Silhouette 3.18-28. Boarded with my husband, disembarked without him.

sakigemcam

2 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

I was hoping this information would help others be more prepared. We were so masked up and taking immunity meds, we really were thrown by this. DH is a TV photojournalist, considered essential, and has been working in the field every single day without getting sick. 

Still no outreach from X. 

I just realized who you and your husband are.  We sat with you at the WCB one night and your husband and mine compared notes because mine was a former photojournalist too. I hope he can get home soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I just realized who you and your husband are.  We sat with you at the WCB one night and your husband and mine compared notes because mine was a former photojournalist too. I hope he can get home soon.

Yes! I wasn't there but he told me all about it! I hope you are both feeling just fine and dandy! And cheers to our journalists - out there risking all kinds of things to bring us information. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

FYI after a lot of attempts to contact, my husband finally got a call from a "Heather" at X who was surprised nobody had contacted him. She provided compensation information and answered his questions. So, there's that. 

I wrote in the FB group for this sailing that I wonder where the crisis management team is. Their protocols should be 100% updated. My company is still reviewing protocols daily to protect all its employees, vendors, etc. I'm baffled that there are these weird mis-steps by a company this size who certainly formed a crisis management team two years ago. 

• Like 2

And you are literally in Celebrity HQ's backyard - the easiest place for them to get you help!  Over the last few months there have been similar reports here like yours. One group - after waiting several hours at the port for transportation,  and nobody had any information  - was dropped at a hotel that didn't know they were coming and had no rooms for them. A mom of a young man, who was at a neighboring hotel, walked over and got him. She had been given no advance information as to where they were taking him. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, sakigemcam said:

Literally on hold with Celebrity Engagement now that I'm home. Agree with everything you said. Dump him off at a hotel and that's it? See ya, wouldn't want to be ya?

If you're comfortable can you share the receipt info with me - ie, where to send? My email is vkelba@gmail.com  Thank you. 

I have emailed you all the contact info I had and also the name of the woman that helped us the most.  Wishing you luck-still waiting on our $$

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

FYI after a lot of attempts to contact, my husband finally got a call from a "Heather" at X who was surprised nobody had contacted him. She provided compensation information and answered his questions. So, there's that. 

I wrote in the FB group for this sailing that I wonder where the crisis management team is. Their protocols should be 100% updated. My company is still reviewing protocols daily to protect all its employees, vendors, etc. I'm baffled that there are these weird mis-steps by a company this size who certainly formed a crisis management team two years ago. 

Wow.. amazing of the lack of communication from Celebrity.   As a photojournalist he might have some good contact to do a story of being abandoned by a cruise line when he needed them most.     Would probably get some good traction.

• Like 2

I remember when the cruise lines first returned to service after the long hiatus and they seemed to be jumping through hoops to ensure that everyone was taken care of if they got sick. I guess they knew that the CDC and media was paying close attention. Now it seems that they’re back to their normal way of business and it’s not just X from what I have read on Cruise Critic. How quick they forget where they were this time two years ago. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.. amazing of the lack of communication from Celebrity.   As a photojournalist he might have some good contact to do a story of being abandoned by a cruise line when he needed them most.     Would probably get some good traction.

That’s the enigma. We love and empathize w the cruise line and don’t want to add fuel to the fire with the media attention. If I hear “Petri dish” one more time…

Meanwhile “Heather” was the result of our TA reaching out to her contacts. So worth it to use a TA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just posted my question on another thread but here it goes again.  Did Celebrity provide any medications for your husband when he was quarantined?  A fever reducer, cough syrup, etc.?  Haven’t seen this topic addressed anywhere and I’m just wondering how a person should be prepared just in case.

1 minute ago, ncgolferette said:

I just posted my question on another thread but here it goes again.  Did Celebrity provide any medications for your husband when he was quarantined?  A fever reducer, cough syrup, etc.?  Haven’t seen this topic addressed anywhere and I’m just wondering how a person should be prepared just in case.

As a chronic overpacker I had Dayquil and Nyquil tablets and the doctor said that was good. There was no offer of anything else. Once he got to hotel he ordered delivery from CVS - no guidance, no support from X after the initial diagnosis. 

@sakigemcam. Just to update you - Tim is still out and Gigi is doing a wonderful job covering for him.  She has not, to my knowledge said it was COVID but has acknowledged that is it illness related. 

