Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

4 minutes ago, hollon said:

sorry i'm late in the game, what class is it and where is the homeport?

Utopia is the last of the Oasis class ships atleast for now. No homeport has been announced. The ship has not been officially unveiled but if it stays on track it should have an inaugural summer season in Europe next summer before making its way to the US. I’d say most likely will be homeported somewhere in Florida like usual. They will just move on the older Oasis classes out to somewhere else.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 5:47 PM, wreckem2013 said:

Utopia is the last of the Oasis class ships atleast for now. No homeport has been announced. The ship has not been officially unveiled but if it stays on track it should have an inaugural summer season in Europe next summer before making its way to the US. I’d say most likely will be homeported somewhere in Florida like usual. They will just move on the older Oasis classes out to somewhere else.

Just for speculation …. would Oasis and Utopia both be in Europe in 2024?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Utopia won't be done until fall of 2024 so after the Europe season

IMG_20230205_220954.jpgreproductor blockquoteeproductor blockquotereproductor blockquote

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Not 2Q or end of of May 2024 ???

That is what I have seen multiple places.

I don't think so.  Look at where she is in the construction process vs where icon is and icon won't be sailing until January.  Pretty sure I slso remember someone on the 2 day Wonder naming ceremony mentioning the fall for Utopia 

I don't think so.  Look at where she is in the construction process vs where icon is and icon won't be sailing until January.  Pretty sure I slso remember someone on the 2 day Wonder naming ceremony mentioning the fall for Utopia 

Icon construction started April 5th, 2022 and is supposed to deliver late 2023 (December) so 20 months. 

Utopia construction started September 2022 so 20 months later would be May 2024.

No?

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 10:10 PM, NightOne said:

Icon construction started April 5th, 2022 and is supposed to deliver late 2023 (December) so 20 months. 

Utopia construction started September 2022 so 20 months later would be May 2024.

No?

No, wrong!

The construction of Utopia began on July 1, 2022:

Spring 2024.

Edited by DaniMSCRoyal_85

11 hours ago, DaniMSCRoyal_85 said:

No, wrong!

The construction of Utopia began on July 1, 2022:

Spring 2024.

Steel cutting started in April 2022 - some considered that the official start

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/1225/utopia-of-the-seas-construction-update-construction-begins-on-royal-caribbeans-new-oasis-class-ship//

Keel laying ceremony took place in July 2022. 

Shipyard said it was a 30 month build time in their own press release so none of the dates makes sense because they say delivery is Spring 2024. That would not make sense with an April, July, or September start date.

Maybe I'm completely in left field here, with the discussion of homeporting...is there any chance Utopia ends up in Asia?

Wonder was initially designed for the Asian market. The work put into converting her back to the NA market makes me think they won't "undo" it to send her once things open. Bayley suggested in the earnings call that 2024 was the realistic expectation for the Chinese market returning.

Obviously, they once intended for an Oasis class ship to head over there. Sure, things have changed drastically with COVID, but if they're expecting a rebound once the market reopens, would they not plan on sending a similar class vessel?

Just spitballing and could be completely off base. Many of you on here have far better insight into this than I.

• Like 2