Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

I have a call and an email into one of Celebrity’s certified planners to ask if an up to date vaccinated passenger can be tested at the port on embarkation morning. No answer in a few days now.

What upsets me at this point is rival Princess stated in writing on their website that they will give complimentary Covid tests at the pier recognizing the one day testing rule is very inconvenient to US/Canadian passengers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pepilachat said:

Hi all

Sorry to add to the confusion re. all of this, but after some advice. My partner and I are boosted so 'up to date'. We are sailing on the edge in June from Rome, but are flying to Rome a couple of days before and staying in a hotel. 

We were thinking we could order one of these telehealth kits from the UK, take it with us and then do it (over zoom or whatever) from our hotel in Rome the day before the cruise. 

Would this work? Otherwise we are asking celebrity if we can test at the port, but still waiting for this answer!

Please come back and let us know if Celebrity answer regarding 'up to date' passengers getting tested at port

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

What upsets me at this point is rival Princess stated in writing on their website that they will give complimentary Covid tests at the pier recognizing the one day testing rule is very inconvenient to US/Canadian passengers

The one day test is inconvenient to anyone flying in, especially Rome where the airport is a long way from the port. We always fly in the day before for a Civitavecchia departure . Our flight leaves too early to get a test in the UK beforehand. 

9 hours ago, Pepilachat said:

Hi all

Sorry to add to the confusion re. all of this, but after some advice. My partner and I are boosted so 'up to date'. We are sailing on the edge in June from Rome, but are flying to Rome a couple of days before and staying in a hotel. 

We were thinking we could order one of these telehealth kits from the UK, take it with us and then do it (over zoom or whatever) from our hotel in Rome the day before the cruise. 

Would this work? Otherwise we are asking celebrity if we can test at the port, but still waiting for this answer!

We are flying in 2 days early as well for our July 4th cruise. I too am completely boosted and am following to see how this plays out. I do have some tests I ordered that I am saving for a 'rainy day', but if it's easier to test in Rome, I am good with that as well......I just don't know where or how!!!

Keep the Sun out and the Seas calm,

Andy

9 hours ago, Majkman said:

We are flying in 2 days early as well for our July 4th cruise. I too am completely boosted and am following to see how this plays out. I do have some tests I ordered that I am saving for a 'rainy day', but if it's easier to test in Rome, I am good with that as well......I just don't know where or how!!!

Keep the Sun out and the Seas calm,

Andy

Where are you staying? If Rome there are lots of pharmacy's.  If you contact your hotel they may be able to help with advice on where you can get tested. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 9:00 AM, bremenkat said:

I contacted Celebrity as well to clarify which companies we needed to use in the UK to get the test done. Apparently as long as they provide a certificate (either digital or hard copy) it doesn’t matter who we use. 
A lot of the companies will provide a certificate if you take the test at home and send them through a photo of your result. So it doesn’t look as if we have to be monitored taking the test. Iwonder if that is because the UK and Europe have dropped mostof the restrictions now if you are vaccinated? 

The tests Celebrity require have to be monitored. You can do them at home but you are monitored online.  This has been confirmed to me by four different sources including my travel agent.

The tests you mention are being accepted by P&O and Cunard only.

20 hours ago, Pepilachat said:

Hi all

That is exactly the advice Celebrity gave to me.  I am purchasing the test but as a back up in case there are errors have located via my hotel a testing site at the main railway station. Belt and braces, I've had LFT tests that have failed to produce a result in the past 

I contacted the Captains Club and a supervisor there said if up to date vaccinated you must get that Covid test 1 day prior, will not be done at the port. As testing cannot be in the US and used as it will be 2 days old, if my hotel cannot set up an appointment for me locally (requested on 4/11, still no confirmation) by FP in 3 weeks I’m out. I’ve become less enthused with waiting until landing in Italy to be tested and having to test negative to return to the US. I think until this changes I’ll stick to my usual cruising the Caribbean.

We are sailing out of Rome in September.  Leaving the US on Thursday, arriving on Friday and getting on the ship on Saturday.  We were told by Celebrity rep we could test on Thursday or Friday and it would be acceptable for a Saturday sailing.  Who knows if that will be the case by then but that's what they told us a couple days ago.  

1 hour ago, Virginia100 said:

I contacted the Captains Club and a supervisor there said if up to date vaccinated you must get that Covid test 1 day prior, will not be done at the port. As testing cannot be in the US and used as it will be 2 days old, if my hotel cannot set up an appointment for me locally (requested on 4/11, still no confirmation) by FP in 3 weeks I’m out. I’ve become less enthused with waiting until landing in Italy to be tested and having to test negative to return to the US. I think until this changes I’ll stick to my usual cruising the Caribbean.

