New 3 day Covid test requirement not being honored at embarkation?

DaveOKC

3 hours ago, rtdiva said:

Pretend you tested positive, no cruise insurance. Does HAL refund your payments? 

My guess is that in making the claim for a FCC, you'd have to submit proof that you tested negative. I can't imagine that would just allow one to claim they tested positive without checking. However, it would be harder to confirm that you were potentially exposed to someone who had Covid or might be suspected of having Covid.

Just wanted to report that I checked in at San Diego today with covid test done 3 days ago (at Heathrow airport on Thursday 0750, which was 0050 California time). Absolutely no problem. Vax certificate checked first which shows booster, then test certificate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Just wanted to report that I checked in at San Diego today with covid test done 3 days ago (at Heathrow airport on Thursday 0750, which was 0050 California time). Absolutely no problem. Vax certificate checked first which shows booster, then test certificate.

That's good to hear! Which ship did you check in to? I wasn't aware that any HAL ships sailed out of San  Diego today (3/27).

2 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

That's good to hear! Which ship did you check in to? I wasn't aware that any HAL ships sailed out of San  Diego today (3/27).

Never mind, I just check the San Diego port schedule...  Koningsdam. I can see her leaving port now on the San Diego harbor webcam. 😁

March 27; Fort Lauderdale; HAL Nieuw Statendam S. Carib Cruise

Took rapid Antigen test Thursday morning (for a Sunday departure) at a CVS in Maryland.  Asked for hard copies of our negative test results which we were given 30 minutes after our test.  I saw no reason to be messing around with my phone. 

Didn't even bother to mess around with Verifly.

Got to the terminal around 11:30; our check in time was noon.

Walked right into the terminal - no lines.

Went through security - no lines

Walked over to one of several health checkin stations for vax card check and test result check.  Took about 1 minute if that.

Walked right onto the ship.  Slight backup at the ship to enter.

Granted, we were told there were only 936 passengers on this trip so that certainly made a difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have read and re-read all about the testing and have found it all quite stressful. Don't want any problems. Thank you Bethany Beach for the reassuring post. I am also heading to CVS (for testing) for cruise next week. Thanks!

I should have added that I decided to take the Covid test Thursday morning because we were leaving to drive to the Philly airport Thursday afternoon for an early morning flight to FLL on Friday morning.  I didn't want to test in FLL, find out we are positive, then have to figure out what to do in FLL.  Turns out that our Friday morning flight was cancelled (not due to weather so I have no idea why) but I got us on a flight that night that left at 8.  Didn't arrive in FLL until around 11:30 pm.  So, having the negative test results before we left really reduced my stress level.  

The CVS close to our house (we now live in Maryland) would only take appointments through the CVS website.  The rapid antigen test appointment availability was only opened after midnight for the next day.  I checked the second box on the questions asked and was able to get test for free (with insurance).  If I didn't check the second box, I couldn't even get a test opening to appear.  

• Like 1

Bethany Beach, I think you might mean that if you check on CVS at say 12:15 a.m., after might, you can get appointments for THAT day???  We can't count on any locations having appts for more than that very day.  That's the way it's working for most locations in our Central Texas area--same day testing.  It is an ever-changing booking schedule, though.

Edited by 12cruise2

I was told by the in store staff to check after midnight for that day.  I got up at 6 am on Thursday morning and appointments for that morning appeared.  Those same appointments were not showing Wednesday night at 10 pm when I went to bed.