New 3 day Covid test requirement not being honored at embarkation?

DaveOKC

On 3/21/2022 at 8:28 AM, DaveOKC said:

Yes, Koningsdam.  I really hope someone can clarify the situation soon as I need to make testing reservations.

Make your reservations IAW HAL current policy: 3 days prior for vaxed & boosted; 2 days prior for vaxed but not yet boosted. And don't fret about it, that's what we plan to do. 🙂

34 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Make your reservations IAW HAL current policy: 3 days prior for vaxed & boosted; 2 days prior for vaxed but not yet boosted. And don't fret about it, that's what we plan to do. 🙂

I agree, but I like to have everything buttoned down.  I do not like having to hassle when boarding - I want to just walk on, not worry about it.

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I can't imagine why anyone would opt for a PCR.  Hal has never required it to my knowledge, at least not since Nov 2021.  The antigen is way cheaper and quicker.

There's less risk of a false positive with a PCR test than with an antigen test. On our January NCL cruise where they were testing passengers at the pier (so convenient), if you ended up testing positive they followed up with a PCR test to verify the results before denying boarding to you.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, LindaJ+ said:

I don't really want to travel with my ORIGINAL covid vax card ... don't want to lose it!  I carry a laminated copy.   If we do the Verifly thing, will that mean we won't need our originals? 

Screenshot_20220320-180906_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Do you travel with your original passport?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

Yes it is! I watched the video a couple of times and one of the women out there on CC told how she did it on her phone.

I bought 6 of the tests and I might as well use them. Plan B is the pick up window at Walgreens. Yuk!

I did a dry run yesterday at Walgreens.  Easy peasy!  My appointment was for 3pm and I was done by 3:15.  Results in two hours (negative).  Will now schedule another test for 2 days before we cruise on 4/8.  No charge, just required my driver's license for ID.

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

Yes it is! I watched the video a couple of times and one of the women out there on CC told how she did it on her phone.

I bought 6 of the tests and I might as well use them. Plan B is the pick up window at Walgreens. Yuk!

I did a dry run yesterday at Walgreens.  Easy peasy!  My appointment was for 3pm and I was done by 3:15.  Results in two hours (negative).  Will now schedule another test for 2 days before we cruise on 4/8.  No charge, just required my driver's license for ID.

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

For our Panama Canal cruise last October, I did the Abbott at-home tests which were also easy, but I had to buy 6 tests for $150!!!  This was much cheaper, LOL.

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

For our Panama Canal cruise last October, I did the Abbott at-home tests which were also easy, but I had to buy 6 tests for $150!!!  This was much cheaper, LOL.

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

7 hours ago, aa7yy said:

1 hour ago, Skipper's Mom said:

Thanks.... we got it the first time!  Lol.. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, KroozNut said:

I was going to say that it was so easy that it needed to said 10 times. In all seriousness, I have had this glitch occur to me on CC especially when using a mobile device as the reply sometimes lags.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

PCR is a more sensitive test.  The antigen tests are more likely to have false negative if recently exposed.   PCR can show up positive months after recovering from an actual infection.

If you are showing symptoms or have been exposed, and a rapid antigen shows negative, the advice was to isolate and repeat the test in a few days to be sure.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I can't imagine why anyone would opt for a PCR.  Hal has never required it to my knowledge, at least not since Nov 2021.  The antigen is way cheaper and quicker.

Some places,. like many local CVS around here, are no longer offering antigen tests, only PCR.

Some of us have no choice but to book that test two days before sailing.  

Believe me, I'd much rather have the antigen test.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Some places,. like many local CVS around here, are no longer offering antigen tests, only PCR.

Some of us have no choice but to book that test two days before sailing.  

Believe me, I'd much rather have the antigen test.   

That is crazy.  When Canadians were getting off ships around a month or so ago Princess was not administering tests for onward travel because there was a “worldwide shortage” of pcr tests.  At that time I paid to have one at home just for my own information, not for travel.  That worldwide shortage sure disappeared fast 😛.  This is the first time I’ve heard this.  Is cvs the only place to get these tests? I live in a large city so many places to go.  I do realize that is not the case for everyone.Thanks for the information.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

9 hours ago, KroozNut said:

OMG!  I don't know what happened, lol!  So sorry for the duplicate posts.  That's never happened before.  😳

I know that I seemed to be having trouble with CC yesterday not cooperating with me and I kept hitting the submit button.  I apologize.

Edited by Skipper's Mom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Skipper's Mom said:

Do you travel with your original passport?

Yes, I guess that is required.  Also carry a laminated copy of the main page in case it needs emergency replacement.

For everything around here, a copy is accepted or a picture on your phone.

Edited by LindaJ+

Just received this from HAL regarding our upcoming cruise - NOTE the last sentence about 2 days!

IMPORTANT ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR YOUR CRUISE - The mandatory Health Questionnaire is now available on the Navigator app.  Every guest must complete this questionnaire. If you have not already done so, please also complete the other mandatory Online Guest Check-In items. These MUST be completed by each person at least 24 hours in advance of embarkation. - All guests must present original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two days of embarkation.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Just received this from HAL regarding our upcoming cruise - NOTE the last sentence about 2 days!

IMPORTANT ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR YOUR CRUISE - The mandatory Health Questionnaire is now available on the Navigator app.  Every guest must complete this questionnaire. If you have not already done so, please also complete the other mandatory Online Guest Check-In items. These MUST be completed by each person at least 24 hours in advance of embarkation. - All guests must present original proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two days of embarkation.

I will be calling them today, because this is in direct conflict with the updated (3/14) guidelines on their site saying that fully vaccinated and boosted guests can have their tests done within 3 days of embarkation.

My "Yuk" on the Walgreens version is because you are in the line for the Drive up Pick up window. Sat there for 25 minutes because the car in front was doing Covid tests. While you are doing the Covid test do not look in your rear view mirror.

So you don't like the looks of the drive in line so you go inside. Long line of people doing paper work for vaccinations.

Just doesn't seem like the right way to be handling it.

Scheduled two tests for three days out. Verifly says two days out. HAL says 3 is good if you are boosted. Have the at home for 2 days out as backup.

A continuing adventure!

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Yeah, not only that but...if you are using the Verifly app, it's back to the old "within 48 hours of sailing" crap.  Seeya on Kdam in a couple of days.

• Like 1