Wonder of the Seas - how to tell if bed by balcony or bathroom?

On 3/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Is there an existing thread on this topic or does anyone know how to tell if the bed is by the balcony or by the bathroom on Wonder of the Seas?

Should be the same pattern as the rest of O class - find a set of connecting cabins and the left cabin has bed by bath and right by the balcony - the pattern repeats down the deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Should be the same pattern as the rest of O class - find a set of connecting cabins and the left cabin has bed by bath and right by the balcony - the pattern repeats down the deck.

What is considered “the left cabin”?

On 3/22/2022 at 4:01 PM, Biker19 said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

This doesn't seem to work out for me on deck 14 for the Junior suites 226 through 250 where some of the numbers are skipped.  Counting up (going aft) from 14-186 / 14-188 comes out different than counting down (going forward) from 14-282/14-284

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

This doesn't seem to work out for me on deck 14 for the Junior suites 226 through 250 where some of the numbers are skipped.  Counting up (going aft) from 14-186 / 14-188 comes out different than counting down (going forward) from 14-282/14-284

The pattern only applies to balcony cabins not Junior suites..  Find a connecting pair closest to your cabin and follow the pattern from there. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The pattern only applies to balcony cabins not Junior suites..  Find a connecting pair closest to your cabin and follow the pattern from there. 

Thanks.  I didn't realize the pattern changed when it got to Junior Suites.  That clears it up.  Is there a way to determine JS's?

Look at 14-176.  It's between two sets of connecting rooms.  If you go by 178/180, 180 (on the right)  should have the bed by the balcony - so 176 would have the bed by the bathroom.

But if you go by 172/174 ,  174 (on the left) should have the bed by the bathroom - so 176 would have the bed by the balcony.  This seem to be a common problem trying to figure bed placement on this ship.

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Look at 14-176.  It's between two sets of connecting rooms.  If you go by 178/180, 180 (on the right)  should have the bed by the balcony - so 176 would have the bed by the bathroom.

But if you go by 172/174 ,  174 (on the left) should have the bed by the bathroom - so 176 would have the bed by the balcony.  This seem to be a common problem trying to figure bed placement on this ship.

You can't use 172/174 as 174 is an accessible room.  You can only use standard rooms

image.thumb.png.9833bedac6f81507808259d1d7dab9a1.png

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can't use 172/174 as 174 is an accessible room.  You can only use standard rooms

image.thumb.png.9833bedac6f81507808259d1d7dab9a1.png

Well Assuming Deck 14 is the same as Deck 10  I know 10162 bed is by the bathroom (our cabin 2 weeks ago and again in January 2024. So the pattern bath/balcony would confirm 14176 is balcony

On 3/20/2022 at 7:44 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Is there an existing thread on this topic or does anyone know how to tell if the bed is by the balcony or by the bathroom on Wonder of the Seas?

I was told, FWIW, that cabins with 3 person occupancy have the bed by the windows and the 4 person cabins have the bed by the bathroom.  The size of the sofa bed when pulled out for 2 persons is the deciding factor.

Please don't kill me for asking here, but I have this same question right now for MSC Seascape. I've asked multiple times on the MSC boards how to figure out if the bed is by the balcony or the bathroom. Cruisers on those threads don't know. And employees at MSC Customer Service dont know. We really want a balcony cabin on Deck 11 or 12 near the middle heading towards the back that has the bed by the bathroom. I've looked at deck plans and can't figure out a pattern. The ship is new so there isn't a lot out there, but I've looked at several YouTube videos, but can't figure out the pattern. And the deck plans on that site most people refer you to isn't really updated to be specific for Seascape  Agh. I'm so glad that I know how to figure it out on Royals Oasis ships. But, I don't really want to roll the dice on my Seascape cabin selection though. Ugh. Anyone know or have any tips for how I can figure it out?  Again, i know this is a Royal forum. I also know that many of you are seasoned cruisers and may cruise with other lines also. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, blueslily said:

The ship is new so there isn't a lot out there, but I've looked at several YouTube videos, but can't figure out the pattern.

Look to see if there’s a pattern at all - there might not be a simple one like on RCI. Use pics/videos of various cabins - also look at similar ships. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Look to see if there’s a pattern at all - there might not be a simple one like on RCI. Use pics/videos of various cabins - also look at similar ships. 

Thanks Biker! I will spend some time looking at videos for MSC Seashore which is the newest sister ship for the Seascape. They are nearly identical and there should be a lot more videos of cabins for that ship. Prices are steadily increasing for the sailing we want, so I need to figure this pattern out ASAP.  Thanks so much! 

10 hours ago, blueslily said:

Thanks Biker! I will spend some time looking at videos for MSC Seashore which is the newest sister ship for the Seascape. They are nearly identical and there should be a lot more videos of cabins for that ship. Prices are steadily increasing for the sailing we want, so I need to figure this pattern out ASAP.  Thanks so much! 

We just booked our first MSC Seascape for next year...it's so damn cheap, I couldn't resist! But yeah it's so new, it's hard to get much info. Even the cruise room website I use has a break down of every set up on Oasis, but not on Wonder, But I'd assume thats the same. 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We just booked our first MSC Seascape for next year...it's so damn cheap, I couldn't resist! But yeah it's so new, it's hard to get much info. Even the cruise room website I use has a break down of every set up on Oasis, but not on Wonder, But I'd assume thats the same. 

Ok. I'm looking at Caribbean sailings up through Feb 2024. Which 2024 sailing did you book for a great, cheap price? We aren't looking beyond Feb 2024 yet as we will be doing some international, land travel in 2024 as well. Thanks!

On 4/20/2023 at 12:56 PM, crewsweeper said:

Well Assuming Deck 14 is the same as Deck 10  I know 10162 bed is by the bathroom (our cabin 2 weeks ago and again in January 2024. So the pattern bath/balcony would confirm 14176 is balcony

You cannot use the HC rooms as part of the pattern.

The closest set that you can use is 14178 and 14180 which make 14176 as having the bed by the bath

50 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Ok. I'm looking at Caribbean sailings up through Feb 2024. Which 2024 sailing did you book for a great, cheap price? We aren't looking beyond Feb 2024 yet as we will be doing some international, land travel in 2024 as well. Thanks!

We are going on Oasis in October 23, so we went a full year from that... so we are doing Sept  2024... 3 of us, balcony room with the deal they have going that includes Drink and Wi-Fi packages and it's 2400.00. Like a full 2000  less than our oasis trip, which we haven't even bought drinks or wifi yet (so tack another almost 2000)..and the itinerary is better. I couldn't pass it up! 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We are going on Oasis in October 23, so we went a full year from that... so we are doing Sept  2024... 3 of us, balcony room with the deal they have going that includes Drink and Wi-Fi packages and it's 2400.00. Like a full 2000  less than our oasis trip, which we haven't even bought drinks or wifi yet (so tack another almost 2000)..and the itinerary is better. I couldn't pass it up! 

Ok. I see. I guess I would just look at the pricing situation a little different. Yes, if I compared it to I guess the $4,000+  that the Oasis sailing is costing you,  it looks dirt cheap. I guess I look at it that the Oasis sailing in Oct is crazy expensive, lol. I would personally pass on paying that much if it's just a normal Caribbean sailing and all the other costs haven't even been added yet. That's just so inflated for what's included, as you said you have more to add for the overall cruise experience.

Happy cruising. Glad you are happy with the Seascape Sept 2024 pricing.  🛳🏝🙋‍♀️🌞🤗