Where do you park for cruises out of San Francisco

mrstmaxx

Husband doesn't fly so we generally have rented a car to drive from southern California but rental prices are so high we figured it would be less expense to drive and park near the terminal.  Would appreciate any suggestions as to where you park and about how far away it is from the terminal.  Also, would appreciate any good or bad experiences you've had.    Thank you

8 hours ago, mrstmaxx said:

Husband doesn't fly so we generally have rented a car to drive from southern California but rental prices are so high we figured it would be less expense to drive and park near the terminal.  Would appreciate any suggestions as to where you park and about how far away it is from the terminal.  Also, would appreciate any good or bad experiences you've had.    Thank you

Have you considered taking the train?

Thank you so much Wavesprite!!!!  Really appreciate this.  I will keep this info for our future cruises.

Brisalta - we have considered taking the train but it would be more expensive because we'd have to go up a day early and leave a day later because of the Amtrak schedule.  But we do love Amtrak:)

On 4/19/2022 at 5:33 PM, chicopaige said:

Just used parking garage 80 Francisco shown above.

It was great, easy and secure. Cost for week long cruise was $160.

Did you use this garage since the change in ownership to ABM Parking? Did you reserve using the google form? The lack of a formal website for reservations is making me second guess this option but it doesn't seem like there are any good alternatives, so I'm hoping to hear a bit more about your experience to give me some peace of mind. Thanks!

I used it April 11, 2022.  I would either call or email Ronald and leave your contact information and cruise dates to him.  He can answer any questions you might have.  I paid online.  He sent me a parking voucher which you need to print out and bring to garage when you come. It was a great experience and very convenient to the cruise terminal, just a couple blocks away.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, jsn55 said:

Great to find parking info here.  Can we drive up to the ship and unload our bags before parking the car?

Yes, as long as you time it to when the porters are accepting bags for loading.  11am or later usually.  Pier 27 usually unless two cruise ships are in port in which case pier 35 also.

• Like 1