Celebrity Silhouette March 28 - April 8

DaKahuna

18 minutes ago, dateacher said:

On the March 18 sailing, the bartenders at WCB were Shawn and Mikahala (both wonderful) with occasional help from a woman whose name I didn't get.  

have not encountered Shawn but Mimahala was there earlier tonight. 

23 minutes ago, dateacher said:

There is no Ron Zacapa anywhere on board.  There is not a lot of other 'quality' rums onboard from what I have gathered.  In the World Class bar, the Zacapa Old Fashioned is being made with Brucal Anejo (see photo) .. Not the same at all.

We were on the Silhouette the week before you and went to the World Class bar for the first time and went back every night. I didn't know that the Brugal Rum was not the original recipe.  We loved this old fashioned but ignorance is bliss. 

In the Retreat Sundeck bar and at the Ensemble Lounger the bartenders recommended the Brugal 1888.  I find I like that better than the Anejo.  It has become my goto for this cruise. 

23 minutes ago, dateacher said:

On 3/30/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Really enjoying reading along.    Do you happen to know who the Hotel Director is.   We were hoping that Nina was back.

Jim, I followed up on this and Vedran Jelavic is the current Hotel Director. 

Yesterday was a our first port of call this voyage -- Aruba .. 

A panoramic view from our aft S1.  Not much to see I am afraid.

421721959_IMG_6242photo.thumb.JPG.fc0e9ecbc68324e65068c79af7d10f46.JPGA couple of random pictures as well as the 'evening snack' set up in. the Retreat Lounge.  This is one feature of the Revolutionized S Class ships I do like. 

IMG_6253~photo.JPG

IMG_6269~photo.JPG

• Like 2

Today we are in Bonaire -- Again there is not much to see - in previous trips we did the island tours and today we just decided to walk through the small shopping area.  We were back onboard in about an hour. 

1527256642_IMG_6280photo.thumb.JPG.036a872eb0e69ce66a2a0f4d2c820fdd.JPG

IMG_6290~photo.JPG

IMG_6291~photo.JPG

IMG_6277~photo.JPG

IMG_6278~photo.JPG

• Like 2

A couple of mentions in other post about the Sunset Bar on Deck 15.  I stopped by this morning after lunch in the OVC and snapped a couple of pictures.   There is plenty of shade both at the bar but not so much on the port and starboard side except where covered from the sun by the canopy.  Gone are the chairs and tables along side the ship's structure where you use to be able to get some relief from the sun's rays. 1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG

1277991385_IMG_6313photo.thumb.JPG.1021446641ff59b5fe2dfa415156952a.JPG

IMG_6315~photo.JPG

• Like 3

As you may have picked up on, I have resolved the issue with photo's posting sideways.  I am moving my photo's from my iPhone to my MacBook Air, opening them, using the rotate button to move them so they are oriented correctly and then saving.  Although they look correctly oriented when I open them up, if I do not rotate them and save them, they show up sideways when posted.  Anyway, I hope you'll forgive the earlier post and if there were any you woulld like to see in the correct orientation let me know and I'll upload again. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim, I followed up on this and Vedran Jelavic is the current Hotel Director. 

Great.. .  Don't know him but when I did a search I saw he has done quite well for himself on Celebrity.  Started as a waiter and then assistant Maitre 'd followed by F&B Manager back in 2017.    Love seeing staff being promoted from within.

Really enjoying the pictures and as we pulled the suitcases out today it is really getting us excited.   She looks like she is in really nice condition.

Have they announced any covid cases?   I was just looking and Silhouette is still at Orange on CDC website from last weeks cases. 

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

A couple of mentions in other post about the Sunset Bar on Deck 15.  I stopped by this morning after lunch in the OVC and snapped a couple of pictures.   There is plenty of shade both at the bar but not so much on the port and starboard side except where covered from the sun by the canopy.  Gone are the chairs and tables along side the ship's structure where you use to be able to get some relief from the sun's rays. 1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG1116977664_IMG_6314photo.thumb.JPG.936c5aaeb3078dd33085b680018c18a7.JPG

1277991385_IMG_6313photo.thumb.JPG.1021446641ff59b5fe2dfa415156952a.JPG

IMG_6315~photo.JPG

Is that Avinash behind the bar?  He was amazing last week.  

16 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Thank you for taking the time from your holiday to entertain the rest of us! Question about your cabin…is that a sheet covering your sofa?  

Yes, one of the first things we request when we meet our room steward is to ask that the sofa and chair be covered with a sheet.  We have never been told no. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really enjoying the pictures and as we pulled the suitcases out today it is really getting us excited.   She looks like she is in really nice condition.

Have they announced any covid cases?   I was just looking and Silhouette is still at Orange on CDC website from last weeks cases. 

There have been, to my knowledge any announced COVID cases on this cruise. 

I have seen some people wearing mask in public places but they are in a small quantity.  Fortunately, with the exception of an event in the Retreat Lounge we have not encountered any large gathering of people. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

Is that Avinash behind the bar?  He was amazing last week.  

I am not sure.  We did not stop for a drink.  It has been very windy this entire cruise so we have not remained outside for any length of time. 

22 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

As you may have picked up on, I have resolved the issue with photo's posting sideways.  I am moving my photo's from my iPhone to my MacBook Air, opening them, using the rotate button to move them so they are oriented correctly and then saving.  Although they look correctly oriented when I open them up, if I do not rotate them and save them, they show up sideways when posted.  Anyway, I hope you'll forgive the earlier post and if there were any you woulld like to see in the correct orientation let me know and I'll upload again. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to correct the orientation of your lovely pictures.  i'm really enjoying them.

We just spend our longest time off the ship since the cruise started.  We are in Curacao today and it is a hike from the ship to the RIF and  beyond across the floating bridge to the town.   But despite being old and lazy, we made it there and back.  

Some photo's from our journey:

746191502_IMG_6338photo.thumb.JPG.6fe6e8385f90176a5e75df0869dc626f.JPG

IMG_6339~photo.JPG

IMG_6342~photo.JPG

IMG_6344~photo.JPG

IMG_6346~photo.JPG

IMG_6349~photo.JPG

IMG_6353~photo.JPG

IMG_6356~photo.JPG

IMG_6362~photo.JPG

IMG_6367~photo.JPG

IMG_6370~photo.JPG

IMG_6375~photo.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to correct the orientation of your lovely pictures.  i'm really enjoying them.

I am glad you are because I just posted more 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There have been, to my knowledge any announced COVID cases on this cruise. 

I have seen some people wearing mask in public places but they are in a small quantity.  Fortunately, with the exception of an event in the Retreat Lounge we have not encountered any large gathering of people. 

Thanks... Was just curious.    I guess the deep cleaning worked.   If I figured it correctly today is you 1/2 way point.  

I pulled our suitcases out last night and dusted them off.    Started putting things on the bed to be packed.  

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks... Was just curious.    I guess the deep cleaning worked.   If I figured it correctly today is you 1/2 way point.  

I pulled our suitcases out last night and dusted them off.    Started putting things on the bed to be packed.  

Yes, we are halfway through this cruise - unfortunately we are on the downhill count. 

I am surprised your suitcases have any dust on them as often as the two of you cruise.  

I hope this worked up loaded a video of them opening the bridge to let a small boat go through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1