When exactly can you make specialty dinner reservations?

libtrek

So, it says on NCL that you can make dinner reservations 130 days out. But we are gold level and have booked a club suite on Bliss to Alaska, September 17-24. We should be able to book at 125 days out. When I go to our reservation on My NCL, it says May 21 which would be 130 days. Do I have to call to get the earlier reservations? There are only two of us. Mary (Libtrek) 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

says

Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date

it looks like they might be an error with the website causing the right day to show. you most likely have to call them

Edited by shof515

1 hour ago, libtrek said:

So, it says on NCL that you can make dinner reservations 130 days out. But we are gold level and have booked a club suite on Bliss to Alaska, September 17-24. We should be able to book at 125 days out. When I go to our reservation on My NCL, it says May 21 which would be 130 days. Do I have to call to get the earlier reservations? There are only two of us. Mary (Libtrek) 

May 21-September 17 is 120 days, not 130. Suites, havens, villas can book at 130 days, club balcony suites at 125 days, and everyone else at 120 days.

Did you perchance book a lesser cabin through CAS, and then upgraded to a mini-suite? If so,your original comped cabin choice applies to cabin reservations.

There have been numerous threads on CC about folks not being able to book dining reservations on time, or for many not until they are on the ship. For our last cruise, we were supposed to be able to book  125 days before embarkation, but couldn't do so until we were at the 102 day mark. Good Luck!!

Jeez, I am SO math challenged. I meant to say 120 days out, not 130. I was trying to say I wanted to book earlier which would be MORE days out. At any rate, I want to do it at 125 so might have to call. FYI, I am a disaster at both halving or doubling a recipe. Embarrassed 🙈 Mary

I’m 125 days out today and was able to book online (based on latitudes level, we are in a balcony).

I wasn’t expecting that to work and thought they wouldn’t actually open up until 120 days. Good to see the system is getting back to normal now.

I"m a bronze latitudes member and the last time I tried booking specialty dining reservations for our club balcony suite reservation, my reservation online also kept telling me that I had to wait until 120 days away. Yet when I reached 125 days out I logged on and found that I could now make reservations!!

1 hour ago, libtrek said:

Thanks for the updates. I will try to make them at 125 and see what happens.

Just to add to the discussion-

If your Latitude status is bronze, silver , or gold, it doesn't help you with pre-booking. At those statuses, it is entirely dependent on what category of cabin you have booked. (Insides, oceanviews, balconies 120 days; club balcony suites 125 days; and suites,haven, and villas 130 days).

Platinum, sapphire, and diamond members can book at 125 days out. Or if you are in this category and you book a suite, haven, or villa you'd be able to book at 130 days.

Ambassadors can prebook at 130 days regardless of cabin choice.

19 hours ago, libtrek said:

Jeez, I am SO math challenged. I meant to say 120 days out, not 130. I was trying to say I wanted to book earlier which would be MORE days out. At any rate, I want to do it at 125 so might have to call. FYI, I am a disaster at both halving or doubling a recipe. Embarrassed 🙈 Mary

It “should” open at 12 midnight exactly Miami time 120/125/130 days prior to embarkation depending on your status. Prime time sells out quickly. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks. Plan to book at 12:01. Now to decide which restaurants, we have 4 to choose. Not big seafood eaters but we do love halibut so that means Ocean Blue. Does anyone know if Onda is on the Bliss? We loved it on the Encore. Which restaurants are others planning? Mary

try not to overthink this, unless youre trying to book the teppanyaki,  ive never had any problem getting a reservation at any other specialty restaurant before i actually boarded the ship, especially if there are only 2 of you.  if you book a haven or a suite, you have a concierge that will make all the arrangements for you

Reservations are much easier to get once on board than trying to book ahead of time. They only make a small % of the seats available for preboarding booking, and save the majority for booking on the ship. We have never had trouble getting the reservation and the time we want when we book on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Reservations are much easier to get once on board than trying to book ahead of time. They only make a small % of the seats available for preboarding booking, and save the majority for booking on the ship. We have never had trouble getting the reservation and the time we want when we book on board.

I wouldn’t say they are easier to do onboard. You either have to go to the reservation desk or go through the same process as you would at home to do it on the app/touchscreen. I’d rather do that at lunchtime at work than when I’m onboard.

I’d say they are similarly easy, and it comes down to personal preference.

• Like 1

Reporting back. Midnight last night was the 125 day mark for us, because we are in a club balcony. Suddenly at 12:01, I was able to make dinner reservations on the days and times we wanted. Thanks for the advice! Mary

The important details have already been provided to you.  I have just one small thing to add . . .

The Good Mrs. Benson and I are booked as Haven guests for a cruise in September.  Last Monday, 09 May, was the 130th day, and, sure enough, on that day, I became able to make reservations for specialty restaurants through our on-line account.

The next day, though, I noticed that the dinner reservations had gone into the cart, along with our excursions and other purchases, which we weren't prepared to pay until this week.  This raised the question for me as to whether the reservations were actually in place or if because they were in the cart, the reservations were in some sort of limbo.  They didn't reflect in our on-line itinerary.

So I sent an e-mail to NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com---a resource provided by the most helpful Mr. Tilkin in his extensive thread on the Haven on board NORWEGIAN JOY---asking for clarification.  Within two days, they responded (most graciously) with the confirmation for our dinner reservations enclosed.  And I checked our on-line account and, aye, they reflect in our itinerary, now.

Bottom line:  the advertised time frames worked, as far as when we could make reservations on line, but if you have any questions or concerns, going direct with the Norwegian Concierge Desk is a great resource.

Edited by CDR Benson