I hope your husband has a safe recovery and the two of you are reunited soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

As a chronic overpacker I had Dayquil and Nyquil tablets and the doctor said that was good. There was no offer of anything else. Once he got to hotel he ordered delivery from CVS - no guidance, no support from X after the initial diagnosis. 

Thank you.  I feel like I’ll  be packing a pharmacy to take along with me just in case for my European  cruise next month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ncgolferette said:

Thank you.  I feel like I’ll  be packing a pharmacy to take along with me just in case for my European  cruise next month.

I will be doing the same thing including extra tests just in case. I don’t want to be out hunting for stuff. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

We learned the hard way about bringing plenty of OTC meds on a cruise. In the fall of 2019, my husband got the flu during a transatlantic (on Princess) and we spent a small fortune on Tylenol from the medical center over the week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@sakigemcam. Just to update you - Tim is still out and Gigi is doing a wonderful job covering for him.  She has not, to my knowledge said it was COVID but has acknowledged that is it illness related. 

I hope your husband has a safe recovery and the two of you are reunited soon. 

Oh wow - I guess it's the 10 days for Tim? Gigi was adorable, I am so glad to hear she is okay. 

Thank you - and I hope you are enjoying the most wonderful cruise!  How lucky are we to be able to take these types of vacations? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

We learned the hard way about bringing plenty of OTC meds on a cruise. In the fall of 2019, my husband got the flu during a transatlantic (on Princess) and we spent a small fortune on Tylenol from the medical center over the week!

I always bring Tamiflu! My husband made fun of my always being prepared but since the pandemic hit, he no longer gives me an attitude about all my back stock, particularly TP and wipes! 

I will also say, my mother had a suitcase she always traveled with that you could basically open a full on CVS out of. It's crazy making but comes in handy!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

It's worth it. Advil, Tylenol, Dayquil and Nyquil, stomach and anti-diarrhea meds, lots of immunity homeopathic stuff (ha, I guess it didn't work), Zicam nose swabs, bandaids!, bacitracin, Tylenol PM. Don't even ask about makeup and hair stuff, lol. 

2 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

I always bring Tamiflu! My husband made fun of my always being prepared but since the pandemic hit, he no longer gives me an attitude about all my back stock, particularly TP and wipes! 

I will also say, my mother had a suitcase she always traveled with that you could basically open a full on CVS out of. It's crazy making but comes in handy!

I agree! We spent $140 on 5 tablets of Tamiflu at the medical center & he really didn't feel any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citruscruiser said:

There was a Celebrity email recently advising you did not have to change rooms if positive with one day left on the cruise. Does anyone have a link to that to share?  I tossed my copy. Thanks

Is cabin cleaning and sanitizing the same for all cabins?

3 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

I learned my lesson years ago on an Alaskan cruise when we all came down with bad colds.  Thought, well since we are in the US we can just pick something up in port.  Only issue was the stores in the port were all cleared out too!  Now I bring just about everything I think we may need, and since Covid I bring extras of the types of things we might need to treat that.  I've always brought extra prescription meds, but now I bring more of those.

Curious though, speaking of prescription meds, Tamiflu is only available by prescription.  Do you ask your doctor to write you a script just in case?  I'm not sure my insurance would even allow that.

4 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

Since resumption of travel I make sure I have regular meds,   Theraflu (Day and Night), Ibuprofen, sea sickness pills, anti-diarrhea meds, band-aids, Thermometer, Oximeter and extra covid self tests.   Haven't needed them so far but unless Celebrity has changed since I cruised they removed aspirin and ibuprofen from the shops.  Sounds like a lot but really only takes a small corner of my suitcase.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I learned my lesson years ago on an Alaskan cruise when we all came down with bad colds.  Thought, well since we are in the US we can just pick something up in port.  Only issue was the stores in the port were all cleared out too!  Now I bring just about everything I think we may need, and since Covid I bring extras of the types of things we might need to treat that.  I've always brought extra prescription meds, but now I bring more of those.

Curious though, speaking of prescription meds, Tamiflu is only available by prescription.  Do you ask your doctor to write you a script just in case?  I'm not sure my insurance would even allow that.

I am prone to sinus infections and my doctor writes me a script for antibiotics just incase. I fill the prescription before we leave so I have it with me.

48 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I had no issue with my doctor prescribing preemptively