Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

4 hours ago, JezzaC said:

The wording is though that Up-to-date passengers are not required to have a test at terminal. So it might mean that they can take test in terminal if they want as well. But I will take my test one day prior and don't have to then wait that much in terminal for testing and getting results. It will be faster boarding for me then. 🙂

I Was wondering the same thing as well. We are “up-to-date”as well and only have one day before to test in our hotel room. If for some reason we don’t have a good Internet connection to do the E med test it would be nice to know that I could come to the pier and test there before I board. I have placed a call into the executive offices of Celebrity and I’m waiting to hear back to see if the up-to-date passengers can pay and receive a Covid test at the pier.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Are you sure about this? My son lives in Spain. He just returned from Italy a  few days ago and needed the form. He is leaving for Germany tomorrow and upon his return Monday he also needs it. Unless it’s only not needed from the UK it’s still required 

We are in Spain at the moment and fly back to the UK tomorrow. We needed to present vaccination proof and Spanish health/location form on arrival. No forms to fly home.

8 minutes ago, tromvest said:

I Was wondering the same thing as well. We are “up-to-date”as well and only have one day before to test in our hotel room. If for some reason we don’t have a good Internet connection to do the E med test it would be nice to know that I could come to the pier and test there before I board. I have placed a call into the executive offices of Celebrity and I’m waiting to hear back to see if the up-to-date passengers can pay and receive a Covid test at the pier.

I will look for the response with interest  as we have the same dilemma.

Edited by sunlover33

I’m finding this very confusing.  Is my understanding correct.  All fully vaccinated and boosted passengers will have to have a test at the port before boarding  for a cost of $55 per person.  What if you take a negative test a day prior. Will that  negative test be sufficient?

7 minutes ago, sls28 said:

I’m finding this very confusing.  Is my understanding correct.  All fully vaccinated and boosted passengers will have to have a test at the port before boarding  for a cost of $55 per person.  What if you take a negative test a day prior. Will that  negative test be sufficient?

No.  Up to date guests are those vaccinated and boosted.  Fully vaccinated refers to those who had primary vaccines more than 270 days and haven't had a booster

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Are you sure about this? My son lives in Spain. He just returned from Italy a  few days ago and needed the form. He is leaving for Germany tomorrow and upon his return Monday he also needs it. Unless it’s only not needed from the UK it’s still required 

Hi

Maybe it’s just the UK,,but it does say anyone holding a EU digital pass or NHS COVID pass,,,,I think the rules changed yesterday.

“If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.”

Or

“Date Published: 11/04/2022
Spain scraps SpTH Form for vaccinated UK travellers

Passengers arriving in Spain with an EU or NHS Covid Pass will not need to complete the lengthy form”

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Most European countries are lifting or lifted entry restrictions,one of the only countries to still have testing requirement for entry is the US.

Spain is a mystery,,,from the UK I can fly into Spain,drive into Spain,get a bus into Spain even walk into Spain without being tested or having to fill out a PLF/Health form.

But if I visit Spain on a cruise ship…..? Like I said a complete mystery.

Maybe they think cruise ships are huge Petri dishes for COVID.

As of a few days ago the Person Locator Form is  NO longer required for people arriving in Spain by way of a cruise ship.   The PLR form for maritime cruisers is no longer available on the we page.  One less requirement to cruise. 

16 hours ago, BigTorino said:

Vaccines not approved for children under 12 in "other countries", as simple as that -  not discrimination.

I see it more as a privilege for US kids to be able to access vaccines already at age 5.

Vaccinations are approved in many countries for 5 and up --- they are not isolating the countries where vaccinations are approved--- this rule just applies to Americans.  There is a different rule for the other 194 countries even if vaccinations are approved!  It should be the same rule across the board.... 5 and up or 12 and up --period.  

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We are in Spain at the moment and fly back to the UK tomorrow. We needed to present vaccination proof and Spanish health/location form on arrival. No forms to fly home.

