Formal night, pink dress?

My beutiful 16 year old daughter wore red for 1 formal night and lime green for another. I was a little more reserved in purple then bottle green.

I would say that 60% of ladies went for black.

We saw all colours - I particularly remember a very dark-skinned woman who looked stunning in bright canary yellow.

I'm sure that the pink will be fabulous - go for it!

You all are funny. I suppose I could be "fabulous" in pink. LOL I look like death in black. :eek: I am very light skined and have natural black hair! I was thinking since it is august, people should wear lighter colors! =} I can't imagine "canary yellow" That was a brave and confident woman!

Thanks

Cindy

Last cruise the first formal night I wore royal purple and the second formal night I wore fire engine red - and I loved every minute of it. This time I know that one outfit will be bright blue but I'm not sure of the second night yet (but then I have until October!!). Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will look lovely - Jan

Black is certainly the most frequently seen colour, but people wear everything - you'll look great in pink and won't stick out at all! Believe me, the people who stick out, do so for reasons other than what colour they're wearing!! ;)

Agree with other people - wear what you feel you look beautiful in: if you feel beautiful, you will undoubtedly look great - no matter what the colour...

Hve seen ALL colours on cruises - I choose a lot of black, but this world would be far too boring if we all looked the same ;)

Boo

You all are funny. I suppose I could be "fabulous" in pink. LOL I look like death in black. :eek: I am very light skined and have natural black hair! I was thinking since it is august, people should wear lighter colors! =} I can't imagine "canary yellow" That was a brave and confident woman!

Thanks

Cindy

If you "look like death in black", then save that one for your funeral.

Personally I think it's fun to stand out. I wear a lot of vintage from the 50s and early 60s. On my last cruise I wore a metallic silver cocktail dress one night and a sea green flowered dress with a full skirt the next formal night. It was fun!

And P.S., pink is my FAVORITE color. I'm willing to bet you will get a ton of compliments in that color!

Thankyou so much everyone for your replies! I will wear my pink dress proudly, maybe I will start a trend. Haha. I even bought some cute silver sandal/pumps from Zappos. Got to check that place out! I feel confident now that I will look fine.:)

Thanks again!

Cindy

Archived