Very Disappointed with Princess

Meditrina

We spent thousands of dollars with Princess for cruises that got cancelled due to COVID.  Now, we have $2200+ in future cruise credits (money we paid to Princess), that has to be used by 12/31/2022.  We have already cruised this year (in March) and Princess would not apply those funds to that cruise, since we didn't get the funds until Feb 2022.   We cannot cruise again this year - do to work and family obligations.  I just got done with chatting with Princess, and they will not extend beyond Dec 2022.  So, that's $2K down the drain.  They won't even honor the Cruise With Confidence guarantee that you get 12 months to use your FCC (extending it to Feb 2023 at least). 

29 minutes ago, Meditrina said:

Now, we have $2200+ in future cruise credits (money we paid to Princess), that has to be used by 12/31/2022.

You should be able to book by the end of the year for a cruise that is far out into the future.  Just wait for a "sale" where the deposit is $1 or fully refundable.  Book a cruise that you don't intend to take, and then cancel it as the date gets closer in time to the cruise but when you still get all (or at least 75%) of your money back in FCC.  That should start the clock running again for you to use that FCC for still another year.  

44 minutes ago, Meditrina said:

We spent thousands of dollars with Princess for cruises that got cancelled due to COVID.  Now, we have $2200+ in future cruise credits (money we paid to Princess), that has to be used by 12/31/2022.  We have already cruised this year (in March) and Princess would not apply those funds to that cruise, since we didn't get the funds until Feb 2022.   We cannot cruise again this year - do to work and family obligations.  I just got done with chatting with Princess, and they will not extend beyond Dec 2022.  So, that's $2K down the drain.  They won't even honor the Cruise With Confidence guarantee that you get 12 months to use your FCC (extending it to Feb 2023 at least). 

you "did" have the option to have those funds refunded at 100%, but you "chose" to let it ride, and possibly some bonus FCC, correct ?

37 minutes ago, Meditrina said:

Suggestion-

Did Cruise with Confidence get extended to book by May 30/22 & sail by September 30/22?

if so:

apply FCC to a cruise that you will cancel with confidence more then 30 days before sailing ( a cruise in September)

when I did this my FCC were automatically extended to September 30/23

a few were extended to

Feb 23.

I had paid in full.

there was a wait to get all FCC back into my account.

• Like 2

2 cruises were cancelled by Princess and we rebooked.  The 3rd time (the last rebooked cruise) we cancelled due to Delta variant risk in UK - and cancelled based on the cruise with confidence policy on the latest date possible.  We didn’t get our credit issued to our account for over 6 months. Too late to use for a cruise we had scheduled in March.  No refund available.  And it must be booked and sail by 12/2022.  

If Princess cancelled a cruise, then the refund FCC for the money you paid should be refundable. Any bonus FCC in addition to money you paid is not refundable.

Look at Future Cruise Credits under My Account on the Cruise Personalizer. I have the following Description for credits from a cancelled cruise:

• "Used For Goodwill Fccs"
  • "Cash Value Fcc-voy Xxxxx-100%"

They both say "Book By 12/31/22 and Sail By 12/31/22".

The "Cash Value Fcc-voy Xxxxx-100%" was a refund for money I paid. It will be refunded if not used.

The "Used For Goodwill Fccs" was bonus FCC above what I paid. It will disappear if not used.

I understand from your recent post (posted while I was writing) that your FCC is from the Cruise with Confidence Policy - not from cancelled cruises. My previous comments are not applicable in this case. They would be applicable for FCC that was received from a cruise cancelled by Princess.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Meditrina said:

We didn’t get our credit issued to our account for over 6 months. Too late to use for a cruise we had scheduled in March. 

I think it is terrible that Princess won’t expedite a credit to pay for another booked cruise. They have your money, so the phone reps or PVPs should be empowered to manually move the pending credit to a new booking.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mo Jito said:

I think it is terrible that Princess won’t expedite a credit to pay for another booked cruise. They have your money, so the phone reps or PVPs should be empowered to manually move the pending credit to a new booking.

Some reps can and some can’t- just move FCC over when you use book with Confidence with Covid concerns being stated as reason for cancellation.  There is a cancellation fee which is returned as a FCC.

I have dealt with both types of Princess reps on 2 cruises .