Help! I need insurance for "cancel for ANY reason"

hollon

The cruise lines insurance would probably be best if you are already booked.

3rd party CFAR insurance usually requires you purchase shortly after making down payment, might only be 50% of cruise refund, and usually requires that you cancel at least 48 hours before trip departure.

Whereas, the cruise lines insurance is included in the basic plan, can buy anytime, usually up to 75% of cruise refund but in form of credit, and allows you to cancel up scheduled ship departure time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hollon said:

Can someone provide an insurance policy/company for the "cancel for any reason"?  Thank you so very much.

What cruise line. Some of the cruise line CFAR coverage is better than anything you can get from a third party.  Others, not so much.

11 hours ago, hollon said:

Can someone provide an insurance policy/company for the "cancel for any reason"?  Thank you so very much.

When is your cruise, and when did you make your *first* payment (refundable or not)?

GC

On 5/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, GeezerCouple said:

When is your cruise, and when did you make your *first* payment (refundable or not)?

GC

I made my cruise april 28th so it couldn't be refundable.  cruise is may 21st.  i saw some insurance companies that offered 50 % back for "cancel for any reason" is that about right

On 5/6/2022 at 3:51 PM, Jersey42 said:

What cruise line. Some of the cruise line CFAR coverage is better than anything you can get from a third party.  Others, not so much.

oh i didn't really that.  i'll call royal caribbean

49 minutes ago, hollon said:

I made my cruise april 28th so it couldn't be refundable.  cruise is may 21st.  i saw some insurance companies that offered 50 % back for "cancel for any reason" is that about right

Please call www.TripInsuranceStore.com

CALL, do not rely upon the brief online summaries of policies.

Note:  There are DEADLINES to get some kinds of coverages, including CFAR, so time may be of the essence.  (10-20 days from the *first* payment, depending upon state of residence at the least.)

Keep in mind that cruiselines may give the CFAR refund in *credits* with an expiration date; third party insurance will usually give 75% cash back and you can decide where and when to spend it, without deadlines or cruiseline restrictions.

We have purchased many policies from TIS and had several claims, including large ones.  All were paid without difficulty.

GC

19 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Please call www.TripInsuranceStore.com

CALL, do not rely upon the brief online summaries of policies.

Note:  There are DEADLINES to get some kinds of coverages, including CFAR, so time may be of the essence.  (10-20 days from the *first* payment, depending upon state of residence at the least.)

Keep in mind that cruiselines may give the CFAR refund in *credits* with an expiration date; third party insurance will usually give 75% cash back and you can decide where and when to spend it, without deadlines or cruiseline restrictions.

We have purchased many policies from TIS and had several claims, including large ones.  All were paid without difficulty.

GC

thank you, i will call today.