Cabin not as stated twice

Unfortunately Royal has sold me a room that is not what I asked for. We were expecting a room with a Pullman and a couch bed but only have couch bed. This is going to be fun with a 13 year old grandson and a 10 year old sister. Beware 13248 on Odyssey does not have a bunk. We had a similar situation many years ago on Allure. We booked a room for three occupants and it did not have a couch or Pullman. Both reservations were booked on the phone directly with Royal. 😢

Edited by mzlisap

• mzlisap changed the title to Cabin not as stated twice
8 minutes ago, mzlisap said:

Unfortunately Royal has sold me a room that is not what I asked for. We were expecting a room with a Pullman and a couch bed but only have couch bed. This is going to be fun with a 13 year old grandson and a 10 year old sister. Beware 13248 on Odyssey does not have a bunk. We had a similar situation many years ago on Allure. We booked a room for three occupants and it did not have a couch or Pullman. Both reservations were booked on the phone directly with Royal. 😢

No where does it state that on Odyssey it has a pullman.  On all quantum class ships there are no pullman beds in any cabins other than possibly some suites.

They changed the designation on the deck plans a couple of years ago and the * now only denotes 4 guests and not that it contains a pullman bed

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2059/13

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Is there a reason you can't separate the beds so everyone has their own? You could have the kids take turns in the actual bed if that's the issue.

Separate the bed into two twins and the two adults take the double sofa bed. That is what that cabin has.

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The sofa bed is far from great for 1 adult, I cant imagine it for 2

Certainly not something we would consider either. If we were cruising with two grandkids, we would book two cabins and put one adult in each. But the OP may not have that option.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No where does it state that on Odyssey it has a pullman.  On all quantum class ships there are no pullman beds in any cabins other than possibly some suites.

They changed the designation on the deck plans a couple of years ago and the * now only denotes 4 guests and not that it contains a pullman bed

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2059/13

Doesn't Odyssey have the same type of sofabeds as Anthem?  Those sofabeds can be made up at different heights as the bottom part of it is like a trundle that is pulled out.  This gives each person a defined bed at two different heights so they aren't directly beside each other.

As far as pullman beds go, our 2 BR GS on Anthem had two pullman beds in the second bedroom.  Master bedroom slept 2, sofabed was for 2 and second bedroom slept 4.

I don't know if you have a 1C or 2C balcony but it took me less than two minutes to find this cabin description on the deck plans for the Odyssey:

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed. Vanity and sitting area and one bathroom. One double sofa bed. Up to 4 guests. Stateroom: 177 sq. ft. Balcony: 70 sq. ft.

The sofa bed should have not been a surprise to you.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

In fairness to the op, I think he/she is flagging the failings of RC agents. I don’t think they’re looking for suggestions on how to sleep 4 people in the room. 

Why is this a failure on the part of the RC agents.

A customer has the responsibility of doing so research before booking and the information is readily available.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My two kids are grown now, but any time we booked any accomidation which slept 4 as they were growing up we did enough research to be sure about what the bed set up would be.  Nothing official from RCI says there are are pullmans on the ship class you are on....I don't know how or where the confusion came in, but it doesn't seem reasonable to blame RCI on this particular issue given the rooms are clearly described as having a pull out sofa.  Hopefully one of the suggestions on the thread will work out for you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

In fairness to the op, I think he/she is flagging the failings of RC agents. I don’t think they’re looking for suggestions on how to sleep 4 people in the room. 

We are not privy to the conversation, but it sounds like the OP may have been asking for a non-existing cabin on Odyssey.  The agent gave them the closest match.

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

We are not privy to the conversation, but it sounds like the OP may have been asking for a non-existing cabin on Odyssey.  The agent gave them the closest match.

I agree. We’re not privy to the conversation but of the OP requested a room with a Pullman then it was the agents responsibility to set the OP straight. Some of the responses here are suggesting the customer should know the product better than the seller. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I agree. We’re not privy to the conversation but of the OP requested a room with a Pullman then it was the agents responsibility to set the OP straight. Some of the responses here are suggesting the customer should know the product better than the seller. 

Well, it would be nice if every rep and every TA knew every cabin on every ship, but that is unrealistic.  In truth, likely a substantial of the folks in cruise critic know the cabins better than many of the sellers.  The amount of info available to each of us on the internet is so enormous that we can indeed spend a bit of time to find out if cabins on certain ships fit our needs/hopes/preconceptions or not.  I learned this years ago after getting very bad advice on a cabin switch from a TA specializing in cruises.  After that, I learned to do more research myself as I care more than the seller about my cruise experience.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Well, it would be nice if every rep and every TA knew every cabin on every ship, but that is unrealistic.

We’ll need to agree to disagree on this front. These people aren’t memorising the info. This is a multibillion dollar business and that information should be at their fingertips. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

We’ll need to agree to disagree on this front. These people aren’t memorising the info. This is a multibillion dollar business and that information should be at their fingertips. 

Again, we were not privy to the conversation; either party (or both) could be responsible for a misunderstanding. Sometimes people hear what they want to hear…my grandparents had one particular stubborn spot…they never seemed to hear that their requests were impossible where the grandchildren were concerned😀

• Like 4

I’ve said this on other threads, if 2 beds are the only option for 4 people, the girls sleep in one and the boys in the other.  Hubby & son, daughter & me on almost every vacation we’ve taken with them.  Harmony 3 weeks ago was a treat!  Pullout sofa was supposed to be my daughters but her younger, taller brother talked her into the rollaway 😄

B233C988-FCE0-42B6-9427-19529B054746.jpeg

40A394C9-9F00-4FF2-8126-00BEE2CFF952.jpeg