Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

54 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Thanks! I guess they are still riding on the Icon hype....before they switch to Utopia...

Not really interested in Utopia as I suspect the same low quality as Wonder - but think it might have influence on Anthem which we love....

Low quality? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Thanks! I guess they are still riding on the Icon hype....before they switch to Utopia...

Not really interested in Utopia as I suspect the same low quality as Wonder - but think it might have influence on Anthem which we love....

Wonder definitely isn’t low quality! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

They should release more info on Utopia very soon, given its now a year away.

Icon is their pride and joy at the minute and I think still will be after the launch of Utopia. They have put so much effort into promoting Icon that I think any attempt to market Utopia will just get brushed under the carpet by many. I hope that their focus on Icon doesn’t harm the quality of Utopia either, as Oasis class are still incredible ships and will be for many years!

As I mentioned on another thread, while I think it is unlikely that Utopia will go to Asia, I think that this would make more sense marketing wise as they don’t have a comparable product in Asia, whereas many US & Europe customers will still be attracted to Icon. Although, I’m far from an expert, and Royal will obviously send her wherever they can make the most $$$! 

Wherever they choose to send her, they had better start selling, as a ship launch without passengers wouldn’t be a good start! 😂

Edited by Jumping Cruiser

I think Utopia was destined for China but they are rethinking that based on geopolitical factors. 

Royal knows if they send Utopia to Florida that guarantees a certain response.  No matter when they announce such a deployment the market response it all but guaranteed.  Consequently that is there fallback position.  Meanwhile they can wait to see if geopolitics change. 

If a non US deployment was the plan there would be no reason not to announce that and commence taking bookings and using that much needed cash infusion.  Icon is selling extremely well.  If Utopia wasn't coming to the US why not announce it and get on with it?

A Europe start would have minimal impact to Icon bookings.  A Singapore deployment would have minimal impact to Icon bookings.  They are waiting to see if there is any way to make China work.  Beyond that anything is possible with Florida or Texas being the safety net.    At the moment it's undecided.   Or, they've decided and like Wonder they are scrambling to find a shipyard to modify her once they take delivery.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Pools + Pooldeck, Flowrider, 70's dorm color scheme and other items....

Definitely agree. I felt something was definitely lacking in Wonder, and she felt like a “cheaper” build.   No magnificent stairwell artwork like on Symphony for starters. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

Definitely agree. I felt something was definitely lacking in Wonder, and she felt like a “cheaper” build.   No magnificent stairwell artwork like on Symphony for starters. 

That would have been nice to have had a 'grander' first experience of an O class ship. Wonder was my first and I can say i marvelled like a little kid in a candy store at everything she had to offer. Of course the only thing odd to me was the hanging dragon's in the lift atriums. Sometimes, depending on the angle, they looked like intestines with cones as noses at the end. 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, twangster said:

I think Utopia was destined for China but they are rethinking that based on geopolitical factors. 

Royal knows if they send Utopia to Florida that guarantees a certain response.  No matter when they announce such a deployment the market response it all but guaranteed.  Consequently that is there fallback position.  Meanwhile they can wait to see if geopolitics change. 

If a non US deployment was the plan there would be no reason not to announce that and commence taking bookings and using that much needed cash infusion.  Icon is selling extremely well.  If Utopia wasn't coming to the US why not announce it and get on with it?

A Europe start would have minimal impact to Icon bookings.  A Singapore deployment would have minimal impact to Icon bookings.  They are waiting to see if there is any way to make China work.  Beyond that anything is possible with Florida or Texas being the safety net.    At the moment it's undecided.   Or, they've decided and like Wonder they are scrambling to find a shipyard to modify her once they take delivery.

I'm thinking if it is indeed a Singapore or China deployment, they usually release these itineraries much closer to the sail date, and hence, will be in line with the deployment release culture for the region. Also I have a feeling, they are scrambling to rethink their strategy with Singapore at the moment because Anthem can't fight a mega DCL ship. Anthem seems like a step down from Spectrum so that's an issue.

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I'm thinking if it is indeed a Singapore or China deployment, they usually release these itineraries much closer to the sail date, and hence, will be in line with the deployment release culture for the region. Also I have a feeling, they are scrambling to rethink their strategy with Singapore at the moment because Anthem can't fight a mega DCL ship. Anthem seems like a step down from Spectrum so that's an issue.

Anthem doesn't need to fight a DCL ship.  People who want a Disney experience will pay the 2 to 3 x factor for the Disney experience.  No cruise ship in the world will stop someone who wants the Disney experience from booking DCL.  DCL is specialty boutique cruise line operating in their own market.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Out of curiosity, what elements of Wonder do you consider low quality?

Yea, curious as well. If any are low quality, it's Harmony and her plastic, flapping panels in Solarium

15 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Pools + Pooldeck, Flowrider, 70's dorm color scheme and other items....

Huh, love the pool deck with big screen, Lime and Coconut, Windjammer, kiddie pool by slides, etc..

• Like 5

6 hours ago, brevardcruiser said:

Maybe it goes to china but what ship replaces allure on short cruises from PC? 

That is the age old question. It would be odd for them to go back to any vessel smaller than Allure if she does well with the 3/4 night run like they are banking on her doing. 

• Like 1