Ruth C's new adventure

grannynurse

I spoke to Ruth last night and congratulated her on her "spur-of-the-moment" decision to sail Noordam in March.

I can't believe she broke 2 of her, what I thought, were set-in-stone rules.

Going to the Caribbean and sailing on a Vista ship.

Hey Ruth, thanks for the surprise!

I love her decision but at the same time am so jealous I could cough up a hairball.

Just goes to show you she really does have the "true Grit" she is famous for.

She is one heck of a lady and I love her dearly.

I hope she does her traditional "Happy Wanderer" thread from onboard Noordam.

YOU GO GIRL!

GN

I love her decision but at the same time am so jealous I could cough up a hairball.

LOL ... wow! I never heard it put quite that way before ... but, yeah ... I'm about that degree of jealous too. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

No surprise to me.......

That ship is so gorgeous. Once someone sees it as Ruth did on Friday night, you can't wait to cruise on her.

I tried so hard to find RuthC. We saw LizB and a number of others but I couldn't find Ruth.

It doesn't matter where that pretty ship is sailing. She is a great ship and making her the destination is plenty. If it stops at ports you like, all the better..... :) :)

I am once again posting on the HAL board since I am going on The Noordam 3/25. I love this board because of the people here.

That being said, lots of you are resistant to change. Last time I posted here in 2003 was when I sailed on The Veendam and The Zuiderdam. At that time, some of you said that if the tipping policy, dining schedules, or embarkation changed that would be it. You are all still here and I am so happy to once again converse with you.

Go on the Vistas - try them all. You may be pleasantly surprised. :D

RuthC is going to have a marvelous time and she will be the first to tell you so.

Is it the new ship - or is it Ruth is running out of pillow chocolates?

Busted. You know me too well, Ted. I'm totally out of chocolate and need to replenish my stash. :D

grannynurse, thanks for pointing out for the world to see that nothing is ever cast in stone. Yup, Vista and Caribbean in one shot. :rolleyes: Can't believe I did that.

Last Friday when I was aboard all I could think of was "I want to be on a cruise!", so when longtimecruiser said "com'on" I didn't even engage my brain before agreeing. I'll have a real good time 'cause that's what I do.

I am toying with the idea of a Happy Wanderer thread; do you really want one? IfI do one I'll probably focus on the ship, as that's the part I'm going to enjoy. The ports have been posted to death anyway and the ship is brand-spanking new.

So, we'll see. ;) We'll see. :)

And here I thought you were 3 of the 7 "C"'s, Tom! :rolleyes:

Way to go Ruth! You certainly do ruin the stereotype of the typical inhabitant of Little Rhody - you know, those who think a trip to Westerly is an over-nighter!

Have a great cruise and do post and tell us all about the ship.

Not only is she not my wife, but our marriage would not last, as we sleep in separate beds several states apart, have only met three times, have no romantic ties and --as many public figures do-- I have never announced my marital status or possibility of children in public. If there are any of the latter, they sure ain't from Ruthie, and I assure you that she would be the first to know.

Yeah, I know. But the pangs of hunger, the rush of prepping my show and a cat staring at me from the window sill 12 inches away ... you know what that does to your judgement.

A box of the purest chocolates headed your way. Is fifty pounds sufficient to repair the damage?

Ruth corrected you in public. At least the one time I had the temerity to try the dreaded "-ie" She graciously responded with a private email. ....and I've never done it again and never will.

Ruth; sorry that I outed you, hope you didn't mind too much. I thought you could use a back-pat and I wanted to give you one.

GN

Ruth corrected you in public.
That's 'cuz she knows she can get away with it! :p She's probably gloating in private that she will be taking a trip on the Noordam before I do ["Gloat, gloat, gloat," says Ruth C, "with a side order of "Nyah, nyah, nyah thrown in for good measure."]. I take it in stride, knowing that my cruise may last one day longer than hers.

gloat.

granny, I'm happy that you started this thread; I'm having a fun day with it.

tomc, I'm sorry I took you to task in public. I'll send you a shipload of tea to make up for it.

For those of you keeping score: it's RuthC---50 lbs of chocolate; tomc---shipload of tea.

Who's ahead?

Busted. You know me too well, Ted. I'm totally out of chocolate and need to replenish my stash. :D

LOL ... then we definitely have to take a cruise together someday. On the 30-day Amsterdam itinerary, I GAVE all my pillow chocolates away to JudyAl. You'd love me. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived