CVS Covid test - new system?

DaveOKC

I just tried to make a reservation for a Covid test at CVS here in Oklahoma City.  Used them three months ago.

As before, only a couple of locations in the metro area offer the Rapid test.  Checked on the one we used last time and saw this - has anyone else seen this (NOT accepted for Travel) - it was not there last week when I checked:

image.png.3bb9e22d5ecc3e572571f6a4f8a086ee.png

Edited by DaveOKC

They probably added that because some Countries only accept a PCR Test and not the Rapid Antigen and may have had some confusion with Travellers.  Walgreens always had a notation on the Rapid ID Test (NAAT) that it wasn't accepted for all Travel but Cruise Lines accept it. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

They probably added that because some Countries only accept a PCR Test and not the Rapid Antigen and may have had some confusion with Travellers.  Walgreens always had a notation on the Rapid ID Test (NAAT) that it wasn't accepted for all Travel but Cruise Lines accept it. 

What concerned me was that this is new wording (even vs earlier this week).

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

What concerned me was that this is new wording (even vs earlier this week).

My confirmation for CVS says:  "Not Accepted for Most Travel".  I made my Appointments a week ago.  Interesting on the word changes and still wonder if people did the Rapid Test who were travelling where it wouldn't be accepted then complained to CVS.   As long as HAL is accepting Rapid Antigen results, I wouldn't worry about it.   

35 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Is cvs the only place to get tests done or is it the only place that’s free? I’d rather pay and have something dependable.  Seems like a huge hassle.

It is very simple, I am sorry someone made it sound difficult.  Someone mentioned in another thread that there is a reputable testing facility at the airport. The thread was in the HAL forum

40 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Is cvs the only place to get tests done or is it the only place that’s free? I’d rather pay and have something dependable.  Seems like a huge hassle.

Very easy! Walgreens is easy, too!  Walgreens Appointments can be scheduled a week out and CVS two weeks out.  Tested in SC and also tested in Florida.  

My manager has a house in Florida that she goes to every few months.  She says cvs will take your appointment, but they may or may not honour it.  That would drive me nuts.  She said she goes to urgent care and pays some amount if I remember correctly.  We can’t fly back to Canada without a covid test.

32 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Very easy! Walgreens is easy, too!  Walgreens Appointments can be scheduled a week out and CVS two weeks out.  Tested in SC and also tested in Florida.  

For Walgreens, I believe it depends on your area. As an example, here in San Diego County, our Walgreens only does PCR tests, no Rapid Antigen. While CVS does both.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

How were your test results delivered from CVS.  They sent a fact sheet and say I will need to create a my chart and get the results there.  Don't they email results?  Thanks for the help

They send a text and post in my chart.   I don't think you need my chart to open the text and get results.   But I have my chart so I can't be sure.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

How were your test results delivered from CVS.  They sent a fact sheet and say I will need to create a my chart and get the results there.  Don't they email results?  Thanks for the help

I used CVS last week for a PCR. I don’t have an account with them. They texted me a link I could download from for 5 days. I did not agree to them making the results widely available to any provider that might be taking “care” of me, so I think that might be “myChart”. (I firmly subscribe to the “minimum necessary” standard in medical records.) 😁

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Thanks 1

DW and I have 'MyChart' accounts w/ CVS, so our test results are posted there for review, printing, downloading, etc.

We receive a text from CVS letting us know when the results are available in our MyChart account.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, DaveOKC said:

Now if we could get HAL to go to three days like sister Carnival and Princess lines have!

They are three days - IF you are vaccinated AND "Up to Date" (Which means boosted)

From the HAL Travelwell "Health & Safety Guidelines for cruises departing from US Ports"

"

Proof of Negative Viral Covid-19 Test

Guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19

vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing."

On 4/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, TiogaCruiser said:

I used CVS last week for a PCR. I don’t have an account with them. They texted me a link I could download from for 5 days. I did not agree to them making the results widely available to any provider that might be taking “care” of me, so I think that might be “myChart”. (I firmly subscribe to the “minimum necessary” standard in medical records.) 😁

How long did it take you to get the results?  My fear is the results won't arrive in time.  I know it depends on demand, but I'm sure there are lots of factors which could cause delays.  CVS and Walgreens no longer to rapid antigen testing in our area.