 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

RCL parking was very bad.  Harmony schedule departure was Sunday we got to the parking area before 11 and had to park on the roof the parking attendee indicated it was almost full because Independence of the seas took most of the spaces.  RCL will need to come up with more parking spaces.

Yes and I see on the webcam an empty lot next to RCI.  and across the way CCL has another large garage too.  I have heard that Port Canaveral is getting a little too busy these days.  RCI has issues with parking but I knew nearby places can be reserved still I like parking at ship dockside.

Up in Bayonne NJ they only have one parking garage and Celebrity is assigned the lot next to it.

But in the last couple of years they have torn down a lot of buildings and one would hope that another parking garage might go up as early summer to fall - three ships leave from Port Liberty.  Thank goodness Anthem OTS goes to the UK

This is good news.  Our latest cruise from Port Canaveral on the Carnival Magic was a complete disaster.  They ran out of tickets, both sides, and no came to fill them for 20 minutes.  We called the Port, and got a message they were closed on Saturday!  So nothing to do but wait.  Luckily, by the time they cleared up the parking mess, we had no lines in front of us for check-in, security or boarding.  But another cluster leaving - only had one lane open with one attendant to let everyone out.  It took us about 30 minutes to get out of the garage and pay.  

I am hesitant but will likely give Port parking one last shot for our Mardi Gras cruise coming up in 11 days. 

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wondering if they let overflow for RCI cruisers park in CCL.

They RCI terminal has 3 ships and I have heard it gets completely full a lot. (no pun intended)

Seems like that would be a mess, I don't see that happening. Plus it's about a 15 minute walk between terminals 1 and 3 and Carnival Liberty also shares the garage and terminal with Mardi Gras.

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one.  It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg.  LOL  Harmony goes out on Sundays, Indy on Monday and Friday, Mariner varies because it does 4/5 night cruises.  If the parking attendant was correct, maybe it's because Harmony is a 7 night cruise and more people fly in for that vs. driving to the port for shorter cruises?  

Edited by cruisemom2

20 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Seems like that would be a mess, I don't see that happening. Plus it's about a 15 minute walk between terminals 1 and 3 and Carnival Liberty also shares the garage and terminal with Mardi Gras.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one.  It's like which came first, the chicken or the egg.  LOL  Harmony goes out on Sundays, Indy on Monday and Friday, Mariner varies because it does 4/5 night cruises.  If the parking attendant was correct, maybe it's because Harmony is a 7 night cruise and more people fly in for that vs. driving to the port for shorter cruises?  

During covid time most ships had about 1/2 or less capacity and RCL has had this problem just can't image if all the ship would run with 3/4 to full load where will they  put us?.  It is bad for RCL for bringing big and bigger ships but does not provide adequate spaces for everyone.   The parking garage near the ship is not cheap on top of that.

You can pay for parking at Terminal 3 contactless using E-Pass.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-Cruise-Terminal-Parking-to-Feature-

Since E-Pass, SunPass, and EZ-Pass are all now compatible and can be used on all Florida toll roads, does that imply SunPass or EZ-Pass would work for payment at terminal 3 as well?

16 hours ago, lazydayz said:

This is good news.  Our latest cruise from Port Canaveral on the Carnival Magic was a complete disaster.  They ran out of tickets, both sides, and no came to fill them for 20 minutes.  We called the Port, and got a message they were closed on Saturday!  So nothing to do but wait.  Luckily, by the time they cleared up the parking mess, we had no lines in front of us for check-in, security or boarding.  But another cluster leaving - only had one lane open with one attendant to let everyone out.  It took us about 30 minutes to get out of the garage and pay.  

I am hesitant but will likely give Port parking one last shot for our Mardi Gras cruise coming up in 11 days. 

Good news from your point of view is that Mardi Gras has its own (new) parking garage, not the same area as where Magic docks.

10 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

You can pay for parking at Terminal 3 contactless using E-Pass.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-Cruise-Terminal-Parking-to-Feature-

Since E-Pass, SunPass, and EZ-Pass are all now compatible and can be used on all Florida toll roads, does that imply SunPass or EZ-Pass would work for payment at terminal 3 as well?

When we parked at the terminal in Dec for Mardi Gras, there did not seem to be any E-Pass (or EZ-Pass or SunPass) options, just the usual credit card payment system (which now apparently you pay for up front, at least for Mardi Gras, it was always as you leave previously).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

When we parked at the terminal in Dec for Mardi Gras, there did not seem to be any E-Pass (or EZ-Pass or SunPass) options, just the usual credit card payment system (which now apparently you pay for up front, at least for Mardi Gras, it was always as you leave previously).

That was our experience in November as well.  No E-Pass lane and pay up front.  Maybe missed seeing the E-Pass but only one entry after dropping off luggage.

• Thanks 1