Covid testing in Boston for Bermuda cruise on NCL pearl

Artcricket

3 hours ago, Denmar828 said:

So what if we just ignore all this waste of time and money, can we just stay on the ship? I’m not really that excited about a six hour port visit anyway.

You're required to meet all of Bermuda's entry requirements even if you're not getting off the ship.  You're in Bermuda the moment your ship enters its territorial waters. 

• Like 3

Thank you all for the information. I called the number listed on Bermudas official website for Covid questions and that’s where I got 2 different answers. I guess - since there are 8 of us - all fully vaccinated and boosted - except my grandson who will just turn 7 before we said - that doing the tests that you log on to have someone administer will be the best option. Hopefully an iPad will work. I have also noted in previous posts that some have gotten faulty test kits. Good to know. With 8 of us there are options of someone coming to the room to administer the tests. $250 a person. I have had to move this cruise 4 times due to Covid. We are using this time to celebrate my husband, their dad and Grandpa and will be in the 3 bed Garden Villa in the Haven. I’ve saved a long time to do this - I’m a retired high school art teacher - and this whole timing with NCL and Bermuda is sucking some of the excitement out of the trip. Everyone can be on pins and needles waiting for their results. One positive and no one goes. 

I was told by Bermuda you don’t get on the ship without Bermuda authorization. Anyone see the problem with CVS and Walgreens. As far as I know - at least where I live - tests only done at drive up window. 8 people with no cars. Don’t know - even if we asked an Urber driver - if you can make appoints by by X amount of people per car. 
Anyone ordered testing kits that NCL has on their site have a problem. Not sure if there is a # to call to ask proctoring company if we can log on once and have 8 people test. I have written down the requirements needed on the returned paperwork. Do these zoom appointments get results and paperwork back quickly? 

49 minutes ago, Artcricket said:

Thank you all for the information. I called the number listed on Bermudas official website for Covid questions and that’s where I got 2 different answers. I guess - since there are 8 of us - all fully vaccinated and boosted - except my grandson who will just turn 7 before we said - that doing the tests that you log on to have someone administer will be the best option. Hopefully an iPad will work. I have also noted in previous posts that some have gotten faulty test kits. Good to know. With 8 of us there are options of someone coming to the room to administer the tests. $250 a person. I have had to move this cruise 4 times due to Covid. We are using this time to celebrate my husband, their dad and Grandpa and will be in the 3 bed Garden Villa in the Haven. I’ve saved a long time to do this - I’m a retired high school art teacher - and this whole timing with NCL and Bermuda is sucking some of the excitement out of the trip. Everyone can be on pins and needles waiting for their results. One positive and no one goes. 

I was told by Bermuda you don’t get on the ship without Bermuda authorization. Anyone see the problem with CVS and Walgreens. As far as I know - at least where I live - tests only done at drive up window. 8 people with no cars. Don’t know - even if we asked an Urber driver - if you can make appoints by by X amount of people per car. 
Anyone ordered testing kits that NCL has on their site have a problem. Not sure if there is a # to call to ask proctoring company if we can log on once and have 8 people test. I have written down the requirements needed on the returned paperwork. Do these zoom appointments get results and paperwork back quickly? 

I offered you two locations that are easy to get to in Boston, and neither require cars. I live in the city and do not drive and have had dozens of covid tests over the past 2+ years. I'm not sure if you're ignoring my advice or being willfully obtuse but there are easy ways for you to do this testing while you are in Boston. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artcricket said:

Ordered tests on a Monday. Arrived Wednesday. (E-med). You'll need to register each person ahead of time on the app ( E-meds app is called Navica) .This is assuming, of course , that you use E-med. There are others to choose from. When you register, make sure all names, numbers, addresses, Jrs./Srs.etc. are input correctly. Proctor/supervisor cannot change any info.

Day of testing you simply log into the app and click on the "I'm here to do a test section". They will set up a Zoom connection. A proctor/supervisor will then come on. You can do all 8 tests at the same sitting. Each one takes 10-15 minutes. At the end of each test, each person will get an e-mail with their personal identifying info and the test results.

As Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank would say: You now have multiple choices on the table. What are you going to do? Good luck!

Thank you so much Cruiserbear55 for the information and instructions on how to do this from our hotel room. 

And to OrangeCatRamblers - I guess your response reinforces why I’m not on any Social Media platforms. As I stated - where I live you  

can not go into Walgreens or CVS to take Covid tests. You must use the drive up window. So - you could have explained that in Boston you can go inside rather than stating I’m obtuse. Or - you must walk up to the drive up window to take your test.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make the best decision for our group. We are very excited to make our first trip to Boston!

46 minutes ago, Artcricket said:

Thank you so much Cruiserbear55 for the information and instructions on how to do this from our hotel room. 

And to OrangeCatRamblers - I guess your response reinforces why I’m not on any Social Media platforms. As I stated - where I live you  

can not go into Walgreens or CVS to take Covid tests. You must use the drive up window. So - you could have explained that in Boston you can go inside rather than stating I’m obtuse. Or - you must walk up to the drive up window to take your test.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make the best decision for our group. We are very excited to make our first trip to Boston!

I had mentioned that Same Day Health is on Newbury Street, accessible via the Green line, and the Walgreens at 24 School St is directly on the Freedom Trail. 

Can you take Covid tests INSIDE at Walgreens or CVS in Boston? How long to get results?

