Platinum Luggage Tags

JDCMN

Hello!

My wife and I are both platinum and are sharing a stateroom with another guest who is not platinum.

I know the third guest will be able to board at the same time but my question is about the luggage tags and luggage delivery.

It’s been a while since I’ve cruised but from what I remember, the luggage tags for all people in a room indicated Priority.

Now that they’ve done away with Priority boarding, two of the luggage tags indicate Platinum and the third luggage tag has no indication.

So here’s the question (yes, I know, finally! LOL) – When the luggage is dropped off at the pier, will all the luggage be delivered at the same time due to being in the same stateroom? Or will the platinum luggage be delivered separately from the third guest’s luggage?

Would it be beneficial to put the platinum luggage tags on all the luggage regardless of the passenger name?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

. It's all random times these days even for Diamond members. Diamond or Platinum labels on the tags are pointless, meaningless.  If they load all your room luggage in the same bin more than likely, you'll get it around the same time.

It can't hurt to put platinum tags on all the luggage, as you are sharing a stateroom.  We (Platinum) did not get our luggage until 5:30 last cruise - well after sail-away.  

• Like 1

Since they are staying in your room a simple solution would be to just put one of your luggage tags on their bag.

I know that a lot of people are saying it doesn't matter, but on all three of our cruises since return our luggage has arrived quickly.  On Mardi Gras cruise last week, our luggage was there around 12:15 even though our room wasn't ready then.

• Like 2

I am Platinum, my SO isn’t, so we use my tags on all luggage.  I also know which one of us would be at Guest Services trying to track down late/missing luggage, so my name might as well be on the luggage 😂

• Like 2

I've found that even if you tag all bags with Priority tags and drop them with the porter at the same time, it's a crapshoot on when it actually gets delivered. We've had our bags delivered an hour or more apart after dropping them off together. 

54 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

We've had our bags delivered an hour or more apart after dropping them off together. 

They are competing with the airlines who have a similar operating practices.

I once gave two bags to an airline and told the lady I was going to Hawaii, and one bag was going to Orlando, and the other to Dallas.

She said "We can't do that."

I asked "Why not? You did last time."

I think the platinum badge on the luggage tag is to make you feel good. The handlers pay no mind. They sort the bags onto carts bound for deck, port, starboard, aft, or forward. Then deliver using the least amount of walking possible.

Edited by Moviela
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moviela said:

They are competing with the airlines who have a similar operating practices.

I once gave two bags to an airline and told the lady I was going to Hawaii, and one bag was going to Orlando, and the other to Dallas.

She said "We can't do that."

I asked "Why not? You did last time."

I think the platinum badge on the luggage tag is to make you feel good. The handlers pay no mind. They sort the bags onto carts bound for deck, port, starboard, aft, or forward. Then deliver using the least amount of walking possible.

Correct, not since the porters tagged priority bags with a brightly colored tag and put the bags into a separate cart 

Thank you all so much for your responses! 

It sounds like the best way to go is to use my Platinum luggage tags for all the luggage in the cabin. 

Happy Cruising!