Just off the 7 day Seashore 4/9. Any questions?

CampNCruise74

On 4/16/2022 at 5:40 PM, Love2Snorkle said:

MSC does have chat feature for adults, no children.

MSC sucks.  Their morning breakfast buffet was same food every morning and long line for omelet.  They should learn or try Royal C and see how they do it the right way.

SeaShore elevator is so bad compared to other ships, you will hate it.  It is new ship so it is clean.  Crew on the ship is awesome.  Shows are ok but not great.  They should be able to do better.  Maybe it is due to Covid that they can't hire good shows.  No competition activities like Royal C.  I think they are trying to cut costs.  Lots of room for improvement.  MSC management should try other cruise ships so they can learn how to do it right. 

On our first MSC sailing, we met a staff officer that was on our Allure cruise 12 months previously. I mentioned that he looked like another officer on Allure at a reception about a year ago. He grinned and said glad to welcome you onboard Seaside. He said that this was his second month with MSC.

Ship is beautiful but just too big for me. Way too many kids. Screeching toddlers all over the theater last night during the show.  Preteens running in the public halls. Food has been mediocre. By the end of the first day almost no one wearing masks despite the signs saying they were required indoors.  I'll write a review when I get home. 

I did love Celebrity Summit so I was in a bit of shock all day Saturday after disembarking Summit and boarding Seashore.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:01 PM, CampNCruise74 said:

FYI if anyone reads this the seashore mid elevators were awful for us   Starboard side seemed especially bad because that's the side where we enter and exit ports from. I think the whole system is just bogus.  We nicknamed the letter d elevator is in "doesn't make it to the floor"

For right or wrong sometimes we would split parties and one person would go to each side.  Also too some people wait too long they start pushing all sorts of numbers just to invoke a response from the elevators.  No bueno.

Also if there's any yacht club people out there or something I found strange was twice when using the forward elevators we intercepted yacht club patrons with their Butler, whereas I thought the butler was able to commandeer the elevator to make it go to the floor he wanted it to only,

and not respond to any other floor inquiries.  Have yacht club folks experienced this?

We were on this cruise with you, sailing in the YC. I thought the elevators were a much needed improvement vs the Seaside! No, no YC override function on these elevators, and I'm glad. We never had to wait for an elevator for more then 2 mins, and I like how the system tells you which elevator to go to. On the Seaside, YC guests can override other passengers floors and go staright to the YC floors...sometime awkward TBH.

FWIW, our butler gave us diff numbers wrt passenger count...290 in the YC, and 3,500 overall.

3 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Were the fitness center and thermal spa open?

Yes! I hit the gym every morning except for embarkation and debarkation days. Great equipment selection, too. They have actual free barbell and weights avail which is unusual for a cruise ship. I like to lift, so I checked the floor plan and it's only the theater below the fitness center, so no worries about dropped weights waking anybody! I put down some yoga mats to muffle the noise...I did have to bail on a couple of heavy lifts 😞

Enjoyed the Thermal Spa as well on the last sea day. Not too crowded, although some pax did towel hog the loungers in the salt room. Me and my sons spent about 2 hours there alternating between the snow room and each of the other rooms, hot/cold/hot/cold/etc type thing. Nice area that should not be missed!

5 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Are masks required to be worn on board (and if so, where)? I've read the guidance on the home page, but found it pretty confusing. TIA.

Effective on Saturday, April 23rd, masks are no longer required on board. They are recommended if social distancing is not possible.

19 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

Were the fitness center and thermal spa open?

Yes, both were open. I have gold status and am entitled to a free hour in the spa, so anyone out there that is the same, don't forget your perk!  The thermal area was nice.  Just like the Seaside in layout.  I love the showers, steam rooms, sauna, and ice room!  I work out everyday, cardio and weights, and they had sufficient equipment to hit all you major muscle groups with a little creative thinking because the space is limited. The Techno Gym equipment is first rate and is designed exceptionally well.  Their elliptical version has an interesting design that allows for unique movements through your hips and legs.  

Before boarding, everything said masks indoors. 

By the safety drill, when we had to go have our cards scanned, the majority of the hordes on the stairs were not wearing them. 

I asked a woman near the excursion desk that evening and she said,  yes they were recommended but because so many passengers were from places where restrictions had been lifted, they weren't allowed to tell people to mask up!

I told her that they most certainly COULD tell people to wear them! Their ship, their rules! Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoePost said:

What time is early dining?  Are the shows every night at the same time?

Early dining is at 5:45.  Evening shows are at the same time each night except the last night.   We found iit was  cutting it to close to make the 7:00 show so would mainly go to the later one at 8:30 in the Madison theater.1650409332199549674168876217912.thumb.jpg.981619e9d51d2eb2fba7bd3543d1b39d.jpg

2 hours ago, CampNCruise74 said:

P.S. the Cabaret Rouge has some nice shows too, but you have to get in there early to get a good seat because the sight angles are weird. 

So Le Cabaret Rouge is a seated venue? I pictured it like a dance club where everyone is standing around. I guess not. What time do their shows usually begin? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

So Le Cabaret Rouge is a seated venue? I pictured it like a dance club where everyone is standing around. I guess not. What time do their shows usually begin? Thanks!

Yes, but what is strange is sitting straight in front of the show is near impossible because of configuration of the place.  This is not theater seating.  It's cocktail tables and cushy charis.  There are floor tables which will get you super close to the action, but not good access to cocktail waitresses and bar so get your drinks ahead.  Near the upper bar there is an overlook counter that provides a good view.  Get there early!  Shows started 8:30 and 10 on my screen shot above. 

Edited by CampNCruise74
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Yes, but what is strange is sitting straight in front of the show is near impossible because of configuration of the place.  This is not theater seating.  It's cocktail tables and cushy charis.  There are floor tables which will get you super close to the action, but not good access to cocktail waitresses and bar so get your drinks ahead.  Near the upper bar there is an overlook counter that provides a good view.  Get there early!  Shows started 8:30 and 10 on my screen shot above. 

Awesome; thank you so much! We sail this Saturday.

34 minutes ago, rickmygal said:

Does MSC Seashore have evening turndown service in the cabins? Or is there only a morning room cleaning service.

Morning service and Evening turndown with clean towels, next days program, etc. On Seashore right now, to arrive at Ocean Cay at 4pm.