What to stop you doing your own test before leaving the USA for your own peace of mind and then doing the celebrity required test in Italy one day pre cruise? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerfnan23 said:

We are sailing out of Rome in September.  Leaving the US on Thursday, arriving on Friday and getting on the ship on Saturday.  We were told by Celebrity rep we could test on Thursday or Friday and it would be acceptable for a Saturday sailing.  Who knows if that will be the case by then but that's what they told us a couple days ago.  

With the current protocols this wouldn’t be allowed. If you are boarding Saturday, the earliest you can test is Friday. We sail next month from Rome. We will test in the US, fly to Rome the same day, test as soon as we arrive in Rome (about 12 hours later) and board the ship the following day….and hope that nothing changes with our test in those 12 hours

2 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

With the current protocols this wouldn’t be allowed. If you are boarding Saturday, the earliest you can test is Friday. We sail next month from Rome. We will test in the US, fly to Rome the same day, test as soon as we arrive in Rome (about 12 hours later) and board the ship the following day….and hope that nothing changes with our test in those 12 hours

There's definitely a lot of conflicting information out there.  Hopefully by then we can get a straight answer that isn't contradicted everywhere else we look.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Tigerfnan23 said:

There's definitely a lot of conflicting information out there.  Hopefully by then we can get a straight answer that isn't contradicted everywhere else we look.  LOL

My information came from the Celebrity website that says we test one day before boarding. If boarding on a Saturday, Friday is one day before. Not sure how anyone could think Thursday would qualify, but who knows nowadays. The Celebrity rep was incorrect for the Rome sailing, but correct for US and Southampton sailings 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

I feel like I need a spreadsheet to figure this all out. So we're flying to London from Tampa for a visit with friends (2-3 days) and then taking a train to the Netherlands for our cruise. We're both fully vaccinated and boosted.

From what I can see we do NOT need any kind of test to enter the UK or Netherlands since we are vaccinated.

Since the cruise leaves on Thursday, we need to test Tuesday or Wednesday before sailing. If we order and pack the eMed kits I assume we can get this done from Amsterdam? Has anyone tried using one of their kits overseas? We did this from home last cruise.

Then we have to test again before debarkation but Celebrity is no longer offering that onboard? We have to buy them now? I'm concerned about trying to do one of those tests on ship WiFi to be honest but we're planning on debarking and flying directly back so we won't have a lot of time to complete it on land. I guess it appears there is a testing center at Schiphol in an emergency or we can take it at the airport.

We decided to give up and took the CWC. We moved the booking to a ship close by (Solstice) with no flying. Will try next year. We were spending almost three weeks in total in Italy before and after the cruise. Too many hoops to jump through and a risk of testing positive. Luckily United Airlines stepped up big time and extended our flight credit until 12/31/23. Since we were booked Business class the flight was more than the suite on the Edge. On to other things. I wish all of you traveling to Europe a healthy and safe trip. 🙂

• Like 1

I’m kind of hoping that the other countries will follow the U.K. soon. No restrictions (apart from hospitals and care homes) and feels like we are back to normal. 
I’m more looking forward to our holidays here than abroad at the moment 😳

It’s amazing how quickly you forget the mask wearing, social distancing etc 

5 hours ago, Tigerfnan23 said:

There's definitely a lot of conflicting information out there.  Hopefully by then we can get a straight answer that isn't contradicted everywhere else we look.  

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We decided to give up and took the CWC. We moved the booking to a ship close by (Solstice) with no flying. Will try next year. We were spending almost three weeks in total in Italy before and after the cruise. Too many hoops to jump through and a risk of testing positive. Luckily United Airlines stepped up big time and extended our flight credit until 12/31/23. Since we were booked Business class the flight was more than the suite on the Edge. On to other things. I wish all of you traveling to Europe a healthy and safe trip. 🙂

Your where I just about am. With 1 day testing for Italy embarkation you will not know for sure you can embark until your in Italy, a little late in the game, and then the logistics to be tested there, and then testing to return to the US and the crapshoot your not positive. When I booked this cruise a year ago I thought this would be done. It isn’t. I’ll stick to US ports snd the Caribbean. Don’t like it but it is what it is. Especially as I just read three more variants have been found.

A reminder that protocols are rapidly changing everywhere....in ports, from cruise lines.  

I suggest you always check your cruise line's website and the ports of call you are visiting.  Celebrity also has links to Country Travel Requirements found here:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/travel.  Remember, all of this is subject to change anytime to check the protocols regularly to stay up-to-date.