capacity

Electra 7

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the numbers for QM2's departure from Southampton this evening on her 7-night cruise to Norway.

QM2 - May 22, 2022: 1999 pax; 1192 crew; pax/crew: 1.68

That works out to ≈74% of her 2695 lower berth passenger capacity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been quite a while since there has been clear reception on the Southampton VTS radio feed I use to pick up the counts reported by the ships departing Southampton. I was too late to listen in live for QV's departure this afternoon, but the helpful blue spanners on the Solent Ships YouTube channel were listening. Here are the figures based on what they reported. These are the first counts I've been able to report for QV since she returned to service.

QV - July 10, 2022: 1493 pax; 871 crew; pax/crew: 1.71

That works out to ≈72% of her 2081 lower berth passenger capacity.

• Like 2

Here are the numbers for QM2's departure from Southampton this evening on her 14-night cruise to the Mediterranean.

QM2 - July 15, 2022: 2047 pax; 1159 crew; pax/crew: 1.77

That works out to ≈76% of her 2695 lower berth passenger capacity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Is that the first time over 2,000 from Southampton since her return to sailing ?

This is the first time when I've been able to hear the QM2 counts reported via Southampton VTS radio where the passenger count has been over 2,000. But I wouldn't want to read too much into that since there were three other Southampton departures for QM2 from late May through June when the radio feed was down or unintelligible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the numbers for QM2's departure from Southampton this evening on her westbound crossing to New York.

QM2 - July 29, 2022: 2080 pax; 1204 crew; pax/crew: 1.73

That works out to ≈77% of her 2695 lower berth passenger capacity.

On 7/15/2022 at 6:02 PM, bluemarble said:

Here are the numbers for QM2's departure from Southampton this evening on her 14-night cruise to the Mediterranean.

QM2 - July 15, 2022: 2047 pax; 1159 crew; pax/crew: 1.77

That works out to ≈76% of her 2695 lower berth passenger capacity.

Just to add a little more info to that - when QM2 arrived in Civitavecchia, 250 passengers disembarked and 300 new passengers embarked, making the passenger count for the second half of the voyage back to Southampton total 2097.  I also saw an additional passenger embarking with luggage in Lisbon which seemed rather unusual.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mcloaked said:

Just to add a little more info to that - when QM2 arrived in Civitavecchia, 250 passengers disembarked and 300 new passengers embarked, making the passenger count for the second half of the voyage back to Southampton total 2097.  I also saw an additional passenger embarking with luggage in Lisbon which seemed rather unusual.

Could it have been an entertainer or a speaker?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Or perhaps someone who missed the ship in Civitavecchia, and was keen to get to NY.

I think the captain's departure announcement said that all passengers were back on board as we were about to slip the lines and thrust off the berth. So I think not.

16 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

I think the captain's departure announcement said that all passengers were back on board as we were about to slip the lines and thrust off the berth. So I think not.

No, I meant a new passenger - someone on a Cunard package of some sort whose car didn't arrive or something. Back on board wouldn't apply to him.

14 hours ago, mcloaked said:

Could be a passenger who bought some new luggage in Lisbon!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the figures for QV's departure today on her cruise to Norway.

QV - August 14, 2022: 1697 pax; 921 crew; pax/crew: 1.84

That works out to ≈82% of her 2081 lower berth passenger capacity.

I believe this is the first passenger capacity figure of 80% or more I've been able to report so far on this thread.

• Like 2

According to a post on the Portos da Madeira facebook page today, here are the figures for QE's arrival at Ponta Delgada on Tuesday.

QE - August 16, 2022: 1350 pax; 923 crew; pax/crew: 1.46

That works out to ≈65% of her 2092 lower berth passenger capacity.

23 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

@bluemarble do you know current passenger load for QV I am on board and imo she is defo not at capacity. Thanx 

The count QV reported to Southampton VTS on Sunday upon departure for your current cruise to Norway which I posted above was 1697 passengers. That's ≈82% capacity.