AFAIK you can't take COVID tests inside Walgreens or CVS anywhere. Remember that the majority of people coming in for COVID testing are doing so because they're concerned they may be infected as they have been exposed to a COVID case or have symptoms. The drugstore chains do not want these people inside their stores where they can potentially infect others.

• Like 1

That’s what I thought and couldn’t understand someone else’s response that they live in Boston and don’t have a car and have gone to Walgreens many times to take Covid test. Best option at this point in time seems to order from which ever supplier NCL has listed and bring the tests with us and schedule appointments for the 8 of us to take via Zoom type proctor session. Hopefully short turn around time. We will fill out Bermuda Authorization paperwork before leaving home and upload it to Bermuda so test results and Covid vaccination cards can be added when in Boston. 

Thank you for the clarification. 

That’s what I thought and couldn’t understand someone else’s response that they live in Boston and don’t have a car and have gone to Walgreens many times to take Covid test. Best option at this point in time seems to order from which ever supplier NCL has listed and bring the tests with us and schedule appointments for the 8 of us to take via Zoom type proctor session. Hopefully short turn around time. We will fill out Bermuda Authorization paperwork before leaving home and upload it to Bermuda so test results and Covid vaccination cards can be added when in Boston. 

Thank you for the clarification. 

We have used the at home proctored tests for our last cruise and plan on using them again for our Boston to Bermuda cruise next month.

Even though we only live an hour from Boston I like having control over the test and the very fast results that they send via email. 

You had asked about logging in just once and having 8 people take the test. 
No you can’t do that. Each person in your party needs to create a profile with a login and then each person needs to login individually and follow the prompts from the tech. 

We used our IPhones when we did ours. For some reason my IPad didn’t work. 

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

We have used the at home proctored tests for our last cruise and plan on using them again for our Boston to Bermuda cruise next month.

Even though we only live an hour from Boston I like having control over the test and the very fast results that they send via email. 

You had asked about logging in just once and having 8 people take the test. 
No you can’t do that. Each person in your party needs to create a profile with a login and then each person needs to login individually and follow the prompts from the tech. 

We used our IPhones when we did ours. For some reason my IPad didn’t work. 

My husband and I are both registered under one email. I just logged in and added both registrations to the single email and the appointment time I got says that it is for two guests and two tests so I am not sure they all need separate appointments. It is very confusing and there seems to be little to no direction about what to do a lot of times with the testing. I also received expired kits and called and was told that they are still ok. I am hoping so because if this doesn't work out the only place that I can go is Expresstests in Attleboro, MA and pay the $99 each to try and get another test. 

Thank you both this is helpful information. You can see - with 8 of us - how stressful this all becomes. I know this is because of Bermudas requirements but I wish NCL - or the cruise industry in general - would have worked together to have an easier way for their guests to get all this accomplished. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

My husband and I are both registered under one email. I just logged in and added both registrations to the single email and the appointment time I got says that it is for two guests and two tests so I am not sure they all need separate appointments. It is very confusing and there seems to be little to no direction about what to do a lot of times with the testing. I also received expired kits and called and was told that they are still ok. I am hoping so because if this doesn't work out the only place that I can go is Expresstests in Attleboro, MA and pay the $99 each to try and get another test. 

That’s interesting. Are you using the Abbott Binax now ag card test? 
We did and then we used the Navica app to do our tests and didn’t need to make an appt.
We just logged in and within a couple of minutes the tech came on and we did the test. 

4 minutes ago, Artcricket said:

Thank you both this is helpful information. You can see - with 8 of us - how stressful this all becomes. I know this is because of Bermudas requirements but I wish NCL - or the cruise industry in general - would have worked together to have an easier way for their guests to get all this accomplished. 

It’s very stressful I can’t even imagine having to organize it for 8 people.

We are taking out 8 yr old grandson with us on this next one but he will need a pcr test 3 days before because he won’t be fully vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, BlushPell said:

You can also try Same Day Health or one of the city's free walk in sites. Why go to Attleboro? The Anna Cole site is completely free, walk in, and results in under 48 hours. WELL under, I've had results in 16 hours. It's in Jamaica Plain, convenient to the Green and Orange lines. Additionally the city has free walk-in testing at 3 Center Plaza, right at the Government center t station.  

Screenshot_20220322-185633_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, BlushPell said:

@OrangeCatRamblers because I live in Southern RI. It's quicker to actually go to Attleboro than Boston for me. Thanks for the recommendations though appreciate it!

You're very lucky, one of my favorite summer destinations is Blount's in Warren.  And the bike path! It's such a beautiful area. 

I think posting lots of free walk-in PCR options is helpful to those who are feeling overwhelmed by the testing requirements.  I certainly was very appreciative when another poster shared that there's an easy walk-up testing van right in Times Square! Such good info for those leaving from NY. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlushPell said:

Bermuda requires a supervised at home test.  This is done online - and one of the things they check is expiration dates.  Im sure you will get a correct reading; just not sure it will be accepted. 

For all those sweating the tests.  Make a free appointment on Wednesday for a PCR test through project beacon.   Notable locations are New Bedford revere Framingham and a few others.  You will have to wait until a week before cruise but it will still be available.  If not, there are plenty of payfortests available instantly. 

8 hours ago, Artcricket said:

Thanks for all the information. Biggest problem of course is turn around time to get the Bermuda Authorization negative results uploaded and sent so you get the “Clear” to board back from them. 

I am sailing Boston to Bermuda on Monday, April 4th.  I plan to be tested on Saturday, April 2nd and was nervous about the approval time given the weekend.  I emailed the Bermuda Travel Authorization Authority and they said that it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1