Celebrity Europe Travel Requirements --- For Your Viewing Pleasure!

jwlane

23 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Well, I looked at the Celebrity website and it only mentions Spain requiring the 1 day pre embarkation Covid test, not Italy. I called CS again snd they assured me only Spain required the 1day test, no other European departures. All others are the usual 2 day prior embarkation test.
anyone  confused yet??

Below is what I’m looking at on Celebrity’s website and it clearly shows testing one day prior for Italy for guests who are “up to date” on vaccines and boosters. I also have an issue with a cruise line rep stating something that does not match what is printed on their website. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

BD34F0EA-8A9D-467D-8AA8-6D823EB688EB.png

9 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Below is what I’m looking at on Celebrity’s website and it clearly shows testing one day prior for Italy for guests who are “up to date” on vaccines and boosters. I also have an issue with a cruise line rep stating something that does not match what is printed on their website. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

BD34F0EA-8A9D-467D-8AA8-6D823EB688EB.png

Thanks that CS rep I spoke with was dead wrong and incorrect. As I cannot test before my flight leaving the US now (was 2 days) and I will not chance being in Italy and then testing positive I’m done and out. 

5 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I will look for the response with interest  as we have the same dilemma.

Sunlover:

Looks like celebrity just changed the testing days for Spain departure. “Up

to date” is now 2 days in advance of boarding. 
this makes things a bit easier. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

Thanks that CS rep I spoke with was dead wrong and incorrect. As I cannot test before my flight leaving the US now (was 2 days) and I will not chance being in Italy and then testing positive I’m done and out. 

I suggest that you give this a little more time and see if things change. Just keep an eye out on Celebrity’s website.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cw2go said:

I may be wrong here but two months ago Celebrity wasn't sailing to Greece or Naples so of course the customer service rep who answered the call said they had no restrictions. Even if you called just two weeks ago the same customer service rep would have stated that on the Equinox masks were optional but now currently masks are required. Point is two months is along time and a lot can change in a covid world. 

Yes, correct. Which is why I advocate booking tours that can be changed quickly. But I’m answering the original poster’s question which is there are no restrictions…Italy itself is loosening restrictions. We all know this can change, but there also isn’t a reason to get overly anxious about it. People on this board are trying to help their fellow travelers, and while we may be frustrated with changing policy, it’s no reason to get snarky as some people have done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

I suggest that you give this a little more time and see if things change. Just keep an eye out on Celebrity’s website.

Im sailing from Barcelona and yesterday we were to test one day before boarding (up to date) for our May 3rd departure. Tonight, Celebrity changed it to 2 days. 
Keep checking website and hopefully Italy will change to two days

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

I agree testing at the terminal may be the best option, But if positive even if fcc is issued, I doubt that will cover the RT airfare. Are you comfortable with that risk?

The risk isn't much different than having to source our own test the day before as most travellers will already be in the country of embarkation by then. The alternative is testing in home country the day before and flying in on the day of departure which with the massive aviation delays and cancellations going on right now would be a big risk  especially as in Rome the port is a long way from the airport. 

I would do my own LFT at home before flying to Rome to check I'm negative

Edited by sgmn

6 hours ago, tromvest said:

Im sailing from Barcelona and yesterday we were to test one day before boarding (up to date) for our May 3rd departure. Tonight, Celebrity changed it to 2 days. 
Keep checking website and hopefully Italy will change to two days

The crazy thing is, passengers from UK have no need to test for entry into Spain, provided they have had the full vaccination course, less that 270 days prior (+ booster if more than 270 days)

This is on the UK Gov web site.

Yesterday, this was on the Celebrity UK web site 

The test to board will need to be undertaken 1 day before departure, EXCEPT for Southampton where you are Up to Date and then it is 2 days before.

Edited by upwarduk

I am U.K. based and doing a short May cruise on Silhouette not including Spain. I understand that I need to test in the two days prior to testing. Has anyone established if it’s a supervised / Celebrity accredited test or can it be a self administered LFT ( non NHS).  

Just now, Stu UK said:

I am U.K. based and doing a short May cruise on Silhouette not including Spain. I understand that I need to test in the two days prior to testing. Has anyone established if it’s a supervised / Celebrity accredited test or can it be a self administered LFT ( non NHS).  

I contacted Celebrity as well to clarify which companies we needed to use in the UK to get the test done. Apparently as long as they provide a certificate (either digital or hard copy) it doesn’t matter who we use. 
A lot of the companies will provide a certificate if you take the test at home and send them through a photo of your result. So it doesn’t look as if we have to be monitored taking the test. Iwonder if that is because the UK and Europe have dropped mostof the restrictions now if you are vaccinated? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bremenkat said:

I contacted Celebrity as well to clarify which companies we needed to use in the UK to get the test done. Apparently as long as they provide a certificate (either digital or hard copy) it doesn’t matter who we use. 
A lot of the companies will provide a certificate if you take the test at home and send them through a photo of your result. So it doesn’t look as if we have to be monitored taking the test. Iwonder if that is because the UK and Europe have dropped mostof the restrictions now if you are vaccinated? 

That’s great. Randox seems to fit the bill at £13

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

That’s great. Randox seems to fit the bill at £13

I would be very careful as everything on celebrity’s website suggests the test has to be supervised, either in person or over video. From past experience contacting celebrity asking for something to be clarified can frequently lead to the wrong information being given. It is fairly obvious that if a non supervised test was allowed people could do the test for others avoiding a genuine result.  I can’t see that being accepted.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rachiem said:

I am checking in for my May 21st Rome cruise on the Edge. Check in clearly states that only fully vaccinated passengers (and not up to date) need to be tested.

