Jump to content

Eclipse


ROYALBOY
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don't count on the full "Revolution" type upgrades as before the pandemic with the two month dry docks.  But some less extensive and less expensive refurbishing's have happened on some ships here and there.  Upgrading to The Retreat has been common.  And routine maintenance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All Celebrity ships typically undergo a general maintenance dry dock every 5 years of service, which can also include a full refurbishment.  Eclipse's refurbishment was originally planned for October of 2020, but with the pandemic was reset for 2021.  That being said, Eclipse underwent what is being called a "minor branding refurbishment" in March 2021, which included exterior paint and other minor upgrades.  However, she did not go into the shipyard for a major renovation.  The full refit is supposed to occur sometime after Apex was launched, but I am not aware of when or if that has been scheduled. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

All Celebrity ships typically undergo a general maintenance dry dock every 5 years of service, which can also include a full refurbishment.  Eclipse's refurbishment was originally planned for October of 2020, but with the pandemic was reset for 2021.  That being said, Eclipse underwent what is being called a "minor branding refurbishment" in March 2021, which included exterior paint and other minor upgrades.  However, she did not go into the shipyard for a major renovation.  The full refit is supposed to occur sometime after Apex was launched, but I am not aware of when or if that has been scheduled. 

Celebrity is spending its capital dollars on new ships- Beyond and Ascent.  No money for the Revolution type extensive upgrades on older ships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Celebrity is spending its capital dollars on new ships- Beyond and Ascent.  No money for the Revolution type extensive upgrades on older ships.

While finances are certainly in check until the restart reaches a more normal state of cruising, the Revolution refurbishments for the existing fleet have not been cancelled, but are being delayed.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While finances are certainly in check until the restart reaches a more normal state of cruising, the Revolution refurbishments for the existing fleet have not been cancelled, but are being delayed.

Ok delayed with no re-start date announced.  Whatever you call it- there is no money committed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Ok delayed with no re-start date announced.  Whatever you call it- there is no money committed.

Semantics, I guess.  I am only trying to clarify that the Revolution refurbishment program is still intended to continue and has not been canceled.  Could that change?  Sure.  If people don't return to cruising as in the past a whole lot could change.  But the plan is to resume the program as the cruise industry continues to return to a more pre-pandemic state.  No arguments intended.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Semantics, I guess.  I am only trying to clarify that the Revolution refurbishment program is still intended to continue and has not been canceled.  Could that change?  Sure.  If people don't return to cruising as in the past a whole lot could change.  But the plan is to resume the program as the cruise industry continues to return to a more pre-pandemic state.  No arguments intended.

Not arguing at all with your point.  Just commenting that the Revolution is on hiatus with no concrete information about it going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The app should be enabled when the Eclipse starts sailing.  That has been the case for the other ships.

I'm on the April 23rd voyage and was told Eclipse was not going to be added to the app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I'm on the April 23rd voyage and was told Eclipse was not going to be added to the app.

Who told you that?  As the other ships have come back to service they 

have have been supported by the app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Who told you that?  As the other ships have come back to service they 

have have been supported by the app.

We have to do our online check in via celebrity's website. They said the Eclipse would  be added once revolutionized. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

 In the On-line check-in says the app won't available, or a rep told you that?

 

Several reps also many on our FB group were told the same. Seems once onboard it can be used for specialty dining reservations, viewing the menus etc.  I don't understand why it can be used on-board but not for checking in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

So it will be functional on the ship, they just haven't enabled check-in.

 

Seems that way but why make useable onboard but not for check-in. So much easier for everyone. I heard the revolution most likely will be in 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Seems that way but why make useable onboard but not for check-in. So much easier for everyone. I heard the revolution most likely will be in 2023.

Maybe they had to chose what they could get done and  they decided a app that allowed you to see and compare menus, wine lists, daily events on board,  your account and communicate with others was a good trade off.  We used the app regularly on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Maybe they had to chose what they could get done and  they decided a app that allowed you to see and compare menus, wine lists, daily events on board,  your account and communicate with others was a good trade off.  We used the app regularly on board.

Somehow I think there's more to it. I would rather check in through app as in the past. Communication with others is good onboard but they have to log in to see you've sent a message. Nice to view menus though so I can plan my my meals.  Just wish they knew when we can check in.... now some days 20 days prior to sailing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

We will be sailing on the Hawaii/Vancouver trip in 2023. Anyone know if Celebrity has plans to do the update to the ship anytime before then?

 

I doubt it but the Eclipse is in wonderful condition right now.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...