Thank you for the confirmation. I thought it was still required 

I just called Celebrity CS. They said the new 1 day prior testing is protocol thru May 31 sailings. Sailings after this date will have protocols updated the first week of May. My Rome cruise FP is May 10 for August 8. I asked for extension of FP as I cannot pay for a cruise I do not know the protocols and for which the Cruise With Confidence still requires 48 hour cancellation, not one day. CS said they are now aware of CWC inconsistency with required testing for Italy snd Spain. I should call back for an update the first week of May and if testing not changed to 2 days ask for an extension of FP then. Either my current reservations all made based on 2 day prior testing will need to be changed if possible or I simply cancel.they did not know why the 1 day testing instead of 2 was made. A real mess,

9 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I just called Celebrity CS. They said the new 1 day prior testing is protocol thru May 31 sailings. Sailings after this date will have protocols updated the first week of May. My Rome cruise FP is May 10 for August 8. I asked for extension of FP as I cannot pay for a cruise I do not know the protocols and for which the Cruise With Confidence still requires 48 hour cancellation, not one day. CS said they are now aware of CWC inconsistency with required testing for Italy snd Spain. I should call back for an update the first week of May and if testing not changed to 2 days ask for an extension of FP then. Either my current reservations all made based on 2 day prior testing will need to be changed if possible or I simply cancel.they did not know why the 1 day testing instead of 2 was made. A real mess,

I'm glad to hear they are aware of the inconsistency between the 48 hours needed to cancel for 'cruise with confidence' and the one day testing protocol they have now instituted for Italy and Spain. But I certainly hope they make a change much sooner than the first week of May. We are supposed to be sailing out of Rome on the Edge on May 6 and now are faced with some tough decisions. If we fly there (and we were going to be there a couple days prior), are fine when we self test two days before and don't cancel the cruise but then come up positive the day before, we are out of luck. (And I've seen people be fine one day and test positive the next so it's possible). It seems the other major cruise lines (RCCL included) have extended their Covid coverage so I don't know why Celebrity still has theirs expiring April 30.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, truedesigngirl said:

I'm glad to hear they are aware of the inconsistency between the 48 hours needed to cancel for 'cruise with confidence' and the one day testing protocol they have now instituted for Italy and Spain. But I certainly hope they make a change much sooner than the first week of May. We are supposed to be sailing out of Rome on the Edge on May 6 and now are faced with some tough decisions. If we fly there (and we were going to be there a couple days prior), are fine when we self test two days before and don't cancel the cruise but then come up positive the day before, we are out of luck. (And I've seen people be fine one day and test positive the next so it's possible). It seems the other major cruise lines (RCCL included) have extended their Covid coverage so I don't know why Celebrity still has theirs expiring April 30.

The CS rep I spoke to said CWC was extended thru September but the 48 hour cancellation provision was not adjusted for the 1 day testing in Europe. I agree the way the protocols are worded those boosted like me can opt for testing at the terminal. But if positive do I get a full FCC? How does my return flight get changed? I’ve just wasted a RT to Rome from the US. If I cannot arrange a testing before  I leave, I’m canceled. With 1 day testing that means my Rome flight from Washington DC arrives on the day of embarkation at 8:10AM. Little time to spare. And if CWC doesn’t change to 24 hours cancellation I’m out also. I’ve gone from 100.% going to who know !! Someone needs to really think these protocols thru,

• Like 1

I seem to remember for mainland Europe last year that everyone got tested at port at celebritys expense and if positive they gave a full refund. Surely after another year of covid with the added advantage of jabs things should be easier not more difficult. 

We arrive in Civitavecchia the day before but its a Sunday. May have to do it at FCO on arrival 

19 hours ago, KruznKimmie said:

Thanks for posting.  There is no information on the link about excursions in Naples & Greece.

Does anyone know if we can arrange our own tours in Greece & Naples?

I had called two months ago and there were no restrictions. So, yes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I seem to remember for mainland Europe last year that everyone got tested at port at celebritys expense and if positive they gave a full refund. Surely after another year of covid with the added advantage of jabs things should be easier not more difficult. 

We arrive in Civitavecchia the day before but its a Sunday. May have to do it at FCO on arrival 

I agree testing at the terminal may be the best option, But if positive even if fcc is issued, I doubt that will cover the RT airfare. Are you comfortable with that risk?

