Recently married - vaccine record doesn’t match booking

vacruizer

I got married in January and have an upcoming booking in my maiden name. It was booked prior to the marriage and I’ve held off on updating my passport until after this cruise is over so the names would match. I went in to register through verifly and used my state’s QR code to load my vaccine record. Without my knowledge, the last name on the vaccine record had been updated to my married name. I have no idea how or when this occurred. I suspect it was triggered by either my DMV or social security name changes or updated somehow by a doctor I’ve seen recently.  Carnival is telling me I can’t board unless the vaccine record matches the booking…. Only I never requested that my vaccine record be changed!!!  

Anyone out there run into this? I plan to bring old and new drivers license, copy of marriage certificate, passport in maiden name…..surely they won’t deny me boarding over this if I can prove it’s me?

I have no idea how this works.  Do you have your original vaccine card?  Wouldn't it have your maiden name?  All I have ever had to show was my vaccine card.  

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

Is there time to get a divorce, trust me the second honeymoon is better the second time around 😈

6 hours ago, vacruizer said:

I got married in January and have an upcoming booking in my maiden name. It was booked prior to the marriage and I’ve held off on updating my passport until after this cruise is over so the names would match. I went in to register through verifly and used my state’s QR code to load my vaccine record. Without my knowledge, the last name on the vaccine record had been updated to my married name. I have no idea how or when this occurred. I suspect it was triggered by either my DMV or social security name changes or updated somehow by a doctor I’ve seen recently.  Carnival is telling me I can’t board unless the vaccine record matches the booking…. Only I never requested that my vaccine record be changed!!!  

Anyone out there run into this? I plan to bring old and new drivers license, copy of marriage certificate, passport in maiden name…..surely they won’t deny me boarding over this if I can prove it’s me?

Don't use Verifly.  Just present your paper, matching documents

My daughter had the opposite issue. Vaccine card in her maiden name and all the rest of her paperwork and reservations in married name. Carnival told her to bring the bridging document. She was not able to use verifly because they did not match. She took her paper documents with no issues. The rest of us used verifly and really liked the ease of it.