Premium Plus beverage package questions

Janieee

Hi! Thinking about upgrading to the premium plus beverage package. A few questions.

1. Is there a limit to how many Starbucks drinks one can order at once? Is it two like other beverages? And is there a limit per day on total Starbucks drinks?

2. How many bottles of wine can we order with dinner? Is there a limit?

3. If there is leftover wine in the bottle during dinner service can we bring the rest back to our room?

4. Can we get full bottles of wine delivered to our non-Haven suite (without cost)?

14 minutes ago, Janieee said:

If there is leftover wine in the bottle during dinner service can we bring the rest back to our room? YES!

Can we get full bottles of wine delivered to our non-Haven suite (without cost)? 

NO, you will pay @ 40% discount!

Drink packages do not include Starbucks.  See terms:  

Norwegian Cruise Line's Premium Beverage Package (formerly known as the Ultimate Beverage Package) includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board. The Premium Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, specialty Starbucks locations, Coco’s, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per person per transaction.

Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Premium Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings, that are two (2) days or less, Pride of America or Harvest Caye. A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day. Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

OP's question was about THE PPBP, not the PBP!

THE PREMIUM PLUS Package includes many more options than the "Premium Beverage Package". 

With the PREMIUM PLUS, I would not expect to be able order more than one Starbucks item at a time (per room card w/PPBP designated)!

I believe that each PPBP holder may order one bottle of wine (per request)!

Finish the bottle and request another.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Norwegian Cruise Line's Premium Beverage Package (formerly known as the Ultimate Beverage Package) includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and Great Stirrup Cay.

A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board. The Premium Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffee beverages, specialty Starbucks locations, Coco’s, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per person per transaction.

Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Premium Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings, that are two (2) days or less, Pride of America or Harvest Caye. A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day. Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

You're referring to the wrong package. This is the "basic" one. OP is inquiring about the Premium PLUS.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Janieee said:

Hi! Thinking about upgrading to the premium plus beverage package. A few questions.

1. Is there a limit to how many Starbucks drinks one can order at once? Is it two like other beverages? And is there a limit per day on total Starbucks drinks?

2. How many bottles of wine can we order with dinner? Is there a limit?

3. If there is leftover wine in the bottle during dinner service can we bring the rest back to our room?

4. Can we get full bottles of wine delivered to our non-Haven suite (without cost)?

1.  You can get up to two Starbucks on the Premium Plus package. per T&C ("Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction")

2.  Each PPBP gets one bottle of wine with dinner. You do not have to finish the bottle to get the next. 

3. You can cork any left over wine and bring back to your room and then still get the 2nd bottle.  We've done this....Start with Champagne and move on to a still wine with the main course without finishing the bubbles first.  Use the left over for nightcap or Mimosas the next morning🙂

4.  No...Also, per the T&C of the Plus package, Room service is not included.  

Here is the link to the Premium Plus Package with the T&C at the bottom:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

We love the package and will be enjoying the benefits at the end of the month!  Woohoo!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

1.  You can get up to two Starbucks on the Premium Plus package. per T&C ("Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction")

2.  Each PPBP gets one bottle of wine with dinner. You do not have to finish the bottle to get the next. 

3. You can cork any left over wine and bring back to your room and then still get the 2nd bottle.  We've done this....Start with Champagne and move on to a still wine with the main course without finishing the bubbles first.  Use the left over for nightcap or Mimosas the next morning🙂

4.  No...Also, per the T&C of the Plus package, Room service is not included.  

Here is the link to the Premium Plus Package with the T&C at the bottom:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

We love the package and will be enjoying the benefits at the end of the month!  Woohoo!

I always love the person in the know. Few additional questions.

We plan to get Veuve rose by the glass at Le Bistro. Checked the last menu and it was listed at 38.95 a glass. So as I understand it we would pay the 3.95 plus 20% for each glass?

Also we would want to drink that as well as order 2 bottles with intention of taking them to the room for adult reasons. Can we order drinks and order our bottles as well? - I realize they will open them there.

Also on other days can we get a bottle during lunch or better yet breakfast. Or only dinner?

Thank you ahead of time. This is our first time on NCL and only or second cruise.

11 hours ago, raschueller said:

I always love the person in the know. Few additional questions.

We plan to get Veuve rose by the glass at Le Bistro. Checked the last menu and it was listed at 38.95 a glass. So as I understand it we would pay the 3.95 plus 20% for each glass?

