Booked Me a Cruise on the Carnival Paradise. No Alchemy Bar?

BubbaD123

Hey guys, found me a cruise fare out of Tampa that was so good, I didn't research the ship beforehand haha! I really like the Alchemy Bar but I realized that there probably isn't one on the Paradise, unless they added one after a refurbishment. The ship was built in '98, and it's not listed on the Carnival website under 'Onboard Activities'. Then again, Carnival doesn't list every bar all of the time, it seems, so my fingers are still crossed.

Side question: Does Carnival have Cointreau, and are the bartenders at Blue Iguana willing to make a proper margarita? I just got off the Valor, and whatever mix they use for the margaritas is pretty gross. I didn't really mind since I knew I would be drinking at Alchemy later that night, but now I'm re-thinking if I should even get the Cheers package. Thanks everyone!

I have not been on Paradise so I can't say for certain. If the Paradise had Alchemy, it would be deck 9 right in front of the aft lounge. It doesn't look like that bar has been upgraded to Alchemy yet according to the deck plans. Strange.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I have not been on Paradise so I can't say for certain. If the Paradise had Alchemy, it would be deck 9 right in front of the aft lounge. It doesn't look like that bar has been upgraded to Alchemy yet according to the deck plans. Strange.

I appreciate the info! Looks like I'm out of luck. 

• 1 year later...

Waking up a dead thread.....2023 dry-dock is coming up in 2 months but I can't find any information on details.  Has anyone found out what the plans are for this upcoming Paradise dry-dock?

As the only ship without Alchemy, you would have to think this at the top of the list??  Please!!😆

14 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Waking up a dead thread.....2023 dry-dock is coming up in 2 months but I can't find any information on details.  Has anyone found out what the plans are for this upcoming Paradise dry-dock?

As the only ship without Alchemy, you would have to think this at the top of the list??  Please!!😆

We are on first sailing after the October dry dock.... I've not been able to find what is being done, but so hoping the Roderdam is upgraded to Alchemy as it was on Elation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ober134 said:

We are on first sailing after the October dry dock.... I've not been able to find what is being done, but so hoping the Roderdam is upgraded to Alchemy as it was on Elation.

Me too.  We're going in December. Talked to my PVP yesterday and he couldn't find anything yet. He said we should know what the dry dock will consist of by September.  Fingers crossed.

• 5 months later...

We are sailing on her in February 2024. From what I understand, there is still no Alchemy bar. I’m bummed because there also does not appear to be any Lyre’s non alcoholic spirits on board either.

• 2 months later...

IMO you're not missing out on no Alchemy Bar. I find the Alchemy Bar lately to be over-populated anymore. Pre-COVID, it seemed like I was the only guest and finding a seat even during peak times was not a problem. Now in 2024, everytime I walk by, it is filled with overflow.

I’ll be sailing on Paradise next month. She was my very first cruise back in 2002.  
I’ve booked an aft, extended balcony cabin and am looking forward to the relaxing views.

Any suggestions from you experienced folks as to what to see on the ship. Any favourite drinks or venues?

Thanks in advance. Happy Sails to you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I’ll be sailing on Paradise next month. She was my very first cruise back in 2002.  
I’ve booked an aft, extended balcony cabin and am looking forward to the relaxing views.

Any suggestions from you experienced folks as to what to see on the ship. Any favourite drinks or venues?

Thanks in advance. Happy Sails to you!

Paradise is the smallest ship in the fleet (along with her sister Elation), you can do everything on the ship in an afternoon.

• Like 1

Just now, mz-s said:

Paradise is the smallest ship in the fleet (along with her sister Elation), you can do everything on the ship in an afternoon.

Good thing the cruise is only 5 days, LOL.  Will be enjoying my extended balcony…hope it truly is extended and not just flowery words.

Anyone stay in one of the extended balconies on Deck 7 aft?  😊

3 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Good thing the cruise is only 5 days, LOL.  Will be enjoying my extended balcony…hope it truly is extended and not just flowery words.

Anyone stay in one of the extended balconies on Deck 7 aft?  😊

Unlike later classes, the balcony cabins are no larger than standard insides or ocean views. Originally the ship had no balconies, they were bolted on later. The balcony itself is a bit larger though.

There is plenty to do on Paradise to where you shouldn't get bored. But don't expect to find a "hidden gem" haha.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Unlike later classes, the balcony cabins are no larger than standard insides or ocean views. Originally the ship had no balconies, they were bolted on later. The balcony itself is a bit larger though.

There is plenty to do on Paradise to where you shouldn't get bored. But don't expect to find a "hidden gem" haha.

Wonder why they are called ‘extended’ view? But I think it will be nice to watch the wake and lay back and relax.  No ‘hidden gem’ expected, LOL.

15 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Wonder why they are called ‘extended’ view? But I think it will be nice to watch the wake and lay back and relax.  No ‘hidden gem’ expected, LOL.

The balconies aft balconies are a little deeper than the ones on the sides of the ship. So you have a little more room to maneuver.

31 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The balconies aft balconies are a little deeper than the ones on the sides of the ship. So you have a little more room to maneuver.

As long as it fits me in a lounger with a cool drink on my hand…that’s all that counts! 😁

Just now, ladysail2 said:

As long as it fits me in a lounger with a cool drink on my hand…that’s all that counts! 😁

I don't think it's big enough for a lounger. A sit-up chair or two, yes. But only a few balconies in the fleet are big enough for loungers.

I just watched a few videos about the ‘aft extended view’ balconies and you’re right. No loungers. Disappointing to say the least. Oh well, at least I won’t be expecting one now. Thanks for the heads-up!

On 3/26/2024 at 6:50 AM, Guest said:

IMO you're not missing out on no Alchemy Bar. I find the Alchemy Bar lately to be over-populated anymore. Pre-COVID, it seemed like I was the only guest and finding a seat even during peak times was not a problem. Now in 2024, everytime I walk by, it is filled with overflow.

Just as Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded!"

• Haha 1