Ovation Shakedown Cruise April 26-29, 2022

Baowen

I just got the invite for the Ovation of the Seas shakedown cruise. Unfortunately it's April 26-29th when I will be on the wonder of the Seas Transatlantic.  It's interesting that they are doing this because she did sailings last year.  I assume because she's been hanging out with only crew onboard, they wanted to do a trial run with passengers..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join us for an event you certainly won’t want to miss! Ovation of the Seas® will be returning to service very soon and we need your help to give the ship one final test run before she kicks-off her Alaska season. This three-night event will offer the opportunity to enjoy vistas from the North Star®, the tallest viewing deck on a cruise ship. And then refuel with delicious, globally inspired dishes and robot-crafted cocktails as fresh as the crisp mountain air outside. In between adventures onshore, fill each sea day with activities you can enjoy in any weather —like surf sessions on the FlowRider®, simulated skydiving on RipCord®by iFLY®, and so much more.
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcreative.rccl.com
3-NIGHT CRUISE TO VICTORIA, CANADA
April 26 - 29, 2022 • Roundtrip from Seattle, WA
What you’ll need to know:
  • Each guest will be granted one double occupancy stateroom to invite a travel companion of your choice.
  • All attendees must be fully vaccinated, with the final dose of the vaccine administered at least 14 days before the sail date, and present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the terminal upon check-in.
  • A negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) will be required on boarding day. Terminal testing will be unavailable, so please ensure all guests arrive with valid pre-arrival test result.
  • Please be sure to review all health and safety protocols here to ensure full preparedness.
  • The cruise fare is complimentary. All costs associated with travel to-and-from the terminal, as well as onboard purchases, are the attendee’s responsibility
Inventory is limited, so please register on or before April 1, 2022 for a chance to join us! Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis and will be capacity controlled.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baowen said:

Who knows how they choose??  I live in Seattle and I'm Diamond plus so maybe.....?

Beth

I’m in Lynnwood, also D+, and got nothing. But I am on the first sailing with paid passengers on May 5. I even went through my junk mail, just in case. 😢

@Aquahoundgot an invite too.

It was a very pleasant morning when I opened my emails and saw my invite.  The dates do work for me so I immediately registered.  

FWIW, I'm also D+ and live in the Seattle area.  

Ovation has been in and out of port over the past few weeks, teasing me!  They made good by this invite.  😁

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Aquahound said:

It was a very pleasant morning when I opened my emails and saw my invite.  The dates do work for me so I immediately registered.  

Ovation has been in and out of port over the past few weeks, teasing me!  They made good by this invite.  😁

What has the Ovation been doing in and out of Seattle?

12 hours ago, Iloveturtles said:

What has the Ovation been doing in and out of Seattle?

Welcome to CC.

Not much, though she just picked up quite bit of crew. She's been commuting to So CA about once a month for the past 6 months.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 9:35 PM, Aquahound said:

excellent.  you must have waved a lot at the ship.

i also wonder if they will test out the procedures at Victoria to see how things go.

Enjoy your cruise.  I am doing the Quantum in late August.  I do see that Ovation has a variety of itineraries this year swapping around Ketchikan and Sitka.  Looks like they will use Ward Cove at least once.

• Like 1

We love the Ovation and her crew. We also received a reservation and pray that we will be booked. They will select the invitee's who will get their specific booking confirmations on or before April 15th according to the invitation. The only sad comment is that the lounges will not be accessible, so no lounge coffees or drink perks as the Crown & Anchor perks don't apply. We will take some wine since it doesn't specifically block that. I am curious if there are folks that have done these shakedown cruises that have had some of their C&A perks available.

26 minutes ago, EdandMary said:

I am curious if there are folks that have done these shakedown cruises that have had some of their C&A perks available.

I did the 5N Simulation Test cruise on Ovation (r/t Seattle - Ketchikan) on 30 Jul 2021. Assigned a large OV balcony, which was great since I was solo for this sailing.  No customary CAS and onboard benefits, except I did have 5 bottles of water in my cabin. The internet, drinks, photos, tours and speciality dining were 1/2 price. I ate in CK, but lounge access was via special invitation to role play social distancing and other protocols. Very nicely done, food was delicious and entertainment was good.

Many of the officers and staff will approach you to ask questions  comments and suggestions. Michael Landry was the HD and is very outgoing and approachable.

Enjoy!

Edited by long4acruise

On 4/1/2022 at 12:59 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

well she was in port for four days and Chris Wong on you tube has a video of his arrival and showed the terminal and what all they had to do.

I am surprised the ship is doing a shakedown cruise though.

There are a few good reasons they do a shakedown cruise when changing status from warm lay-up to full time operation.

the most important probably being they need to demonstrate with the coast guard observing that the crew can do a successful muster drill with real passengers.

I was on a shakedown cruise Seattle to Victoria for the Sapphire Princess when she was brand new and came to seattle for the summer season years ago.

the way it was explained to me was they like to have volunteer passengers with an affinity for the cruise lines.  Passengers that will not try to duck the muster drill. Also there were travel agents on that cruise which I think RCI has done on the shakedown cruises also- at least the Allure last summer.

it would not surprise me if they add a Seattle-Vancouver cruise when they head up there maybe half full so they can further train the crew. Experienced Wait staff doubled up with training wait staff on our table on Sapphire as it was only half full of passengers on the shakedown cruise.

• Like 1

okay I guess if any ship is not being used for more than 6 months, they do a shake down if required.

Will be interesting if the original Captain Loy comes back or if he moved on to another ship.

Was last on the ship for 2021 season but rotated off.  since then two other fellows.

I bet all the captains are hoping to get on the Icon when it comes out.

Glad I found this thread!   We were also invited and were able to make the dates work as well.   We are D+ and live in Tigard, OR.   We'll be driving up Tuesday morning, so see you all there!  It's our first sailing on a Quantum class ship - so I'm excited to see what they are all about.

• Like 2