Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

10 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

They don’t need to fix it as long as they allow Diamond and up to get coffee at the cafe promenade.

This is not the first ship we have been on that this has happened.

I am not sure they don’t intend at some point to mend, or replace the machine but I don’t think it is particularly easy to get them serviced. Considering how frequently they break down and the cost of the machines, I am surprised Royal haven’t taken steps to find a new supplier over the years - or perhaps the company has a monopoly and doesn’t need to offer better service?

As far as I know the cafe is a franchise so must be compensated by Royal for the service - perhaps that is an alternative. It is certainly not as convenient as having the machine on site when I am in the Diamond lounge relaxing and reading during the day, when want a coffee and a snack. We used the lounge much less on our last sailing during the day than usual. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

6th pix is fried fish? We had it a couple nights in Windjammer 13 night last week. Delicious!

Fried cod … delicious … real cod too!  Oasis ran out of cod and had to substitute!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

This is not the first ship we have been on that this has happened.

I am not sure they don’t intend at some point to mend, or replace the machine but I don’t think it is particularly easy to get them serviced. Considering how frequently they break down and the cost of the machines, I am surprised Royal haven’t taken steps to find a new supplier over the years - or perhaps the company has a monopoly and doesn’t need to offer better service?

As far as I know the cafe is a franchise so must be compensated by Royal for the service - perhaps that is an alternative. It is certainly not as convenient as having the machine on site when I am in the Diamond lounge relaxing and reading during the day, when want a coffee and a snack. We used the lounge much less on our last sailing during the day than usual. 

It is convenient I agree … however the cappuccino tastes better from the cafe promenade though…it needs that barista touch!  So I would go to cafe promenade in the morning and take the coffee to go and grad another one or two in the afternoon and because the machine is broken it does not count towards your drink as long as it is latte, cappuccino, espresso, coffee.  All others will cost a coupon or charge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Benny.  On the Oasis with the UDP, do Chop's, 150 or Giovanni's allow a second entree?

150 / Giovanni’s you have no problems with second entree.  Chops will definitely push back depending on the server.  Two steaks is out of the question, but if you want to have fish and the shrimp they may let you depending on how you ask.  I had no issues pairing my entree with the shrimp but I had a great server.  You should consider a 5:30 seating at Izumi to try a few bites though … it’s worth the stop!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mets123 said:

What time were you in town? It seemed pretty deserted.  I'll miss Guavaberry Emporium, I always got a bottle or two to bring home. Is their kiosk in the port area still open?

We were the only ship in town and we were there like 1 pm to 8 pm.  Strange hours.  The kiosk is still open.

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

It is convenient I agree … however the cappuccino tastes better from the cafe promenade though…it needs that barista touch!  So I would go to cafe promenade in the morning and take the coffee to go and grad another one or two in the afternoon and because the machine is broken it does not count towards your drink as long as it is latte, cappuccino, espresso, coffee.  All others will cost a coupon or charge.

Can you get as many coffee as you want or is it restricted to 1 per day?  I am on in 9 days and my day always starts with a visit to the diamond lounge for a coffee or 2

1 hour ago, clochette said:

Can you get as many coffee as you want or is it restricted to 1 per day?  I am on in 9 days and my day always starts with a visit to the diamond lounge for a coffee or 2

As many as you want one at a time for the Diamond member.  Only hot drinks nothing special ( no mocha no sauce no additions nothing extra). Only drink types you can get out of the machine will be honored other wise you have to use your coupon or package or pay.

• Like 1

Day 6

Puerto Rico… Mardi Gras is in town…

I heard that Carnival is suspending Cucina (specialty dinning) and chefs table until at least 6/30 due to staffing shortages.  They blame the Visa issues which is inline with what I have been told on Royal.  Except on the Mardi Gras! 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Hogladyrider said:

I'm in, excited to follow this one as well.  We have not been to Bermuda!

St. Maarten and San Juan are two favorites of ours to visit.

Hop a bus to Woody's in Bermuda for really fresh seafood!  Best fried fish and fried chicken!

Edited by BillHoo
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Hogladyrider said:

I'm in, excited to follow this one as well.  We have not been to Bermuda!

St. Maarten and San Juan are two favorites of ours to visit.

I will be following as well since we'll be onboard with same itinerary June 23rd!  😀

• Thanks 1

Day 6

I only made it 1/2 way today because it’s a short visit and it’s hot… very hot … luckily I won’t have to find out how hot it will get during the summer months … made an exit at the red door and headed back to town

0466A451-762B-4400-840A-D8168C0BE829.jpeg

593FC216-BF15-44CD-A900-22B626CAEAAC.jpeg

BA57EBCD-36F4-4FB6-888B-FE9AF1D6EAC8.jpeg

01D00DD0-58D9-4C90-8942-0B4A2D9C29D7.jpeg

86B8382E-7F5A-4BB4-A22B-026EAD89D071.jpeg

29FDC6DF-E653-4FD4-950F-A1173589D986.jpeg

39FB4360-E6B3-4811-9047-C2A6465A7059.jpeg

FFA5030B-F6DF-4450-BE80-092E56974741.jpeg

EA1C624E-7D2D-4750-8B6C-62C6AC01EB36.jpeg

• Like 2