Golfing Excursion

tulok

We will be on Celebrity in July and I saw NCL offers golf as an excursion but as of today, Celebrity does not have one. Does anyone know if Celebrity offered one in the past? 

Thanks

52 minutes ago, tulok said:

We will be on Celebrity in July and I saw NCL offers golf as an excursion but as of today, Celebrity does not have one. Does anyone know if Celebrity offered one in the past? 

Thanks

You can book on your own. The closest course to the Dockyard is Port Royal. They even have a cruise ship special. Take a taxi to and from the course. Also in the past you could also talk to the excursion desk and they would book tee times for you. If you want to share a taxi to the course they would do a sign up for that too. Or you could ask on the CC roll call for your sailing if anyone wants to share a taxi with you. I am not a golfer but my travel friend to Bermuda is a golfer and that is how I have the above info. He golfed many times in Bermuda.

https://www.portroyalgolfcourse.com

Edited by Charles4515

19 hours ago, tulok said:

You are much better off making your own arrangements rather than going through the cruise line. Cruise line markups aside, you can access some pretty spectacular courses that the cruise lines cant such as the Mid Ocean Club which is private, but you can call and ask really nice to play mid week and they will usually accommodate. 

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

You are much better off making your own arrangements rather than going through the cruise line. Cruise line markups aside, you can access some pretty spectacular courses that the cruise lines cant such as the Mid Ocean Club which is private, but you can call and ask really nice to play mid week and they will usually accommodate. 

My friend was able to book Mid Ocean thru the cruise line excursion desk. They have arrangements with all the courses. Also there are golfers on the crew, officers, excursion staff etc so they have booked Tee times. They did not charge a markup for booking it at the time. His take on Mid Ocean was more difficult for his level than Port Royal. It is more expensive. Both courses have ocean views.

4 hours ago, SECdawg said:

@Charles4515 Do you remember how long it takes to get to Port Royal and the cost of the taxi? We have a group that are planning on playing on our May cruise.

Should take about 20 minutes. A taxi for 1-4 passengerswould be about $25 plus tip for the taxi. For 5-7  passengers about $32. There is a surcharge on Sundays nd Holidays. 

My husband and I golf at least once on every cruise and we always book it on our own. We are there in May for two days and we are playing two different courses. We hired a driver to take us to the courses both days and on one when he picks us up after our round he is giving us a private tour of the island. 

3 hours ago, tulok said:

jenlock21 how did you find their name to hire. We want to also play 2 courses. That sounds exactly what we want to do.

They came highly recommended by friends and so far I have been very impressed with their responsiveness, reviews, and willingness to be flexible (our days in Bermuda got changed last minute and they were amazing about being accommodating). Their vehicle is a van (from what I’ve read) and from the reviews I’ve read they fit larger parties comfortably even though it will just be me and my husband. We like to golf at most ports, love eating at one local spot, enjoy drinking, and like to see some scenery at every place we visit. We don’t care for shopping. Here is our plans and the prices we were given:

day one: mid ocean course. Transport to and from without tip 45$ each way. Then we plan to play mini golf and get a dark and stormy from the frog and onion.

day two port Royal golf 25$ one way and then 70$ a hour not including gratuity, for Val to take us around the island to a couple of beaches and spots we want to hit. We are paying for 5 hours even though we will probably only need 4 but I wanted to ensure we had plenty of time. But we will lean on Val to take us to some of their favorite spots along with a few places we want to visit…swizzle inn for a swizzle, a couple of beaches etc. 

Apologies for the long post. It is Val and Kareem with A+ transportation bermuda. I will do a report when we return in May. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, Charles4515 said:

You can book on your own. The closest course to the Dockyard is Port Royal. They even have a cruise ship special. Take a taxi to and from the course. Also in the past you could also talk to the excursion desk and they would book tee times for you. If you want to share a taxi to the course they would do a sign up for that too. Or you could ask on the CC roll call for your sailing if anyone wants to share a taxi with you. I am not a golfer but my travel friend to Bermuda is a golfer and that is how I have the above info. He golfed many times in Bermuda.

https://www.portroyalgolfcourse.com

Thanks for this tip.  $150 cruise deal with rental and cart is a great deal, even better that it's so close to the port

• Like 1