HAL Surveys

Sunshineliving

I used the daily comment cards from Guest Services almost every day when I cruised in Dec. 2021 on Rotterdam. I complimented staff and got almost instant feedback from the persons I complimented. It works.

Jim

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

I used the daily comment cards from Guest Services almost every day when I cruised in Dec. 2021 on Rotterdam. I complimented staff and got almost instant feedback from the persons I complimented. It works.

Jim

Today you can use the "chat" feature of Navigator, and, believe me, you will get a response. Used it twice on our just completed KDam cruise...got immediate (within an hour) response.

• Like 3

For all of HAL's other technology deficiencies Their response to Navigator comments are great. We also had very quick acknowledgement each time we sent something. Only once was it an issue that we needed straightened out and housekeeping called within 15 minutes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Today you can use the "chat" feature of Navigator, and, believe me, you will get a response. Used it twice on our just completed KDam cruise...got immediate (within an hour) response.

This has been my experience as well. Several crew friends onboard said the navigator app feedback is the most valuable to them, even more so than the survey. One crew member actually got called away from their post and into the office to share positive feedback with him and he really appreciated it. Almost always the crew members have found me later to thank me for writing a comment for them. I love it too because rather than trying to keep track of names of everyone I can just open the app and write a quick comment as things happen. Every time I have submitted feedback there is always a voicemail on my cabin phone from one manager or another. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CruiserBruce,

I tried to use the Nav. App. on my Rotterdam cruise in Dec. 2021. I "broke" the Internet. I could not get the app to work on my brand-new Samsung/Android tablet. I tried to use the onboard computers in the Internet Center. No dice there either. Tried Guest Services to fix the problem. They could not. They called in their IT people. Still no luck. Gave up on the app. I then went to paper comment cards at Guest Relations. They worked fine.

I have that problem with ALL technology. I am a HYBRID - a cross between Neanderthal and Rip Van Winkle. When electronics work for me, I am pleasantly surprised.

Jim 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

CruiserBruce,

I tried to use the Nav. App. on my Rotterdam cruise in Dec. 2021. I "broke" the Internet. I could not get the app to work on my brand-new Samsung/Android tablet. I tried to use the onboard computers in the Internet Center. No dice there either. Tried Guest Services to fix the problem. They could not. They called in their IT people. Still no luck. Gave up on the app. I then went to paper comment cards at Guest Relations. They worked fine.

I have that problem with ALL technology. I am a HYBRID - a cross between Neanderthal and Rip Van Winkle. When electronics work for me, I am pleasantly surprised.

Jim 

Wife and I used brand new (2 months old) Samsung Androids. The app is not in its prime yet...in fact I mentioned that in my on board comments, and on the post cruise evals. But the comments section works very well.