Hotel Recommendations for Miami Cruise Port

AF-1

My wife and I will be sailing on Freedom of the Seas on Jan 2023.  We are flying in two day prior and would love to hear about hotels near the cruise port where you can walk around and do some shopping and eat.  I read there is a metrorail that transports you from the cruise port area to the Brickell area.  Thanks for any recommendations.   I am open to all comments.  cheers

I just stayed at the EB hotel in Miami a couple weeks ago for two days prior to my cruise. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. If the cruise line is still requiring Covid testing they have testing right there at the hotel which is convenient since I didn’t have a car. 

I need reservations as well, for a nice clean hotel that's NOT old.  I have the marriott that's right by the port but has bad reviews.  I just stayed in san antonio for three days (air force graduation) and we had terrible beds, old hotel and we were miserable.  any recommendations would be appreciated. 

40 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I just stayed at the EB hotel in Miami a couple weeks ago for two days prior to my cruise. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. If the cruise line is still requiring Covid testing they have testing right there at the hotel which is convenient since I didn’t have a car. 

is the EB in downtown Miami by the cruise port?

33 minutes ago, hollon said:

I need reservations as well, for a nice clean hotel that's NOT old.  I have the marriott that's right by the port but has bad reviews.  I just stayed in san antonio for three days (air force graduation) and we had terrible beds, old hotel and we were miserable.  any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Did you stay at riverwalk Marriott in San Antonio? Hopefully some more people will chime in in the next few days.

Edited by AF-1

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Did you stay at riverwalk Marriott in San Antonio? Hopefully some more people will chime in in the next few days.

no, that was my mistake, i stayed at the Sonesta Hilton a block away from riverwalk.  

14 hours ago, kenb said:

We stayed at the Hampton/Brickell. Close to the port.

I almost booked that hotel but chose Courtyard Mariott since it's a little closer to Bayside Marketplace

On 4/24/2022 at 6:49 AM, AF-1 said:

My wife and I will be sailing on Freedom of the Seas on Jan 2023.  We are flying in two day prior and would love to hear about hotels near the cruise port where you can walk around and do some shopping and eat.  I read there is a metrorail that transports you from the cruise port area to the Brickell area.  Thanks for any recommendations.   I am open to all comments.  cheers

Love doubletree brickell many of the rooms have view of the ships , love waking up and seeing our ship, lobby area is shared with Marriott and has dozens of restaurants and stores including a liquor store and some of the restaurants have live music, so no need to leave hotel . We normally eat at the Italian restaurant that also has good pizza.

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Love doubletree brickell many of the rooms have view of the ships , love waking up and seeing our ship, lobby area is shared with Marriott and has dozens of restaurants and stores including a liquor store and some of the restaurants have live music, so no need to leave hotel . We normally eat at the Italian restaurant that also has good pizza.

Is this the Doubletree on North Bashore Drive? So there is a Marriott there too? Is the italian restaurant in hotel or nearby?

Edited by AF-1

21 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Is this the Doubletree on North Bashore Drive? So there is a Marriott there too? Is the italian restaurant in hotel or nearby?

Yes, and the Italian restaurant is right in lobby , other restaurants are right there also in same lobby area .

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We loved the YVE right across from bayside , lots of shopping and restaurants, and you can see the cruise ships from the hotel. A 5 minute drive to the port.

Thanks for your feedback.  

• Like 1

Just now, George C said:

Yes, and the Italian restaurant is right in lobby , other restaurants are right there also in same lobby area .

Ten minute taxi to cruise port?  How far is this hotel from the Skywheel and marketplace?

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Ten minute taxi to cruise port?  How far is this hotel from the Skywheel and marketplace?

If breakfast is included it will be in the Italian restaurant, because of our Hilton status we always get free breakfast there . 

10 hours ago, George C said:

If breakfast is included it will be in the Italian restaurant, because of our Hilton status we always get free breakfast there . 

Yea I get that, I am lifetime Diamond with Hilton and Lifetime Gold with Marriott.  Thanks for your input

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, AF-1 said:

Can you tell me which Marriott it shares the lobby with?  I have Marriott points to use.  Thank you.