Rudi's or 555?

Poseymedic

We are cruising on Mardi Gras 1 month from today. If we had to pick 1 specialty restaurant for my husband and I to try, which one is the favorite? Our teens can fend for themselves while we go out alone for 1 night!  I love the menu for Rudi's and the steakhouse but am torn. 

Both are excellent however at Rudi's I made a wrong choice of ordering Red Snapper which I love however I was given the dark meat of  the fish which I should have sent back.  The dark meat on a fish has a  very strong fishy smell and taste but I would absolutely go back.  Neither of the restaurants would be a mistake

If you've eaten at any Carnival steakhouse in the past, menu and serve are similar.  If you like seafood, give Rudi's the nod.  You won't be disappointed.  Book early and at a ealier dining time if possible, before the usual 7-8 dinner crowd show up.

Rudi's over Steakhouse. 1st of all it's the 1st ship in the fleet to have this restaurant,so if we you're a regular Carnival cruiser,it will be a brand new specialty restaurant you've never eaten at. 2nd it's truly a fine dining experience even more so than the steakhouse. The atmosphere is upscale, serene, and everything from decor, table settings,service, and food represents the best of any Carnival specialty restaurant. 

I ate at Steakhouse last night and Rudi's tonight.  They are comparable,  so choose Rudi's if you prefer seafood and choose the Steakhouse if you prefer steak.  I will say,  Rudi's is more food for the price, but I prefer the Steakhouse because I love the filet and mashed potatoes.

Our vote would be for Rudi's, without hesitation - We dined there several times over two sailings, and ended up cancelling a couple nights at the Steakhouse. If the ONLY other specialty option was the Steakhouse - then we'd be there basically every night. Throw Rudi's into the mix, and that changes everything.

I will say - I really enjoyed the Maine lobster at Rudi's in August. By November, it was replaced with a warm water lobster tail. One might only take issue with that if they were aware that a downgrade had taken place...

Tom