Also we would want to drink that as well as order 2 bottles with intention of taking them to the room for adult reasons. Can we order drinks and order our bottles as well? - I realize they will open them there.

Also on other days can we get a bottle during lunch or better yet breakfast. Or only dinner?

Thank you ahead of time. This is our first time on NCL and only or second cruise.

Is the 20% on the $3.95 overage or the original price of $38.95?

12 hours ago, raschueller said:

Everyone should open and read (re-read) NCL's ONLINE terms and conditions!  

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

*** The "flyer" information posted above seems to be out-of-date.  Therefore it is especially important to note that NCL has recently changed the T&C's!!!

(The terms NO LONGER mentio BOTTLES, except "Non-select" with 40% discount, plus 20% gratuities )

- partial info below -

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.

Includes all beverages by the glass. Beverage selection is subject to change onboard.

Includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (flat and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, wine dispensers, and specialty coffee.

For non-select bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights, guest will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board.

Does not include: Room service, mini bar purchases, vending machines, or pre-cruise wine bottle purchases.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Package can be used in onboard restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

Offer is not applicable on Harvest Caye, nor sailings that are two (2) days or less.

A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added notes
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

Wondering if we purchased the Premium Plus package before the new rules, if the old regulations apply?

Time will tell!  NCL is trying to find "financial balance" (notice their Meal Package re-pricing and so on).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

Wondering if we purchased the Premium Plus package before the new rules, if the old regulations apply?

That is a fair question!

However, I feel that the package will include (or not include) whatever NCL decides to control at any given time.  Some cost-cutting measures have been taken with food department, so it would be logical that they would apply similar cost cutting measures in the beverage department.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Always Cruising said:

I think the confusion is a misplaced comma and lack of a transitional word in the description above. Here is the current flier and the current description.

Current description on the page:

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

premium-plus-beverage-package-2021v2 (1).pdf

• Like 2

Apparently I was wrong. For some reason (do not know why) I thought they had a 35 dollar limit. I was wrong.

The other issue that popped up (follow thread back in time) was that the description on one of the pages made it unclear whether you could  order bottles of wine. 

Again the answer is you can. There was a long chain back that got us here. Still wondering where I got the 35 dollars from.

Edited by raschueller
  • Like 2

I hope I'm posing this in the correct place, but I have a question about PPDP for anyone who has used it it. I saw a drink menu for cellars online that had stars next to wines that you could get by the bottle with PPDP. I was under the impression that you could only get bottles while you were eating, but The Cellar doesn't serve dinner. Can you still get the "starred" bottles, even if you aren't eating? Maybe have a glass midday and take the rest back to your room to finish later? Can you get a bottle of champagne, take the rest to your room and come back and get a bottle of wine? Just curious how that works. Would love to have a glass on my balcony at night to unwind and maybe order some juice in the morning for a mimosa (will bring wine and champagne stoppers, of course).

On 3/18/2022 at 10:40 AM, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

This must be new, about Starbucks! Two years ago Starbucks was included. How disappointing--for the cost of the upgrade you can't get a cappuccino every day! Ridiculous. 😞

7 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

This must be new, about Starbucks! Two years ago Starbucks was included. How disappointing--for the cost of the upgrade you can't get a cappuccino every day! Ridiculous. 😞

The Premium Package does not include Starbucks, but the Premium Plus Package does.  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dadecitycruiser said:

do they not sell mimosas in the buffet during breakfast and if so have upgraded champagne for PPB card holders? If not can you go to the dining room for breakfast and order a glass of oj and a glass of the best champagne and mix your own?

DCC

The answer is yes if you have the Plus Program.  The breakfast in the MDR is also really good.  On the topic of Mimosas and please forgive me, I mean no offense.  Why take a lovely and I mean Lovely glass of French Champagne that actually costs $35 a glass and mix it with OJ.  Just have the Champagne, it is SO very good.  Back on topic, there is a very nice bottle of French Champagne that you can get which is one of the selected wines on the Plus Program.  Get the bottle and order some OJ.  Your call. 

I ordered that love bottle on Thursday night at the Teppanyaki Restaurant and had them bring eight glasses.  I made a lot of friends that night, LOL I was cruising solo. I hope I helped you with your questions.  

Cruise well

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, SaltyMimi said:

Are all wines by the glass included in the Premium Plus beverage plan or just the ones listed on the PDF list on the NCL site?

There is always an exception to the rule but for the most cases, all by the glass wines are included.  Some spirits by the glass like Louis is not. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Thanks 1