So confusing now!

Only fully vaccinated passengers need to be tested *at the terminal*, at their own expense.  All up to date passengers need to have a test result in their hand when checking in for the cruise.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iandjm said:

Only fully vaccinated passengers need to be tested *at the terminal*, at their own expense.  All up to date passengers need to have a test result in their hand when checking in for the cruise.  Hope this helps. 

It's telling me I don't need to get a test when I check in on the App and the Website? I've emailed for clarity. Maybe because it's just Greek ports of call?

1 minute ago, rachiem said:

It's telling me I don't need to get a test when I check in on the App and the Website? I've emailed for clarity. Maybe because it's just Greek ports of call?

Have a look at the requirements page on the website. It clearly shows pre tests are required. I’m sailing from Rome on 13th May so have the same testing required.  Logically thinking there’s no way they are letting anyone on a ship without being tested.  Hope you have a great cruise. It will all be worth it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

I would be very careful as everything on celebrity’s website suggests the test has to be supervised, either in person or over video. From past experience contacting celebrity asking for something to be clarified can frequently lead to the wrong information being given. It is fairly obvious that if a non supervised test was allowed people could do the test for others avoiding a genuine result.  I can’t see that being accepted.  

I'm having the same challenge to work out what can and can't be used. From what I can see on Celebrity's website, antigen tests must be supervised (by a doctor, health professional or tele-health).

The tele-health tests have to be US FDA approved. However, the tests for sale in the UK (while suitable for UK travellers flying to the US) are not US FDA approved (because they are sold for the European market and not available in the US) and are instead CE (EU) approved.

We are looking at changing our flights to be in Italy 2 days earlier to facilitate testing there, as I can't find a supervised antigen tests that meets the Celebrity requirements (or at least the requirements currently on their website, which have been designed only for US travellers!).

It's a real nightmare.

7 minutes ago, travelsoftwo said:

I'm having the same challenge to work out what can and can't be used. From what I can see on Celebrity's website, antigen tests must be supervised (by a doctor, health professional or tele-health).

The tele-health tests have to be US FDA approved. However, the tests for sale in the UK (while suitable for UK travellers flying to the US) are not US FDA approved (because they are sold for the European market and not available in the US) and are instead CE (EU) approved.

We are looking at changing our flights to be in Italy 2 days earlier to facilitate testing there, as I can't find a supervised antigen tests that meets the Celebrity requirements (or at least the requirements currently on their website, which have been designed only for US travellers!).

It's a real nightmare.

I think quite a few of us are going to have this issue, I'm flying from Canada on a Friday for a Monday cruise so I'm hoping if the telehealth is not an option I still have time to get a test done

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The crazy thing is, passengers from UK have no need to test for entry into Spain, provided they have had the full vaccination course, less that 270 days prior (+ booster if more than 270 days)

This is on the UK Gov web site.

Yesterday, this was on the Celebrity UK web site 

The test to board will need to be undertaken 1 day before departure, EXCEPT for Southampton where you are Up to Date and then it is 2 days before.

Have just spoken with Carl at X and he says that this is wrong...it's 1 day for Spain and 2 days for everywhere else??

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

Have a look at the requirements page on the website. It clearly shows pre tests are required. I’m sailing from Rome on 13th May so have the same testing required.  Logically thinking there’s no way they are letting anyone on a ship without being tested.  Hope you have a great cruise. It will all be worth it.  

Just spoke with X and they tell me two days before for Italy now (only Spain needs to be the day before) which contradicts the UK FB page and APP check in.

I just spoke to Celebrity CS and she said up to date vaccinated passengers can be tested at the port. This may delay your boarding based on the number being tested. She said you could arrive early if you want this testing. As my confidence in the information I’ve gotten from CS in the last day seems to be inconsistent has anybody else verified ?

Additionally, in terminal 3 of Rome airport there is a testing area for departing and arriving passengers, you a need a ticket to use. Has anyone used this or plan to?

4 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Just spoke with X and they tell me two days before for Italy now (only Spain needs to be the day before) which contradicts the UK FB page and APP check in.

That’s the opposite of their web page, see link in prior posts.

13 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I just spoke to Celebrity CS and she said up to date vaccinated passengers can be tested at the port. This may delay your boarding based on the number being tested. She said you could arrive early if you want this testing. As my confidence in the information I’ve gotten from CS in the last day seems to be inconsistent has anybody else verified ?

Additionally, in terminal 3 of Rome airport there is a testing area for departing and arriving passengers, you a need a ticket to use. Has anyone used this or plan to?

We are testing at the airport in Rome. We will test at home at Walgreens and then go directly to the airport for our flight to Rome. Once we arrive in Rome we will test again for our sailing the next day. Hopefully nothing changes in the 15 hours between testing. I was hoping that the test we will take before leaving the US would suffice for sailing, but changing the requirement to testing one day before messes up that option 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Below is the message I sent to Celebrity and the response I got from Jack. 

Hello

I have just seen the updated Southampton travel requirements for this summer. As up to date guests we have to take a pre-arrival test. On the website it only provides details of a test kit provided in the US. 
Can you advise which kits we can use for UK customers? Are there any restrictions on the companies we can use as there are various suppliers in the UK who offer tests with digital/hard copy certificates? 

Many thanks

Hi 

Thank you for your message,

We do not have any recommended providers for the UK.

As long as they provide your result on a certificate that can be emailed to you that is perfect.

Thanks,

Jack

so definitely not going to be US FDA approved but then even the info on Celebrity UK is geared more to the US than the UK.