Vaccination question for kids

If a 12 year old gets vaccinated, does she have to wait 14 days after to be considered fully vaccinated.  I know Carnival requires that but not sure about here.  I have a teenage daughter that does not want to cruise so I am considering taking a friend for my 11 year old instead.  The friend is 12 and we Sail April 3rd.  I'm not sure if she would have time to get vaccinated even if her parents would consider it.  I thought I would ask here first before I ask her parents.

1 hour ago, OhioScubaGirl said:

You need 5 full weeks before you cruise to start the process for a minor. 

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Day 0: First shot

Day 21: Second shot

Day 35: Fully vaccinated.

This is for Pfizer.  Moderna wouldn't work - it's 4 weeks between 1st and 2nd shot.

And it needs to be a full 14 days before you sail.  Day 15 would be the first day they would be cleared to sail.

Saw a family get turned away because the husband was on Day 14 on the sailing date and they would not let him board…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is for Pfizer.  Moderna wouldn't work - it's 4 weeks between 1st and 2nd shot.

Pfizer is all that's available for the potential passenger in question (who is described as a 12-yr-older).

Moderna is only authorized for 18+.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Pfizer is the only vaccine authorized for anyone under 18

1 hour ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Pfizer is all that's available for the potential passenger in question (who is described as a 12-yr-older).

Moderna is only authorized for 18+.

Thank you.  I didn't know that.  🙂 

My "kids" are in their 30's.  And my grandkids are under 5.  😄 

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

not everywhere,  we got Moderna with exactly 3 weeks between shots

It looks like you are in Germany - in the U.S., we're required to wait four weeks between Moderna shots.

FYI - if you are not fully vaccinated, but fully paid for your cruise (i.e. get turned away at the cruise port) then the cost is on you. We saw a woman get turned away at our cruse in September (she was unvaccinated, which I still don't get how she didn't know because RCI emailed us almost every day about being vaccinated if you're over 12) and mentioned it to a boarding agent. The boarding agent said that there were absolutely no refunds in that case, as RCI did not consider being unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated as a reason to get a refund...