Releasing a Courtesy Hold so my TA can complete the reservation

Josie201

Last night I put six cabins on a courtesy hold for the Beyond as I want six sunset veranda all together.  My agent says Celebrity needs to release them so she can complete the booking.  Celebrity is asking me to complete a "transfer this reservation" form, but I already have six open reservations with my TA and don't wish to create six new bookings, simply complete the bookings she already has for me with this cruise.

Anyone have any experience with this.  I tried to cancel the courtesy holds on-line but that was not an obvious procedure. 

I realise they will expire tonight and I could just wait but... I did the hold because I don't want to risk losing the cabins.

Agree that normally you can't release the hold yourself.   I have had my agent call in and Celebrity was able to release it to them without me calling in but have also done with a 3-way call.  Other times I complete the booking myself and then transfer to my agent (much easier).     It usually takes a day or two after booking to transfer and be warning you can only do this for a reservation prior to final payment.   If after final payment you can not transfer but your agent can book directly for you.  

I always call in and ask them to cancel the reservation on hold.  Never a problem, but it is a bit of a race for the TA to pick the cabin up without someone else getting it.

I think to transfer the hold to the TA it would first have to be deposited and I doubt OP wanted to lay down that money.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree that normally you can't release the hold yourself.   <snip>

you can only do this for a reservation prior to final payment.   If after final payment you can not transfer but your agent can book directly for you.  

Interesting. I just had a different experience - on Monday I put a courtesy hold on an Edge sailing next month, put down the deposit within 24 hours, then paid in full the following day. I contacted my TA about filling out the transfer form and gave him the the details of the reservation. The transfer happened yesterday without me being involved in any way.

I've also had a situation where we had to do a three-way call because I had a courtesy hold and he couldn't grab the reservation directly. And once, I had to complete the reservation process then fill out an on online form to transfer to him. I've given up on attempting to figure out the Celebrity processes.

I find it frustrating that you can't cancel a courtesy hold, but just have to let it time out. First world problems.  Kay

Edited by MarKay525

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, Jim_Iain said:

It usually takes a day or two after booking to transfer and be warning you can only do this for a reservation prior to final payment.   If after final payment you can not transfer but your agent can book directly for you.  

I booked a May 2022 cruise directly with X on 2/24/22.  Final payment is due 3/16.  I want to transfer to a big box TA, but am concerned that it may be too close to final payment for the transfer to be completed. (I am still waiting on Holland to complete a transfer that I sent to them on 2/20)  Do you know how long it usually takes X to transfer the booking?  This will be our first X cruise.

10 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

I booked a May 2022 cruise directly with X on 2/24/22.  Final payment is due 3/16.  I want to transfer to a big box TA, but am concerned that it may be too close to final payment for the transfer to be completed. (I am still waiting on Holland to complete a transfer that I sent to them on 2/20)  Do you know how long it usually takes X to transfer the booking?  This will be our first X cruise.

If you use the form online they say 7-10 days but it's rarely beyond 24hrs, if not the same day.

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

My TA submitted the transfer request on a booking Friday morning and zfriday afternoon I was notified the reservation was transferred.

• Thanks 1