Even with the two day testing rule CWC is out and could not be used if one tested positive prior to their cruise. CWC and Covid assistance is two totally separate programs. According to the below schedule from Celebrity our Saturday sailing would have to be canceled by the Wednesday “before” the cruise using CWC. With the former two day testing rule, one has to test either Thursday or Friday for our Saturday departure. That would not leave CWC as an option if you test positive prior to the cruise. Also, Covid assistance ends as of 4/30/22 which means no compensation for testing positive prior to the cruise unless Celebrity decides to extend the program which as of today has not happened. 

3C784446-F83A-494E-878A-1DCA2948D24F.png

13 minutes ago, MorganEffie said:

We are all at the mercy of each country that we visit. What’s in effect today may not be tomorrow which is why Celebrity added this to their updates yesterday.

Based upon conditions or regulations in the countries you will visit, you may be required to go ashore on a shore excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises. These decisions are always made with your health and safety as our top priority.

29 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Even with the two day testing rule CWC is out and could not be used if one tested positive prior to their cruise. CWC and Covid assistance is two totally separate programs. According to the below schedule from Celebrity our Saturday sailing would have to be canceled by the Wednesday “before” the cruise using CWC. With the former two day testing rule, one has to test either Thursday or Friday for our Saturday departure. That would not leave CWC as an option if you test positive prior to the cruise. Also, Covid assistance ends as of 4/30/22 which means no compensation for testing positive prior to the cruise unless Celebrity decides to extend the program which as of today has not happened. 

This makes my cruise an expensive game of chance, especially with rising Covid cases again. So if those going out of Spain and Italy test positive at the terminal no FCC or other compensation?

It would be great if they would give FCC if you test positive and can’t cruise…it seems like a Royal has extended it until April 2023. I kind of understand that they wanted to end the Cruise with Confidence where you can cancel for any reason up to 2 days before your cruise…I guess only time will tell.

• Like 1

Well, at least I found out the European Union Healthy Guidelines (EUHG) are the ones setting the 1 day prior to embarkation testing requirements. With that these rules are fixed for the summer. On Princess due to this testing timeline, Covid testing at the terminal will be complimentary. Celebrity??

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

We are all at the mercy of each country that we visit. What’s in effect today may not be tomorrow which is why Celebrity added this to their updates yesterday.

Based upon conditions or regulations in the countries you will visit, you may be required to go ashore on a shore excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises. These decisions are always made with your health and safety as our top priority.

Well yes, and no. So far there are no restrictions and have not been for quite some time. I always recommend checking before you go and booking refundable, pay a few days before, tours. But it’s also not uncommon for cruise lines to post advisories like this because it makes it more likely for people to book overpriced tours with the cruise line. To each their own!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MorganEffie said:

I may be wrong here but two months ago Celebrity wasn't sailing to Greece or Naples so of course the customer service rep who answered the call said they had no restrictions. Even if you called just two weeks ago the same customer service rep would have stated that on the Equinox masks were optional but now currently masks are required. Point is two months is along time and a lot can change in a covid world. 

Well, I looked at the Celebrity website and it only mentions Spain requiring the 1 day pre embarkation Covid test, not Italy. I called CS again snd they assured me only Spain required the 1day test, no other European departures. All others are the usual 2 day prior embarkation test.
anyone  confused yet??

36 minutes ago, MorganEffie said:

Well yes, and no. So far there are no restrictions and have not been for quite some time. I always recommend checking before you go and booking refundable, pay a few days before, tours. But it’s also not uncommon for cruise lines to post advisories like this because it makes it more likely for people to book overpriced tours with the cruise line. To each their own!

And my comment is that it “can” change in a moments notice and your 100% correct……To each their own…

21 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was surprised to see Italy was one day prior testing. I had read that about Spain but not Italy. It makes it basically impossible to test before leaving the US. 

I just talked to Celebrity CS and like their website only Spain is identified as 1 day pre embarkation testing. The CS rep assured me Italy departures are still requiring only the 2 day prior embarkation testing not 1. Anyone have contradicting info ?