Vacuum Seal Bags

Does Carnival allow small portable vacuums on the ship? I have two memory foam pillows that I want to take on our cruise but they take up so much room in the luggage. I was thinking about buying those vacuum sealed bags however I would need to also bring the small portable vacuum to compress the bags again before we disembark. Thank you!

No experience in trying it, but they may let it on. One other option is the type of roll-up vacuum bag, it has a one-way valve on it, that when you roll the item up, the air is pushed out and can't easily come back in. 

• Like 4

Carnival has a list on their help pages with everything they do not allow. Vacuums are not on that list. I question how much space you save vs. just carrying the pillow but that's not for me to judge I suppose.

• Like 1

We often take an eggcrate to put on top of the mattress. At the end of the cruise, we remove it and ask our room steward about using their vacuum to extract the air. They have always been happy to assist. We don't wait until the last morning--do it the day before the cruise ends. 

• Like 3

I also take an egg crate everywhere we travel due to bursitis. I have a very small electric rechargeable pump that is used to blow up air mattresses. When I say small, I mean fit in the palm of my hand small. Used in reverse, it can vacuum a sealed bag. Search flex tail gear. I have had it for years and it is amazing. 

In preparation for our upcoming cruise, I bought some new space saver bags. I bought that specific brand and my pack of 8 came with a relatively small hand pump that works surprisingly well. It isn’t as small as my electric rechargeable, but it is packable. I haven’t decided which to use in June. 

But either of these options are an easy choice for vacuum sealing a pillow. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, MalleyCat said:

We bought vacuum sealed bags a few years ago that came with a small pump. We bring it with us every cruise.

We've used these for traveling as well (but not on a cruise ... yet).  Love the non-electric pump.  No issues.