Vista Mechanical Issues

My cruise is April 2nd, I have been wondering too and flowing the Vista on Cruise Tracker. She was late to Cozumel but had no trouble getting to Belize and now almost to Mahogany Bay. I guess we’ll get a better idea tomorrow night when she begins the trip home if she is running at normal speed.

https://www.livecruiseshiptracker.com/2017/09/25/carnival-vista-cruise-ship-tracker-app-vessel-tracker-name-live-cruise-ship-positions/

Edited by LaRue1975

It's been reported numerous times that Panorama has had some issues for some time now. They are calling it a propulsion issue I guess. Maybe something similar going on with vista and vista class ships in particular? That was my first thought seeing the title of the thread since they are pretty much built the same.   

The Vista has already done a dry dock to fix the propulsion problem a few years ago, she is the first of the Vista class. The Horizon was pulled from service a couple of months ago for the same reason and is now back in service. The Panorama will eventually need the fix also, it’s just a matter of time. Hopefully the Vista has another issue that will be an easy fix, I am supposed to sail in a few weeks and they just announced we will be able to port in Grand Cayman so I  have my fingers and toes crossed! 🤞🤞🤞

We were on the previous sailing of the Vista. When we arrived to disembark in Galveston, the main gangway was broken and everyone had to disembark on level "0", just like a port stop. Took and extra 3 hours to get everyone off the boat, and assuming they also had to board the ship the same way, they were very late leaving Galveston

32 minutes ago, mschancey said:

We were on the previous sailing of the Vista. When we arrived to disembark in Galveston, the main gangway was broken and everyone had to disembark on level "0", just like a port stop. Took and extra 3 hours to get everyone off the boat, and assuming they also had to board the ship the same way, they were very late leaving Galveston

I think that may be a recurring problem. I believe @firefly333 has posted about problems in Galveston with the broken gangway.

5 minutes ago, mondello said:

I think that may be a recurring problem. I believe @firefly333 has posted about problems in Galveston with the broken gangway.

Lol you would hope by now they ordered the broken part. Yes happened to me too. We boarded in terminal 2, rcl terminal but debarked via elevator down to 0 which took longer. 

• Thanks 1

Moving 19 knots on our way back to Galveston. We actually ended up in Cozumel only about an hour and a half late. On time to all other stops. Rumor was it was an issue with navigational equipment but we all know how rumors go. The CD did announce on Cozumel morning that the issue had been fixed the night before so the captain could "put the hammer down" and that's why our announced 3 hour late arrival was only half that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1