Question about OASIS

nj356

Hello

My family and I will be on the OASIS at the end on May of this year, first time on a mega ship. For anyone who has been on this ship, what can we expect, activities, getting around the ship, food, what a cabin is like, we are on desk 7 with a baloney and things to do on board. Also any chance anyone has recent daily sheets that can be posted. I would like to get an idea on what goes on each day. We are looking forward to this cruise, it has been two years and we are ready to go. Thank you Norm

• Haha 1

Been on Oasis ships quite a few times...  

Cabins are not all that different than other ships- the decoration is slightly different, and there's a real door on the showers, but the cabin is pretty much like all others.  

The size will be the big thing you notice, followed quickly by the realization that you can find alone space so easily among 6000 other passengers.  

The next think you will notice is there are not many obvious views of the sea...  Like one of the most interesting places on the ship to us, Central Park, is very much on the inside of the ship.  But it's pretty cool to be there.

In terms of activities- like other big ships, there's an ice rink with a show, and the theater with multiple shows- but unlike all the other ships, the aqua theater is pretty cool- for sure shows you want to go see.

The stand alone comedy theater and jazz club are also different than other ships.  And having 2 flow riders gives you more opportunity to play on one.

There's a lot on one of these ships- so you may need a second cruise to get it all.... 

• Like 1

Since you have done more smaller ships, one big expectation change is from a cruise ship to a floating resort.  If you expect that, then the lack of a lot of sea views gets muted.  There are plenty of places to have great sea views- just not from places you would on more typical ships.  

I sailed on Oasis in 2010 (Inaugural season), Allure in 2014, and Harmony in 2019.  When you hear 6000+ passengers, you assume that the ship will be super crowded.  No way!  There are so many places to go/be on the Oasis class ships.  Best tip:  on embarkation day, EXPLORE EXPLORE EXPLORE.

• Like 1

Just now, AJTWC said:

I sailed on Oasis in 2010 (Inaugural season), Allure in 2014, and Harmony in 2019.  When you hear 6000+ passengers, you assume that the ship will be super crowded.  No way!  There are so many places to go/be on the Oasis class ships.  Best tip:  on embarkation day, EXPLORE EXPLORE EXPLORE!

Sailing our first Oasis class ship in April.  Oasis OTS. As original poster posted, does anyone have any current Daily Sheets? Also the disembark info that is printed out. And Yes I know the TV show's the check out time.

And Yes Biker! 🙂 I looked at the app , but I do not see many SHOWS/TIMES listed. So wondering why the Aqua theatre show times are not listed and why the Ice Skating shows are not listed or even some of the main theatre act's?

Following this week's cruise, in app since it will be same itinerary we are sailing. But not much info for show's.

for entertainment I see the usual:

Misc Bands playing in the promenade, movies, music hall band, other misc. live music, game shows, DJ, club but no 

THANKS!!

3 hours ago, nj356 said:

Hello

My family and I will be on the OASIS at the end on May of this year, first time on a mega ship. For anyone who has been on this ship, what can we expect, activities, getting around the ship, food, what a cabin is like, we are on desk 7 with a baloney and things to do on board. Also any chance anyone has recent daily sheets that can be posted. I would like to get an idea on what goes on each day. We are looking forward to this cruise, it has been two years and we are ready to go. Thank you Norm

If you use aft elevators a lot be aware you can't get from the port bank to the starboard bank without going down to 6 or up to 8. Make sure you take the elevators on the side  your cabin is located.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

And Yes Biker! 🙂 I looked at the app , but I do not see many SHOWS/TIMES listed. So wondering why the Aqua theatre show times are not listed and why the Ice Skating shows are not listed or even some of the main theatre act's?

The shows aren't listed until you are on board - you have to look at the current sailing to see them. Even for that there are apparently some exceptions as on Symphony the app never shows them, even when on board.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The shows aren't listed until you are on board - you have to look at the current sailing to see them. Even for that there are apparently some exceptions as on Symphony the app never shows them, even when on board.

TY.

Oasis-class the first time can be overwhelming. Don't try to do everything possible. 

Make sure you take the whole family to see the aqua show and the ice skating show! Go early in the week in case you want to see it again later.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, ValerieJo said:

For anyone currently on the ship, is the Solarium Bistro open?  

Just got off the Oasis on Sunday Feb 20th.  Solarium Bistro was only open for breakfast and brunch on our sailing.  Food was fine...nothing exciting.

• Thanks 1

I’m on the same ship. We had a 3 night, cancelled then went for 4 night, cancelled then 8 night in April but friend just got her job back so we cancelled. Booked on Oasis. Last cabin in Boardwalk. We will have views of water, boardwalk, and water show from our balcony. I can’t wait! Drink package already booked