Family Veranda - what class??

jojo1966

We've sailed in many FVs (including Eclipse, three times) and have yet to ever see that on an Xpress Pass. 

The A1 muster location is correct for an Eclipse FV. 

Edited by mahdnc

Hi JoJo - great question! We were recently in a family Oceanview cabin on the Equinox, a sister S class ship this past March. Our cabin was designated as a veranda and not a suite. It was as big as a huge suite - but only came with veranda amenities, so for example we were assigned to MDR not Luminae. 

We loved the space of the cabin. It was so comfortable to have a giant living area and bedroom. Our steward was awesome and MDR food delicious. 

Only downside was the seas were a bit rough & felt in the front of the ship and the noise from anchor & thrusters. But the positives outweighed these 2 negatives for us. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Hmm...thanks for all the replies - i guess i will have to wait and see if there any benefits associated with it when we board - suspect it could be the reclassification that wrk2cruise has mentioned - although has eclipse even been revolutionised?? 

Perhaps, although there is only one S class ship (Silhouette) who had her FVs converted into suites. We sailed in a Solstice FV after Silhouette's conversion and our Xpress Pass was not marked like that. 

Edited by mahdnc

• 8 months later...

Hi jojo1966

Hope you enjoyed your cruise - which must have been a few months ago now! The exact same thing has happened to us (Xpress Pass says Suite Class for a Family Veranda cabin)

I'm curious about what the story was in the end?

I think all family verandas at the front of the ship have been converted and reclassified as Horizon Suites.   The former aft SS  are now called Sunset suites.    On a cruise that I booked the Horizon Suites cost more than a Celebrity Suite.  The Sunset are more than a SS.  All the aft suites are sunset and cost the same including the corner suites that used to cost more than a aft SS.  

I think you can contribute all of these changes to the advice that people on Cruise Critic would give about the best and most desirable cabins.   Since they were and are considered the best Celebrity seen a opportunity to charge a premium for them.   

Stuff like this is a reason I don’t like to recommend certain things on this forum as it gives the cruise lines ideas to charge extra for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