Horseshoe Bay

marnie2005

1 hour ago, marnie2005 said:

What is the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay from the cruise terminal? Would there be a shuttle service??

I assume your ship is docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard, in which case the privately operated shuttle vans are the way to go. Last I checked they cost $7 per person one way, but it's possible the price has changed this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I assume your ship is docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard, in which case the privately operated shuttle vans are the way to go. Last I checked they cost $7 per person one way, but it's possible the price has changed this year.

Thank you!

• Like 1

marnie2005

the shuttle van is fine but be aware that most drivers will not leave until every seat is filled. If it is early in the morning, you could be waiting for awhile. US cash accepted.

Taxis will also be available but they are more expensive. (about $35, for up to 4 people, different rate for more than 4)

I like to get to the beach as early as possible so husband and I took a taxi to the beach and the shuttle back. The taxis are really nice and have air conditioning. The shuttle vans can be fine with a great driver or a vehicle that has seen better days.

enjoy Bermuda!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burrata said:

marnie2005

the shuttle van is fine but be aware that most drivers will not leave until every seat is filled. If it is early in the morning, you could be waiting for awhile. US cash accepted.

Taxis will also be available but they are more expensive. (about $35, for up to 4 people, different rate for more than 4)

I like to get to the beach as early as possible so husband and I took a taxi to the beach and the shuttle back. The taxis are really nice and have air conditioning. The shuttle vans can be fine with a great driver or a vehicle that has seen better days.

enjoy Bermuda!

Great advise! Thank you

59 minutes ago, baggal said:

Are there chairs and umbrellas available to rent?  Approximate cost?

There always were chairs and umbrellas to rent...I can't recall prices off hand. Maybe about $40 for two chairs and an umbrella??

There's a new beach concessionaire so whatever the prices were in the past might not be indicative of what they will be this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how early the mini busses run from Royal Naval Dockyard to Horseshoe Beach?  And how late?  I am interested in going early on the day we sail away from Bermuda (at 2pm), but I also wondered if it would be possible to see the sunset one night as well?  TIA!

On 4/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, marnie2005 said:

What is the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay from the cruise terminal? Would there be a shuttle service??

Last time, pre covid19, vans just outside ship 🚢 had shuttle deals! Ran you to bottom of hill and picked us up there too! Otherwise bus drops off top of hill and quite a walk if you are older or problems walking.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, njhorseman said:

Last I checked they cost $7 per person one way, but it's possible the price has changed this year.

They were still $7 when we were then April 17-19

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

Does anyone know how early the mini busses run from Royal Naval Dockyard to Horseshoe Beach?  And how late?  I am interested in going early on the day we sail away from Bermuda (at 2pm), but I also wondered if it would be possible to see the sunset one night as well?  TIA!

I usually got on them around 8:30 am. So I would guess 8:00 or so.  The drivers told me they finish up until the beach empties out 5 or 5:30. That was when the concession was picking up rented chairs an umbrellas. Also cruise passengers heading back to the Dockyard before dinner. Since I always got there by 9 am ish I never stayed that late. The concession was opening at 9 so that was why I timed it to arrive around then but since it was just opened there could be a line for rentals then. I have done Horseshoe the last day with the ship all aboard at 1, 2 or 3. As for sunset that is late. You would probably have to arrange for a taxi to pick you up. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Our stop in Bermuda is October 28th.  Will the restaurant and other concessions be open?

thanks in advance. 

I don't know when they shut down for the winter but they have always been open in October in the past. 

45 minutes ago, ZipGirl said:

Question...If we take a taxi, how do we arrange for a taxi back? 

If you are at the beach during the day,  9 ish to 5 ish. there will be plenty of taxis and minibuses when you want to go  back. If you want to stay late, after 5 or so like for a sunset, then arrange for your taxi driver to return. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...