Coastal Kitchen on Allure

I know this has been debated previously but asking is it worth the cost? I’m doing my first solo cruise in May and wondering if I should splurge on this. Where is the dinner held? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

I know this has been debated previously but asking is it worth the cost? 

No, on virtually all ships with a CK, the UDP which gets you access to all speciality venues (which has better food than CK), is less than an upgrade to JS (which is what gets you access to CK). 

• Like 1

Agree specialty restaurants have much better food than CK, my last cruise allure cruise I had grand suite which allows all meals in CK, we didn’t eat one dinner there because of UDP , did have breakfast and most lunch’s there.

36 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

I know this has been debated previously but asking is it worth the cost? I’m doing my first solo cruise in May and wondering if I should splurge on this. Where is the dinner held? Thanks!

In order to have full access to CK, you have to be in a full suite. If you are in a junior suite you can have dinner there on a space available basis. Anything below a JS and you have no access even if you purchase the unlimited specialty dining plan (UDP)

17 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Are you asking about Chef's Table? The fact that you can't "splurge" on a dinner at CK, and you ask where is "IT" held makes me ask.

36 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Are you asking about Chef's Table? The fact that you can't "splurge" on a dinner at CK, and you ask where is "IT" held makes me ask.

If the question is in fact about the Chef's Table, it is definitely worth the price, and on Allure it is held in a private area of the Solarium Bistro. A good friend of ours was the head chef for the Chef's Table on Harmony, and if his artistry and skill is any gauge of the chefs selected to host the Chef's Table, the dinner should be outstanding.

The only downside is the Chef's Table is not included in the UDP.

Edited by orville99

• 2 weeks later...