Barcelona day tours - recommendations?

DENIE

We are disembarking in Barcelona this June, and have never been there before.  We are staying the day, and flying out the following morning.  Looking for suggestions of tour companies for a 4-8 hour tour.  Looking at Barcelona only.  We are staying at the El Avenida Palace Hotel, which I understand is near or across from the Cathedral.  Interests include going  inside the La Sagrada (skip the line), architecture, food/tapas, etc.  We don't plan to tour outside of Barcelona.  I am checking out Tours by Locals, but think there are probably others.

I tried to search for a thread, but didn't see one.  Many thanks in advance! 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DENIE said:

We are disembarking in Barcelona this June, and have never been there before.  We are staying the day, and flying out the following morning.  Looking for suggestions of tour companies for a 4-8 hour tour.  Looking at Barcelona only.  We are staying at the El Avenida Palace Hotel, which I understand is near or across from the Cathedral.  Interests include going  inside the La Sagrada (skip the line), architecture, food/tapas, etc.  We don't plan to tour outside of Barcelona.  I am checking out Tours by Locals, but think there are probably others.

I tried to search for a thread, but didn't see one.  Many thanks in advance! 🙂

Runner Bean has "free" tours of the Gothic quarter. https://runnerbeantours.com/

Get your own tickets to Sagrada Familia on their website and take a taxi there.  Lots of taxis everywhere.

5 minutes ago, marazul said:

Runner Bean has "free" tours of the Gothic quarter. https://runnerbeantours.com/

Get your own tickets to Sagrada Familia on their website and take a taxi there.  Lots of taxis everywhere.

We also took that "free" walking tour of the Gothic Quarter.  It was one of the best free walk tours we've had in Europe and we've had a lot of them!  We were lucky I guess with our guide. 🙂

We used Barce/Spain Day Tours. They are the same. Had a lovely day. Small group.bwe went to Montserrat in the morning and a really loveliness family run winery in the afternoon. 

Another vote for Barcelona Day Tours - did the City/Montserrat tour. Was beautiful and Marta is a fabulous tour guide.  Fell in love with the architecture there.  The following day we did Sagrada Familia on our own.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 11:29 AM, erby2283 said:

Another vote for Barcelona Day Tours - did the City/Montserrat tour. Was beautiful and Marta is a fabulous tour guide.  Fell in love with the architecture there.  The following day we did Sagrada Familia on our own.

And still another vote for Barcelona Day Tours!  We did the exact same tour - and we also had Marta.  She was incredible!   (this was spring 2019).  And we did pre-booked La Sagrada the next day ahead of boarding Viking Jupiter.   So that means she must still be there through COVID times if you had her?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCWineLover said:

And still another vote for Barcelona Day Tours!  We did the exact same tour - and we also had Marta.  She was incredible!   (this was spring 2019).  And we did pre-booked La Sagrada the next day ahead of boarding Viking Jupiter.   So that means she must still be there through COVID times if you had her?

Well, we went Aug of 2019 - so hopefully she is.  I would take this tour again just to take another tour with her. She was just lovely.  She even returned some of the tip we were going to give her telling us it was too much.

One more round of thanks to all who responded.  You have all been very helpful!  We ended up booking with Runner Bean tours, but one of their private chauffeured tours.  They will pick us up at the port in a large vehicle to store luggage, conduct our tour, and drop us off at the hotel.  No additional transfers needed.  So much more reasonable than some other options we wanted to look at, and includes admission/skip-the-lines private tour of La Sagrada Familia.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Hidden Gem for great meals is the top floor of the department store El Cortes Ingles! They have various food stations where your meal is made fresh. You can also pour your own wine and beer! All this at a reasonable price with amazing view of Barcelona! The store is located at top of Las Ramblas near Plaza Cataluna 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 8:18 AM, ncgolferette said:

Try Spain Day Tours.   I believe they will pick you up at the port, hold your luggage, give a tour, and drop you at your hotel at the conclusion of the tour.  No time wasted.  They are offering this for my May arrival in Barcelona.  

Do you have a good contact info? I emailed twice & no answer. What I want to do is be picked up at the ship , quick tour & dropped off at the airport by 11:30am

12 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Do you have a good contact info? I emailed twice & no answer. What I want to do is be picked up at the ship , quick tour & dropped off at the airport by 11:30am

Hope you don't mind me chiming in. I used them in 2019 - the only email address I have for them is info@barcelonadaytours.com    All my correspondence from them came from this address.  Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. 

17 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Try this company.  It is exactly what you want.

https://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/tours.html

Edited by marazul

10 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Website says they are temporarily closed. 😞

Too bad.  Actually, if you google "Barcelona airport transfers" you will come up with a number of other companies that provide a similar service.

1 hour ago, marazul said:

Too bad.  Actually, if you google "Barcelona airport transfers" you will come up with a number of other companies that provide a similar service.

Thanks. I'm on my own & they seem expensive just for one person. I'm trying to find someone on the roll call to split cost

On 4/13/2022 at 9:25 PM, victory2020 said:

I have a cruise out of Barcelona on May 31st and have been in contact with Spain Day Tours quite frequently over the last few weeks. I just heard from them on 4/15/2022 regarding a tour I booked and every time I've sent them an email they haven't taken too long to get back to me. And I've always contacted him through their website.

They have a half day tour of Barcelona I am looking at. They hit all the high points, plus pick me up at my hotel, hold my luggage during the tour and then take me to the port.

Edited by lacroise1

5 hours ago, lacroise1 said:

I have a cruise out of Barcelona on May 31st and have been in contact with Spain Day Tours quite frequently over the last few weeks. I just heard from them on 4/15/2022 regarding a tour I booked and every time I've sent them an email they haven't taken too long to get back to me. And I've always contacted him through their website.

They have a half day tour of Barcelona I am looking at. They hit all the high points, plus pick me up at my hotel, hold my luggage during the tour and then take me to the port.

I did end up finding them & this tour! Thank you

• Like 1