How often to to call for a refund if cruise is now lower?

Caps_Shield

I would say it depends on what you consider "worth your time".  If it's worth your time to save $50 or $5 will depend on the individual.  Personally, I wouldn't spend the effort if I wasn't saving at least $50.00 but I also won't wait in line to return anything at Walmart under $20.00 while my 80 year old mother with much more free time on her hands will wait a half hour in the return line at Walmart to return a $3.00 item so it's just based on the person etc.

• Haha 1

What is my time worth?

Is my time worth sitting on hold for an hour for a $10 price drop? How about $25? What about $100?

Some people, like me, book the trip at a price I'm happy with and never look back. Some people will sit on hold for 3 hours for a $5 reduction.

It's all on the consumer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

What is my time worth?

Is my time worth sitting on hold for an hour for a $10 price drop? How about $25? What about $100?

Some people, like me, book the trip at a price I'm happy with and never look back. Some people will sit on hold for 3 hours for a $5 reduction.

It's all on the consumer.

but the question is if you have a TA or PVP. If you did you would have no need to sit on hold for 3 hours. One short phone call or email to TA or PVP and you're done.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

but the question is if you have a TA or PVP. If you did you would have no need to sit on hold for 3 hours. One short phone call or email to TA or PVP and you're done.

I still wouldn't/haven't/don't bother them. Their time has value also.

I have a TA. When I find the trip I like, I call them and they book it. I don't call them back everytime I might see a price reduction. I respect them, their time, and their profession. What, I'm going to take them away from another client so I can save $5 and they get to spend more time to receive a reduced commission? Not my style. I'll take that $5 and go buy me a Starbucks coffee and enjoy my day.

Edited by klfrodo

I call every time I see the price drop until final payment date. And then after that, I've been able to call and get a free room upgrade when the price dropped. Granted, I've never been in a situation where it's only a few dollars; if that was the case, I might wait and see if the price dropped further before calling.

Disclaimer: I don't use a TA and I don't book ES, so no price protection.